• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redbull: Will my heart explode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To avoid tl;dr replies, I'll make it short and easy to read:

- Had little sleep this past 4/5 days (around 3/4 hours per night)

- Girlfriend had a pneumonia so I had to take care of the house and our daughter alone

- Been going from place to place searching for a car to offer her, which is pretty exhausting

- I exercise a lot, but just didn't have the time to do it these days

- I eat healthy food (vegetables, fruit, etc) but been eating lot's of junk because of my lack of time since around Friday

So these days have been hard on me, mind and body. To keep me awake and going I drank 1 Redbull per day. I know that it's not very recommended because of all the caffeine in it and prolly other components, so I didn't drink more than 1.

Is my heart going to explode? Will my chest burst into pieces of bone, blood and meat?

VAIL

Commercial red bull is weak compared to the "real" red bull you'll be fine...

Actually those "5 hour energy" bottles are awesome, no side effects there, but it's tastes like camel piss, or at least what I imagine camel piss to taste like.

bjork

It will explode from all the bull semen in your system, yes.

Amp is tastier, blue amp even tastier still

ToxicAdam

I drank a 2 liter of mountain dew a day for about 10 years. I think you will live.

But your penis will shrivel up

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I drank 15 five hour power shots over the course of a few hours. I was seeing shit and tweaking out a bit, but no heart exploding.

When i was out to sea and had like 5 collateral duties i couldn't sleep for a period of 5 days and i ate 3 square meals and had about 20 red bulls in that period...i didn't die. I felt like shit but didn't die

Aurora

I drank 8 Red Bulls in a day before. I had to stay up for 40 hours writing essays for uni. I was shaking and breathing so heavily and felt like complete shit for the next few days. Fuck doing that again.

A friend of mine took speed to write an essay on the night of the deadline and ended up going to a club :lol

SmokinGunZ1981 said:
I often wonder how people like this cope on a day to day basis, your life must be a living hell.

Seriously. If you just think about it for a few seconds - doesn't it come mind that no country would ever allow sales of a drink that would KILL YOU if you drank more than one shot?

Jay Sosa

:lol :lol

Everybody I know drinks Redbull, sometimes "even" mixed with Vodka and they're all perfectly fine.

"Redbull is dangerous" is just a smear campaign cause all the other softdrink companies envy the success. Sure it's not healthy to drink too much cause of all the caffeine and sugar, but It's not like Coke is better..

dexterslu

Nope still drink one every day or so, however I can say that I recently was given a giant box of those Monster "Hitman" energy shots - if you want something to fuck you up for a few days, those things will totally do it.

I've honestly never waken up after drinking an energy drink and felt like complete shit until I had one of those.

Tacitus_

One night I drank about 2 litres of energy drinks, a litre of coffee and topped it off with some alchol. Hadn't had a proper night's sleep before that either.

You'll be fine.

No, don't worry. Your heart will be fine. But even though you are going through some very stressful times, you still need to take care of yourself. The last thing you want is getting ill as well. Take care, and keep it up with the Red Bull. :p

It will give you sexual powers beyond belief, though. That's what it does to me anyway.

1 a day, that's nothing. My friend drinks 5 a day on average, but she often complains of headaches. You might get the annoying eye lid twitch though if you keep it up.

aku:jiki

Jay Sosa said:

Everybody I know drinks Redbull, sometimes "even" mixed with Vodka and they're all perfectly fine.

"Redbull is dangerous" is just a smear campaign cause all the other softdrink companies envy the success. Sure it's not healthy to drink too much cause of all the caffeine and sugar, but It's not like Coke is better..
Yeah... OP was being silly with his reaction, but yours is equally as silly. Try drinking 5 in a day and let us know what that does to your breathing and heart rate.

Aurora

It also has to do with your tolerance to caffeine. For someone who never ever drinks coffee, a single can of Red Bull will have me flying.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
When these energy drinks first started hitting the market, my parents took me to a hot air balloon show and there was a SoBe booth handing out free cans of Adrenaline Rush.

My friend and I had at least 5 each of these cans at the fair within an hour, and took another for the ride home.

It was then that one of read the can and noticed the "Do Not Drink More Than 3 Cans a Day" warning on it :lol

We were high as a kite that whole day...but here I am to tell the story.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I don't believe those "It would take # of cans to take you down" because I'm pretty sure they are just looking at caffeine levels, not the amount of other shit in the can.

It's not the caffeine levels that make these things dangerous in high quantities, it's all that Taurine and B-vitamin nonsense that juices your circulatory system.

I'm sure you could pretty easily kill yourself with way less than 150 cans.

Protip:

Eat before you drink more then 1 Red Bull. Your stomach will revolt.

Not related but just something I noticed while going out when tired once:
1 Red Bull Vodka is fun.
2 is still fun, but you should probably put on the brakes.
3 is getting in the red, you won't feel good if you don't eat.
4 and you're going to know what it feels like to be a hummingbird.

hsin

Banned
RubxQub said:
I don't believe those "It would take # of cans to take you down" because I'm pretty sure they are just looking at caffeine levels, not the amount of other shit in the can.

It's not the caffeine levels that make these things dangerous in high quantities, it's all that Taurine and B-vitamin nonsense that juices your circulatory system.

Haha their disclaimer at the bottom of the page:

Disclaimer
This tool is intended as humor - and is for entertainment purposes only. Nothing on here should be construed as medical advice or information. Do not try this at home. If you actually try this and end up dying after only 140 energy drinks instead of 143, its not our fault.

Jay Sosa

aku:jiki said:
Yeah... OP was being silly with his reaction, but yours is equally as silly. Try drinking 5 in a day and let us know what that does to your breathing and heart rate.

Jay Sosa said:
Sure it's not healthy to drink too much cause of all the caffeine and sugar, but It's not like Coke is better..

bjork

Google said:
Because you enjoy the feeling of your stomach corroding?

Because I was thirsty or something and because I LOVE that shit. I'm down to 1 per day now, but if I ever go into a coma I'm sure I can be revived by IVing that stuff into my system.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
RubxQub said:

Usually 5 energy drinks in an hour will cause caffeine intoxication.

Google:
As someone who drinks ~10-15 cans a day, I can attest that there's nothing to "deal with". Your body just acclimates. You don't feel better or worse drinking it or not. The only time I've really felt odd drinking stuff like that was when I had three Sobe No Fears within a few hours of each other. (Still wasn't much of an adjustment. Just felt kinda dizzy.)

Jay Sosa said:

Redbull and Citron is pretty tasty. Used to go through at least 6 of these whenever we went out a few years ago. Nothing happened except a fantastic mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom