• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just got beat up badly: How do you guys fight? (if at all...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...well this happened a few hours ago. I suppose I should start the story off before I start asking for advice and stuff but....damn I got beat up pretty freaking badly.

So I'm friends with this girl (lol friendzoned etc. etc., nah it aint like that. I've been really tight with her for about 6 years. There is sexual tension once in a while which is inevitable but I just attempt to get with her friends cause I'd never wanna fuck this up oh man I'm going off on a tangent my bad back to the story)

background history
Well anyways a couple weeks ago I went out with some friends including her, and her muthafucking ex-boyfriend shows up. This would be cool if he was cool and shit but apparently this was that abusive badboy aj from backstreet boys muthafucka. So I kinda relax, I don't want to start any shit. I'm friendly as fuck with everyone.

A couple days later she tells me that her ex was all jealous and shit (yeah I wasn't doing anything, just talking to her like I always do though) and he was calling her a skank and saying racial slurs about me in these text messages.

She goes to the bathroom. I get my drizzy drake on and check her phone to see what this muthafucka said, and God-damn it pissed me off a lot. I should have let it slide but he was definitely going overboard with some of the comments.

Today
Small-town, I run into him and a couple of his friends (this is where I get fucked up) today outside a mall. I was swaggered up listening to that LiveLoveASAP so for some reason my confidence is at the point where I'm willing to provoke him in front of some of his friends.

First thing this guy does is try to act all cool and stuff with me, like a snake. Mr. Iago from Othello being like "oh how you been?" and shit like that. Well I mention the messages I read and there was definitely a change in tone of his voice.

We were doing the whole face-to-face Monday Night Raw thing and then it escalated to shoving and the like. I was handling myself fairly well with the dude but it got really fucking ugly very soon. His friends jumped in and got me on the ground and started booting the shit out of me. I did that "fetal position" thing with emphasis on covering my head most of all.

Now I've got welts all over my torso and I'm sore as fucking hell. I also got one of those silly looking bruises on the bridge of my nose and it's gonna be a bitch to go to school and explain these. I'm probably just gonna say I fell down the stairs if anybody asks.

I need your advice
I've been in a few fights here and there (mostly when I was a lot younger though, like junior year of high school and junior high and shit like that).

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH GETTING HIT? I've heard the old saying that you get 'used to the pain' but dear God it fucking hurt (tears in my eyes fam! but no time to cry when you've got to cover your shit). It was bad enough with the one dude but when the other 2 jumped in it was pretty excruciating.

Has anybody ever had to deal with more than one person before? I'm sure there are people capable of it, but personally I think only Batman can juggle this shit. I probably would have been fine if it was just the one dude, I was doing alright and I gave as well as received but once again the hits all hurt pretty bad. When THEY jumped in, I knew I was done for.

TL:DR - My face hurts, my body hurts. I was stupid as fuck and should have approached him at a more appropriate time if at all

Sorry for the long-winded explanation. I just assumed I should be as descriptive as possible with a thread like this.

Fighting is idiotic. Here's a protip: don't fight with people, unless you're an uneducated preening douche with something to prove.

Ferrio

Banned
Advice: Numbers usually always win.

Why you decided to start shit solo infront of his friends is beyond me.

Amagon

7A6KS.gif

Indeed. It is stupid. But really if I aired out any grievances with the dude (alone or not) he would have definitely went at me.

Some people are like that.

Doesn't sound like much of a fight. Sounds like dudes bitch friends got involved and stomped on you. Hard to have a "fair" fight when you are outnumbered and getting the shit kicked out of you be multiple people.

Rage Kage

Neo Member
Almost seems like a joke post.... almost.

Maybe try not provoking a group of guys who unless you were a black belt could not handle yourself against.

Robot 492

Banned
Now I've got welts all over my torso and I'm sore as fucking hell. I also got one of those silly looking bruises on the bridge of my nose and it's gonna be a bitch to go to school and explain these. I'm probably just gonna say I fell down the stairs if anybody asks.
No one is going to believe this lol. Just tell them you got into a fight.
I've never fought anyone or really had the urge to, so I can't offer any advice. But good luck!

Zeke

well if you talk the same way you post I can't really feel sorry for you. Also thats pretty fucked up you would just go ahead and look thro someones phone.

Ripclawe

Banned
I was stupid as fuck and should have approached him at a more appropriate time if at all

Such as when he is ALONE. You think his friends were going to just step back? Plus if you have to fight multiple never get grounded, stick and move

lol why am I even asking for advice on this matter? the answer's simple as shit. I'll be honest I only added the advice part so I could use this forum as my livejournal for this one.

well if you talk the same way you post I can't really feel sorry for you. Also thats pretty fucked up you would just go ahead and look thro someones phone.

as obnoxious as that post may be, I speak eloquently in real life. I don't even use the term 'swag' to be honest.

Grinchy

Banned
Maybe they are annoyed by dudes who use 700 words to describe something that could have been described in 100.

I usually stay in the background casting healing/recovery spells while my friends tank and deal out the damage. Just gotta watch dat aggro.

sixghost

Almost seems like a joke post.... almost.

Maybe try not provoking a group of guys who unless you were a [professional boxer] could not handle yourself against.
Fixed that part. Blackbelt dude? This isn't the 80s, Karate blackbelts aren't magicians.

Don't fight unless you have to. And if you have to, make sure you either beat the shit out of the person - or get beaten up yourself but take it well.

Brannon

One vs many? Should've just walked away on that one. Hell, even one on one isn't worth it most of the time unless you're willing to go dirty.

quickwhips

I fought two guys at once. You can win unless you know some shit. Just get some good licks in and maybe you will get lucky. I go for cheap shit but I'm not a big guy. I've been in a few fights though.

apana

What was the conversation like between the two of you? You indicated to him that you didn't like what he had to say about you a few weeks before and then what did he say?

Bit-Bit

I never really had a problem with fights. Most people don't know how to fight. They just wail their arms wildly hoping to hurt you. So stand strong, hands up to protect yourself, and do actual punches and jabs. A street fight shouldn't last more than 30 seconds. If you're good, you can take on all three of them chumps. Just one-two punch each one as they advance towards you and they'll either drop or back off cause their nose won't stop bleeding.

MC Safety

Okay...well this happened a few hours ago. I suppose I should start the story off before I start asking for advice and stuff but....damn I got beat up pretty freaking badly.

So I'm friends with this girl (lol friendzoned etc. etc., nah it aint like that. I've been really tight with her for about 6 years. There is sexual tension once in a while which is inevitable but I just attempt to get with her friends cause I'd never wanna fuck this up oh man I'm going off on a tangent my bad back to the story)

background history
Well anyways a couple weeks ago I went out with some friends including her, and her muthafucking ex-boyfriend shows up. This would be cool if he was cool and shit but apparently this was that abusive badboy aj from backstreet boys muthafucka. So I kinda relax, I don't want to start any shit. I'm friendly as fuck with everyone.

A couple days later she tells me that her ex was all jealous and shit (yeah I wasn't doing anything, just talking to her like I always do though) and he was calling her a skank and saying racial slurs about me in these text messages.

She goes to the bathroom. I get my drizzy drake on and check her phone to see what this muthafucka said, and God-damn it pissed me off a lot. I should have let it slide but he was definitely going overboard with some of the comments.

Today
Small-town, I run into him and a couple of his friends (this is where I get fucked up) today outside a mall. I was swaggered up listening to that LiveLoveASAP so for some reason my confidence is at the point where I'm willing to provoke him in front of some of his friends.

First thing this guy does is try to act all cool and stuff with me, like a snake. Mr. Iago from Othello being like "oh how you been?" and shit like that. Well I mention the messages I read and there was definitely a change in tone of his voice.

We were doing the whole face-to-face Monday Night Raw thing and then it escalated to shoving and the like. I was handling myself fairly well with the dude but it got really fucking ugly very soon. His friends jumped in and got me on the ground and started booting the shit out of me. I did that "fetal position" thing with emphasis on covering my head most of all.

I need your advice
I've been in a few fights here and there (mostly when I was a lot younger though, like junior year of high school and junior high and shit like that).

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH GETTING HIT? I've heard the old saying that you get 'used to the pain' but dear God it fucking hurt (tears in my eyes fam! but no time to cry when you've got to cover your shit). It was bad enough with the one dude but when the other 2 jumped in it was pretty excruciating.

Has anybody ever had to deal with more than one person before? I'm sure there are people capable of it, but personally I think only Batman can juggle this shit. I probably would have been fine if it was just the one dude, I was doing alright and I gave as well as received but once again the hits all hurt pretty bad. When THEY jumped in, I knew I was done for.

TL:DR - My face hurts, my body hurts. I was stupid as fuck and should have approached him at a more appropriate time if at all

Sorry for the long-winded explanation. I just assumed I should be as descriptive as possible with a thread like this.

I do not fight, but I would suspect your first mistake was to use the phrase "drizzy drake," which makes you seem like a big douche. Second, do not use your friend's phone without permission as it makes you seem like a big douche.

Next, do not provoke people. Doing so greatly increases the risk they will fight you. It is another big douche move. Finally, do not attempt to pick a fight with a person who is traveling with backup as it increases the risk you will be beaten by multiple people.

These tips will help you avoid a fight, which is the best thing anyone can do. I am certain there are times one must fight, but yours was not one of them.

Slurs are hurtful, to be sure. But you initiated a fight and shouldn't be surprised that you got one.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
You should have done better.

also, I have this dude who says he's "coming after me" because I protected a friend of mine over the thanksgiving weekend. I already know what I will do. It won't be the way the OP handled it though.

TheMan

Sounds like you definitely provoked a situation that could have been avoided.

But you're asking for fighting tips, so here's mine.
1. Turn your back on the guy (weird I know but keep reading)
2. Look back over your shoulder. As you're doing this, lift your left knee into the air.
3. Lower your left knee until your foot touches the ground, making sure that your foot has advanced forward from its original position.
4. Repeat with your right leg.
5. Do this cycle over and over as fast as you can.

when you are outnumbered like that there is no shame in going for a swift kick to the balls followed by a jab to the throat, assuming you even had the opportunity

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It sounds a bit like you should have really figured out an ass whuppin was coming

Protip: Don't fuck with anyone you don't know

Fighting is idiotic. Here's a protip: don't fight with people, unless you're an uneducated preening douche with something to prove.

Completely true...Also douches run in packs and so do people who pick fights (typically). You usually don't seen the loner with no one else around picking fights, instead it's the jackass who has backup. So yeah, unless you have backup, or are a really good fighter, probably make the smart choice and avoid fighting.

Also, you probably shouldn't have checked your friend's phone (if I read that correctly). See what your curiousity did?

InertiaXr

Advice: Numbers usually always win.

Why you decided to start shit solo infront of his friends is beyond me.

Yeah, this guy seems incredibly....not sure what the word is.

1. Fights against groups
2. Says 'swaggered up'
3. Says 'drizzy drake'
4. Checks other people's phones

Anyways, you answered your own question at the very end, you should not have done anything. It doesn't matter what other people who you don't even know the names of say in text messages to others about you, who gives a shit? You talk about having to explain this at school, are you still in high school or something? But then you say when you were a 'lot younger' in 'like junior year of high school.' Regardless, who cares what others at school at any level even think?

Your priority shouldn't be learning how to fight it should be learning how to be a mature person. Thanks for the laugh though

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Jokes aside. I hope your ok, your ego is broken, and the only way that's gonna be fixed is if you go and workout. Srsly go train yourbody before you start shit. Learn your limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom