• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szadek

I don't think that the paladin card is all that good.
It has the same stats as chillmaw,which isn't a great card, despite synergies and an effect that usually works in your favor.
Bog creeper is a 6/8 for 7 and doesn't seem much play in constructed either.
The difference between 6 and 8 hp is pretty big for such an expansive card.
Paladins also already have 2 cards that givee shields, neither of them get played anywhere right now.

The warrior card is just another handbuff card and I have nothing new to say about these cards.
If that mechanic falls flaton it's face than mostof the goes to waste. I'm really getting more and more TGT vibes from this set, also because they are revealing this many shitty filler cards this early.

Pooya

if that guy had divine shield it could be decent, as it is now eh.

both are boring cards. I don't think buffs will have any chance in warrior.

fertygo

The warrior card is just another handbuff card and I have nothing new to say about these cards.
If that mechanic falls flaton it's face than mostof the goes to waste. I'm really getting more and more TGT vibes from this set, also because they are revealing this many shitty filler cards this early.

I won't go that far already, I would just say I'm not interested to how Grimey goons card shaping, I still hyped to what Lotus and Kabal bringing, even from day 1 Lotus and Kabal had the juicy stuff, and Goons is just boring, even some of neutral is more hype than card from Goons

Pooya

new card

636144324751091616.png

we made this weapon so you buff it then it buffs your guys. works every time.

really bad... 2 attack weapons are so bad.

new card

636144324751091616.png

Well, it is easily buffed to 3 attack.

I'm not convinced it's bad because the type of warrior deck it promotes is harder to imagine than paladin. A single weapon buff on it brings it to 12 damage and then you basically get a BOK spread out. I think it's a card hard to judge atm.

I do like how they're trying to promote actual minion board control warrior decks, rather than just handing them simply stronger removal or survival tools they have been doing the for quite a while.

Yeah, that weapon is pretty bad. Worse than Sword of Justice even.

It's absolutely made for the new 3 drop which makes it decent, but without it's not worth it.

zoukka

Reminds me of Charged Hammer. Well it's not as bad as the hammer, but still too slow, unless a supe grindy warrior appears in the meta.

Xanathus

Overall I feel that all these hand buffing cards are going to end up the same way as the Inspire cards in TGT, they're generally too underpowered to be played at a competitive level but there might be 1-3 that sees play because their basic stats aren't too bad.

Jadax

What I'm feeling so far is that either games with these cards will go really really well (getting all the buffs + taunts in), or really really badly. If anything, it'll slow down the extremely aggro fast-paced decks we're seeing now (a bit).

Mediocre at best so far.

c'thun warrior?
dragon warrior?
pirate warrior?
removal warrior?

classic control warrior hasn't been a thing for a long time
You know what I stand corrected, most of my experience with warrior comes as playing against the control variant but looking at the deck lists they have actually gotten some really nice stuff in past expansions.

Pooya

Overall I'd say, warrior and hunter are not touching any of these buffs released so far. Hunter 2 drop is ok though and it could be played as a filler 2 drop in future. The Kodo is just good by itself, it doesn't need buffs. That's what a good card is. If you are playing a mediocre card to go along with another mediocre card to make something good, your deck is mediocre at best. It doesn't work in Hearthstone, you need cards to be good by themselves, more so in a hunter or midrange warrior deck. If you're playing a bad card it needs to be a game ending combo or similar which none of these are. The weapon buff only makes sense in a face deck, no other warrior deck wants to play a 3/3 do nothing card, even if it's good with fool's bane, it's not a good game plan for a deck.

Now paladin cards are better because they impact your entire hand and not a single card you have no control over. Even then the effect isn't worth paying too much for. The 1 mana spell and the 2 drop are the only ones worth considering imo. The rest are junk.

That priest card "6-mana 5 damage to all non-dragons" makes more sense now, if they are expecting minions with higher than average HP pool. But if nobody ends up using those "buff minions in hands" -cards then the new priest aoe clear will be insane.

If people do end up using those "buff minions in hands" then the clear will have less effect. But still be very, very good compared to holy nova or excavated evil.

That priest card "6-mana 5 damage to all non-dragons" makes more sense now, if they are expecting minions with higher than average HP pool. But if nobody ends up using those "buff minions in hands" -cards then the new priest aoe clear will be insane.

If people do end up using those "buff minions in hands" then the clear will have less effect. But still be very, very good compared to holy nova or excavated evil.

I can't wait to play against dragonfire bomb, as a dragon deck. Maybe I'll even find some room for buffs in dragon paladin.

Szadek

The buff Paladin deck could work.
Cheap minions + shitload of draw cards + buffs could be a good deck, but judging new decks like these is nigh impossible.

wiibomb

omg hahahahaha I fell too.. got so puzzled at how that card existed lol

EDIT: would it change if it says "at the end of turn gieve +1/+1"?

V-Faction

Overall I'd say, warrior and hunter are not touching any of these buffs released so far. Hunter 2 drop is ok though and it could be played as a filler 2 drop in future. The Kodo is just good by itself, it doesn't need buffs. That's what a good card is. If you are playing a mediocre card to go along with another mediocre card to make something good, your deck is mediocre at best. It doesn't work in Hearthstone, you need cards to be good by themselves, more so in a hunter or midrange warrior deck. If you're playing a bad card it needs to be a game ending combo or similar which none of these are. The weapon buff only makes sense in a face deck, no other warrior deck wants to play a 3/3 do nothing card, even if it's good with fool's bane, it's not a good game plan for a deck.

Now paladin cards are better because they impact your entire hand and not a single card you have no control over. Even then the effect isn't worth paying too much for. The 1 mana spell and the 2 drop are the only ones worth considering imo. The rest are junk.

Warrior's Stolen Goods + class-based Taunts will be played if you ask me, because it can be controlled and +3/+3 is nothing to sneeze at.

Pawnbroker also feels like a natural fit for your Fiery Axe, Gorehowl, and maybe even Arcanite Reaper.

sibarraz

Banned
Jokes aside, I think that buffadin will need a card that buffs the cards on your deck like mistcaller, otherwise, I don't know if the deck will have a very good value.

And please advice when you guys post ygo cards so I could search for my binoculars

Otnopolit

Grimy Goons mechanic sucks tho, not gonna surprised if this faction archetype not played at all

Since when has stat advantage not been a deciding factor in games? You pay a little upfront, then your buff minion gets buffed, and suddenly past turn 4-5 everything you play just dominates the board. It's going to force removal from your opponent or they get smashed, and they will run out of removal during the late game unless they want to give up the board.

I think it has real potential, and there are many class cards from previous sets that had underpowered statlines that will be better cards because of them getting buffed before playing them.

Weapon does not look playable, its only decent if you play it on curve with Pawnbroker.

Could also be buffed up other ways though. Captain greenskin doesn't seem unreasonable since he could be buffed twice, then you play him and you have another 2 buffs to spread out, and he is a 7/5 when you play him for 5 assuming both buffs hit him.

Could also be a decent pick off discover for paladin or hunter buff deck.

Pooya

it should be out in 3 weeks.

They cover Jade Lotus next week, then another week for the rest of the cards ending with a stream, then you have one week until patch and release. I'm going with Dec 1.

wiibomb

it should be out in 3 weeks.

They cover Jade Lotus next week, then another week for the rest of the cards ending with a stream, then you have one week until patch and release. I'm going with Dec 1.

enough time to get me to about 3500 gold.. hopefully..

sibarraz

Banned
This cards could make pirate warrior more interesting, the weapon synergies will make minions stronger, but warrior problem will be draw considering that this decks will not run warrior classical draw mechanics

Dahbomb

new card

636144324751091616.png

Analyzing this mathematically, 2/3 weapon is roughly equivalent to 2 mana in value. Getting a minion in hand buffed by +1/+1 I am going to say is worth a bit less than 1 mana.

If you get two attacks on this weapon then it's still below its cost but at 3 it's a bit above. And just like Piranha Launcher, this accrues value over time not in one turn which means that it's worth less.

So this card accrues value over 3 turns and even then it comes out worse than Piranha Launcher. Granted this comes out one turn earlier but also has less board impact.

If you don't buff this card then it's not good. Any weapon that you need to buff to be good is overall not that good. You can make the case for this in Pirate Warrior but you aren't going to cut War Axe or Arcanite Reaper for it so it becomes an awkward 5th-6th weapon in the deck.

Raxus

Analyzing this mathematically, 2/3 weapon is roughly equivalent to 2 mana in value. Getting a minion in hand buffed by +1/+1 I am going to say is worth a bit less than 1 mana.

If you get two attacks on this weapon then it's still below its cost but at 3 it's a bit above. And just like Piranha Launcher, this accrues value over time not in one turn which means that it's worth less.

So this card accrues value over 3 turns and even then it comes out worse than Piranha Launcher. Granted this comes out one turn earlier but also has less board impact.

If you don't buff this card then it's not good. Any weapon that you need to buff to be good is overall not that good. You can make the case for this in Pirate Warrior but you aren't going to cut War Axe or Arcanite Reaper for it so it becomes an awkward 5th-6th weapon in the deck.
If you look at a buff deck in general I think it holds up better. We need to see the rest of the cards but if there are cards that buff weapons in hand and weapons that buff minions then it stands to reason you will always have something in hand to buff something up. Combine that with cards that discover outside of classes and the concept is interesting to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom