• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Bend working on a PS4 game?

So they just hired him recently? Hrm...

QUICK GET HIM *tackle*

And ya, either Syphon Filter or Naughty Dog passed Uncharted off to them...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Whatever this is I think it's a long way out. I remember someone in the know saying they had no idea what it is. I hope it's a new IP. Give Bend a chance to step up to the big leagues like they are with RAD.

UNCMark

Banned
Bend would be a good studio to use for smaller downloadable action games similar in scope to something like Shadow Complex.

Takao

Banned
For Bend's sake I hope it's not Syphon Filter. There's no way it'll sell well enough to justify being made, and I fear that will be the end of the studio.

For Bend's sake I hope it's not Syphon Filter. There's no way it'll sell well enough to justify being made, and I fear that will be the end of the studio.

I thought that about the Tomb Raider reboot though, and that turned out well sales wise.

Maybe if Sony gives em a big push?

Or Medievil, ya, but I'd expect PS3 for that since that'd be more of a give back to the fans thing than a 'let's push this reboot' thing

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't even know there was a Sony Bend. What an amazing place for a game studio!

I don't necessarily see that. If it looks good and gets enough marketing, it would probably do fine.

Yawnier

Banned
I will be shocked if this is anything not Uncharted related judging from Demonite's comment a while back, because that would give Naughty Dog room to move onto 2 new IPs for the next generation for their now 2 teams (U3 team and TLOU team).

Orayn

Syphon Filter reboot could be pretty cool depending on how they went about it. The time is ripe, series fell off the radar quite a while ago.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
As a side note, while "PS4 ONLY" quite possibly means the game is on PS4 only, he is the UI guy, so he could be working on only the PS4 version's UI.

That said I'm not sure how many PS4/Vita games would ever actually exist.

I will be shocked if this is anything not Uncharted related judging from Demonite's comment a while back, because that would give Naughty Dog room to move onto 2 new IPs for the next generation for their now 2 teams (U3 team and TLOU team).

I will be livid if someone else does UC4. I want ND to do it.

Syphon Filter reboot needs to happen

But Uncharted is so profitable...

If you were Mr. Yoshida, and you had to decide whether to go with a less profitable, potentially risky Syphon Filter reboot...or Uncharted 4 as a guaranteed best-seller, which would you choose?

Takao

Banned
What about that Infamous game Mortimer said was coming? Doubt it'd be outsourced.

Uh, Bend's really the only internal SCE studio that could make an inFamous for Vita for next year with Second Son's release ruling out Sucker Punch doing it themselves. Given Bend's working on a PS4 game, it's safe to say that inFamous title is outsourced and obviously not to Ready At Dawn either.

How you figure? It will sell since it's a 3rd person shooter and has some brand recognition.

This is a franchise that outside of two late era PS2 ports has been gone from console gaming for over 10 years.

are you guys serious with this uncharted should go to Sony bend? golden abyss was terrible. that was the worst uncharted game I've ever played.

Uh, Bend's really the only internal SCE studio that could make an inFamous for Vita for next year given Second Son's release. Given they're working on a PS4 game, it's safe to say that title is outsourced and obviously not to Ready At Dawn either.

This is a franchise that outside of two late era PS2 ports has been gone from console gaming for over 10 years.

Omega strain was 3 years into PS2. They brought Twisted Metal, they can do SF.

Top Bottom