• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Chrome |OT|

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Nf93a.png
mUDIm.png
22TWI0p.png
22TWI0p.png

A1BvPi5.png
Stable: 58 · Beta: 59 · Dev: 60

I used to be a firefow guy. But now I' m starting to think I'll go Chrome...

Is there such a thing as WOT and smooth scrolling for chrome ?

Is it that better than firefox ?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Minor differences it seems? The tabs just got bigger it seems, which appears to be counter intuitive since the whole point of Chrome was to have as much webpage viewing space as possible.

Awesome bar keeps me using Firefox because it destroys what Chrome has but if I need anything specific quick I'll use Chrome for the speed.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
it broke my bookmarks tweak (button in bar). I need that as I'm not a fan of the bookmarks bar. A firefox like search engine would be nice too (I know that the address bar is a search, but i like FF's implementation).

unomas

Banned
Been hooked on Chrome after switching from firefox which I used for years, just can't beat the speed of it.

BeeDog

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there any extension for Chrome that adds RSS feeds in an intuitive and integrated way (e.g. a sidepane)? It's the only reason I'm still using Firefox (too used to the "Brief" extension), and I'd love to have something similar in Chrome, since I'm sick of the memory hogging Firefox does.

Pachimari

Thanks OP!
I got an important question here, is it possible to minimize the tabs, so that only the websites' logos are shown on the tab like before?

Jim

Anastacio said:
Thanks OP!
I got an important question here, is it possible to minimize the tabs, so that only the websites' logos are shown on the tab like before?

"Pin tab" with a Right Click? Yeah.

Been my preferred browser for 2 years now.

Anastacio said:
Thanks OP!

Right clicking on the tab and selecting Pin Tab seems to do it.

zoku88

zoku88 said:
Did they fix that problem where a page with a lot of images would not load correctly?
If anyone else was curious, it seems like the answer is "no
jamesinclair said:
How does chrome compare to firefox in memory usage?
Depends on the number of tabs.

Lower y axis intercept but the slope is steeper.

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
Vox-Pop said:
I hope the new version is more stable. Currently Chrome is sluggish on my mac.

Yeah, chrome is not very good at displaying animated .gif files for some reason.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Just updated. :D Love the darker blue title bar (would be transparent if I wasn't on my netbook with 7 Starter and no Aero right now) and gray UI, less distracting for sure. And love how they got rid of the ugly bars around the extension badges. Just set up extension and autofill sync, will do it again when I get home. :D

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
curls said:
Yeah, chrome is not very good at displaying animated .gif files for some reason.
or large pics.

I'm getting a prompt telling me that I don't have permission to upgrade. :/

r4z4

Only thing stopping me from jumping to Chrome is the fact that I cant auto-delete history on exit on Mac. Windows users can use an extension which does that though.

Edit: Wow this is lightning quick! And it looks super slick.

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
Vox-Pop said:
or large pics.

I'm getting a prompt telling me that I don't have permission to upgrade. :/

Go into finder and trash the old chrome app.

The UI looks a lot better btw. :)

I swear, not two weeks ago I was saying to someone that it was ridiculous that http:// was still visible in modern browsers. I should have posted it to myself in an envelope or something. :lol

teiresias

rezuth said:
I like Chrome but the GUI is almost offensive. (Yes I have gotten spoiled by my iPhone and OS X)

No, you've gotten used to your iPhone and OSX. Personally, I find the iPhone UI somewhat offensive at this point (and I owned an original 2G iPhone) and like OSX, but I don't find Chrome highly unwelcome in the OSX environment. It doesn't stand out to me as being bad, there's practically no UI at all for crying out loud.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Harry_Tequila said:
I swear, not two weeks ago I was saying to someone that it was ridiculous that http:// was still visible in modern browsers. I should have posted it to myself in an envelope or something. :lol

Google took it out of the dev builds longer ago than that. :) I think there was a small outcry in June.

Top Bottom