• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Critical Role: Voice Actors Playing D&D

Hey all. Have they ever released character sheets for the main crew?

I know Mercer has released the Gunslinger etc as PDFs. Anyone know where to find them all?

Cheers!

I know Mercer has released the Gunslinger etc as PDFs. Anyone know where to find them all?
As far as I know he's only released Gunslinger and Blood Hunter (revamp of Vin Diesel's character) because they're custom classes, in case others want to use them. Everyone else is using a standard class, although they may have some small tweaks due to the changeover from Pathfinder.

Hey all. Have they ever released character sheets for the main crew?

Cheers!

The closest thing to Character Sheets released have been the digital stats shown on the show.

Other than that, you could check the players Twitter images to see if they ever took pictures of their actual character sheets. Though, admittedly, that's a big task.

Tomorrow is the first ep of the new year after the two week holiday break. Haven't heard if it's going to be a critmas one since technically it is the first thurs of the month.

It wasn't a Critmas episode though it did run longer than usual and the set has changed a bit yet again.

Also worth mentioning, Orion finally put out a video explaining his departure. You can check his Twitter for the link to the vid but honestly, it's about 26 minutes of stream of consciousness that boils down to his leaving to be able to focus moreso on other projects that lie a bit closer to his heart and that he feels have a shorter window of viability than appearing on CR. He's still friends with Matt and everyone else and says his leaving was cordial.

Edit: Or you can click the link in the post above! lol

Grexeno

It wasn't a Critmas episode though it did run longer than usual and the set has changed a bit yet again.

Also worth mentioning, Orion finally put out a video explaining his departure. You can check his Twitter for the link to the vid but honestly, it's about 26 minutes of stream of consciousness that boils down to his leaving to be able to focus moreso on other projects that lie a bit closer to his heart and that he feels have a shorter window of viability than appearing on CR. He's still friends with Matt and everyone else and says his leaving was cordial.

Edit: Or you can click the link in the post above! lol
Ironically this is basically the in-universe reason why Tiberius goes as well.

It's funny that one of his tips in the first posted DMing tips video was to sometimes have a fight you have to run away from. Good timing.

Wookieomg

God, I adored that episode... The quality just keeps on rising with this show. Some of the best fiction and most immersive storytelling I've had the pleasure of being an audience for. This show needs a lot more love here on GAF!

CoolOff

Wookieomg

Wanted to thank you guys for the thread--I've been chipping my way through the archive for several weeks now, and episode 40 was the first one I've watched live.

Holy crap.

Wookieomg

So basically it's time to assemble the Avengers.

Yeah it's gonna be hype as fuck from here on out! :O I mean... It tends to be that way anyway but man.. I'm really wondering where Matt is guiding the story towards.

Wanted to thank you guys for the thread--I've been chipping my way through the archive for several weeks now, and episode 40 was the first one I've watched live.

Holy crap.

Welcome to the fold! That last episode was.. Just wow. The tension is so high with how everything's changing.. And the RP last episode was godtier.

NewGame

Banned
Looks like the group have ignored the warning they received when they touched those orb things in the basement portal of that house. I imagine they should have stuck with lady Kima or at least searched the house more for clues.

I'm guessing the city was a dragons domain that is being reclaimed- unless the dragons are working in part with the demon/devil who were already trying to control the kingdom which is really unlikely unless I've missed something really big.

From what I can guess the cloudtop district must be segregated for reasons other than class.

Wookieomg

Looks like the group have ignored the warning they received when they touched those orb things in the basement portal of that house. I imagine they should have stuck with lady Kima or at least searched the house more for clues.

I'm guessing the city was a dragons domain that is being reclaimed- unless the dragons are working in part with the demon/devil who were already trying to control the kingdom which is really unlikely unless I've missed something really big.

From what I can guess the cloudtop district must be segregated for reasons other than class.

I think the dragons are working together but without any guiding hand behind them.* Big Red might be the ringleader of the bunch though. Allura spoke at length about how she and others had banished the Cinder King to the plane of fire 15 years prior. And because the dragons mentioned 'your guardians have failed you' or something to that effect, it makes me think it's more of a vendetta against the 'lesser' races (in the dragon's perspective) and an all-out extermination taking place.

*I was thinking the dragons were possibly working on behest of Tiamat, seeing as how all five chromatic colors are/were present and that's something that never really occurs. But I'm not sure. I'm not sure what Matt is pulling from classic D&D lore and what he's using as his own canon.

Apt101

I stumbled across this on Twitch. Pretty cool, something nice to watch in the background. The few I've watched had some really great VA's like Laura Bailey.

I stumbled across this on Twitch. Pretty cool, something nice to watch in the background.
I do the same thing as well and listen to it in the background. I was never into D&D, but I sort of find it amazing how the whole thing plays out. Sometimes it feels like they are applying to strict rules and other times it appears they just make up things on the fly.

Also the Vin Diesel episode was pretty awesome.

I do the same thing as well and listen to it in the background. I was never into D&D, but I sort of find it amazing how the whole thing plays out. Sometimes it feels like they are applying to strict rules and other times it appears they just make up things on the fly.

Meh it was alright. Diesel seemed either nervous or high most of the time.

Gattsu25

Banned
Oooh, going to give this a listen.

The PnP series that Penny Arcade did was great due primarily to the awesome GM they had. Anyone who is familiar with that, are there any other similarly high quality sessions out there for other rulesets/franchises like Numenera or Shadowrun?

Wookieomg

Apparently one of the towns Thordak destroyed was Vax/Vex's hometown.

Which means it's personal.

Yeah, it dawned on me when I saw Liam and Laura's faces go pale and they both suddenly knew. Fuck... It's like Vax and Vex were sitting there instead. Last episode was so full of feels. Unreal.

I stumbled across this on Twitch. Pretty cool, something nice to watch in the background. The few I've watched had some really great VA's like Laura Bailey.

Yeah, a D&D group full of voice actors is kind of insanely awesome lol. Sam Riegel amazes me when he bursts into improvisational song. :D

It's a mix of both. Matt and the players abide by the rules but the beautiful thing about tabletop RPG's is how open and freeform the whole medium is. Players able to play exactly how they want, when they want.

Meh it was alright. Diesel seemed either nervous or high most of the time.

It had probably been several years since he had sat down for a game of D&D, not to mention one with the high caliber of Mercer as DM.

Suzaku

I've never played D&D in my life and just started watching this on a lark, but damn if I didn't watch the entire 3+ hours of the last episode #39. That guy Mercer is a master story teller and I was totally sucked in at the climactic ending. There were some great performances by the players too and you can really see how invested they are in their character and the world.

I need to somehow start playing this.

Szeth

I started watching this in December at a decent pace and was enjoying it fine but then something clicked around Grog's first fight with Kern a couple weeks ago and I became 100% hooked and in love with the show. Now after 2 weeks of literally all my free time devoted to it I'm finally caught up and able to watch my first live episode tomorrow. So damn excited. Also pretty glad I can do other things now lol

I think Sam/Scanlan shot up to my favourite in the last few episodes. He's so good, he better be there tomorrow dammit.

They added posters to the store--announced at the beginning of the stream, and were sold out in almost under 2 minutes.

Storefront_CR_Poster_15e3b07c-ac61-4159-8fd4-bfb218e5c14f_1024x1024.png

I pulled it up, thought about it for a moment, and by the time I grabbed my wallet out to check out, bam, they were gone.

Maximo

They added posters to the store--announced at the beginning of the stream, and were sold out in almost under 2 minutes.

I pulled it up, thought about it for a moment, and by the time I grabbed my wallet out to check out, bam, they were gone.

Yep haha late for the stream by a hour and half and checked..nope gone.

Maximo

I hate to say this but things are much smoother without Tiberius.

Tiberius was my favorite its alot smoother but that also feels like because their distancing themselves and trying to get away from the obvious *Tiberius is not here anymore* It feels less whacky and interesting at times. a Wizard doesn't just bring power to a group it turns general Roleplay on its head with their spells, no more falling down Caverns with Tibs trying to levitate people.
But thats up to Matt to come up with scenarios that benefits their current group, in any case I just miss that over the top personality.

Top Bottom