• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Excellent Bioshock Infinite Cosplay

Gowans

This was to good not to post.

9k3Nn.jpg

Source (via Reddit): http://www.flickr.com/photos/58826350@N02/6069208143/in/photostream/

Salsa

it certainly looks better than the embarrasing in-game huge tits loli version that doesnt belong in this game at all.

Salsa

Papercuts said:
They really should tone down the ingame character's giant eyes.

I dont know why they suddenly thought they needed to appeal to the pedo-loli-thing they have going on in Japan or something. Its ridiculous and completely out of place.

Definitely the second one makes it a hundred times better, first one makes her look like she has a eating disorder.

edit: holy shit the second pic is real? i thought it was hand drawn /gasp

Khezu

I can see some of the complaints about the main character, she does seem a little to anime in the face. Hopefully they tone it down.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
She's pretty.

Cpt.Underpants said:
Definitely the second one makes it a hundred times better, first one makes her look like she has a eating disorder.

edit: holy shit the second pic is real? i thought it was hand drawn /gasp

Haha, I glanced at the two pictures as I entered this thread and thought the bottom one was a grab from a CG trailer.

NBtoaster

SalsaShark said:
I dont know why they suddenly thought they needed to appeal to the pedo-loli-thing they have going on in Japan or something. Its ridiculous and completely out of place.

Wait, you're serious? She looks like an adult in the game.

Salsa

NBtoaster said:
Wait, you're serious? She looks like an adult in the game.

BioShockInfinite_Elizabeth.jpg

elizabeth_5f00_bridge_5f00_blood_5f00_2.jpg

sure

she looks like a loli character, there's absolutely no need for those boobs considering the purpose of the character. Its like Levine got some advise from Team Ninja or something.

You think Alyx in HL2 needed bigger boobs? she clearly came off as a love-interest of sorts without needing to fill your face with BOOBAGE. We get it, she's the pretty one, now make it classy instead of screaming for fan made hentai.

Feep

Banned
You wouldn't think it possible to beat that, but I think I like this one better...from this weekend at PAX Prime.

PAXDay1_039.jpg

SalsaShark said:
http://epicbattleaxe.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/BioShockInfinite_Elizabeth.jpg

http://blog.zentraedi.com.ve/wp-con...e/elizabeth_5f00_bridge_5f00_blood_5f00_2.jpg

sure

she looks like a loli character, there's absolutely no need for those boobs considering the point they wanna get across with the character. Its like Levine got some advise from Ninja Team or something.
Aren't those shots from the old trailer? Pretty sure the character model (in the OP) has since been altered.

Salsa

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Aren't those shots from the old trailer? Pretty sure the character model (in the OP) has been altered.

i hope so then, latest videos ive seen she looked like that.

Glass Rebel

Feep said:
You wouldn't think it possible to beat that, but I think I like this one better...from this weekend at PAX Prime.

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/PAXDay1_039.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

You can't argue taste but the one in the OP definitely looks more like the game character.

NBtoaster

SalsaShark said:
You think Alyx in HL2 needed bigger boobs? she clearly came off as a love-interest of sorts without needing to fill your face with BOOBAGE. We get it, she's the pretty one, now make it classy instead of screaming for fan made hentai.

Put Alyx in the same outfit, and you'll probably have similar clevage.

Salsa

so they basically didnt fix anything that i mentioned. Still looks like a loli toddler.

NBtoaster said:
Put Alyx in the same outfit, and you'll probably have similar clevage.

but they didnt put her in the same outfit.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Papercuts said:
They really should tone down the ingame character's giant eyes.
SalsaShark said:
Khezu said:
I can see some of the complaints about the main character, she does seem a little to anime in the face. Hopefully they tone it down.
You guy DO know that she has big eyes so she can be very animated and visibly expressive, right? Its the same principle as the one behind Link's eyes in Wind Waker.

@SalsaShark: Are you joshing me, or are you serious. There's nothing about her that's "loli," as you put it. She has anime head count adult proportions, so I'd understand that as grinding against some peoples' preferences, but seriously? Really? Kinda really discredits your opinion, as I imagine you threw that word in there as a generalised hate post.

Salsa

Ellis Kim said:
@SalsaShark: Are you joshing me, or are you serious. There's nothing about her that's "loli," as you put it. She has anime head count adult proportions, so I'd understand that as grinding against some peoples' preferences, but seriously? Really? Kinda really discredits your opinion, as I imagine you threw that word in there as a generalised hate post.

Im just tired of oversexualized women in games and i dont see the need for those kinds of boobs when there is NOTHING about this character hinting that they have a purpose other than give creepy gamer boners.

I throw the word loli around as a reference, im just instantly reminded when i see something so sexual in a character that's supposed to be "cute".

SalsaShark said:
Im just tired of oversexualized women in games and i dont see the need for those kinds of boobs when there is NOTHING about this character hinting that they serve no other purpose than give creepy gamer boners.

I throw the word loli around as a reference, im just instantly reminded when i see something so sexual in a character that's supposed to be "cute".
Eh, I often hear this argument, but I can't really buy into it fully. Men are just as often portrayed as glorified gender stereotypes in games and people don't seem nearly as hot and bothered by it.

Salsa

Ellis Kim said:
Victorian corsets say hello, jerk.

victorian%20corset%202.jpg

but keep calling me jerk over boobs

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Eh, I often hear this argument, and I don't really buy into it. Men are just as often portrayed as glorified gender stereotypes and people don't seem nearly as hot and bothered by it.

No one was sexualized in Bioshock.

NBtoaster

SalsaShark said:
but they didnt put her in the same outfit.

Because it wouldn't make sense. But it does here. isn't she supposed to be some rich, looked after "trophy" of some sort? That's how I understand it..

Salsa

NBtoaster said:
Because it wouldn't make sense. But it does here. isn't she supposed to be some rich, looked after "trophy" of some sort? That's how I understand it..

Imagine her with less boobs. Same amount of cute, serves same purpose with nothing distracting and out of place about her.

Monocle

SalsaShark said:
Im just tired of oversexualized women in games and i dont see the need for those kinds of boobs when there is NOTHING about this character hinting that they have a purpose other than give creepy gamer boners.

Where else is she going to keep her cash? I am shocked and offended by your obvious implication that women aren't responsible enough to be in charge of their own money. How dare you, sir!

Feep

Banned
We're getting way off topic here, but if Victorian corsets are an appropriate outfit to be wearing considering the era of the game, I don't see the problem. Some women have larger breasts than others; large breasts don't weaken or strengthen a character. Did they do this specifically for sex appeal? Maybe. But if it doesn't come with any sacrifices to her development, I don't care.

ZoddGutts

The old design had that awful Pixar human design, not "loli" , just a badly size shape human head. The new design looks much better.

Top Bottom