• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Fighters XIV |OT| ¡VIVA REY DE DINOSAURIOS!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm not that good at fighting games but I've always had the funnest with KOF, played the demo of XIV and I found it pretty easy to get into despite being pretty rusty with the series and fighting games in general.

I never quite got the breakdown of how the Special moves work with all the variants, that stuff always seems to elude me with these games.

I'm not that good at fighting games but I've always had the funnest with KOF.

We are the same, but I played the demo and The EX mode allows your moves to become more powerfull (by simply pressing R1)

I'm a total newb and I was able to perform this 95% damamge combo in a matter of minutes with very little practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwdwFmPG1XI

once you are in max mode -this mode makes your regular moves become EX moves, simply press 2 kicks or 2 punches while doing the regular moves.

Anyhow most of the moves leave give you alot of room to chain combos and what not.

Is the most simple yet best KOF system I have ever layed my hands on.

No joke

For competitive purposes we are expecting them to be balanced since we can't have a proper 50 character roster without them.

As bosses it probably depends on what difficulty you play on, the normal/default difficulty seems to be set to be very accessible. Higher levels though can be a pain, to the point where they singled out the culprit in an interview:

Oh sure, I expected them to be balanced for competitive play. I was just hoping for some boss only snk bs.

That said in general I am not too impressed by the final boss tbh.

Great OT, guys! Really hope my copy is able to be in my inbox today, as I NEED more of my Dinosaur as soon as possible!

I do too. But if it's any consolation: a number of interviews have stated that they're always considering means to bring back those characters. And if at least one particular ending in the game is anything to go by...

"Dead" characters may indeed have more of a chance of coming back to life. Either because of what Verse has already done, or because his death/destruction may directly cause such things.

(Ikari and Official Invitation ending)
They said that around 35 revived, and one of them is Ash fucking Crimson. If they brought back this dude from time paradox unexistence them I fully expect a Team Orochi in XV

Finaika

What about this Mai coming out next month on DOA5:LR tho?
0tilhoP.jpg

OMG

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Picking up my LE preorder after work today, the demo played like a dream. Love how you can quickly recover into a roll, and the diversity/variety of characters is a pleasure.

gelf

For competitive purposes we are expecting them to be balanced since we can't have a proper 50 character roster without them.

As bosses it probably depends on what difficulty you play on, the normal/default difficulty seems to be set to be very accessible. Higher levels though can be a pain, to the point where they singled out the culprit in an interview:

If it scales decently with the settings that's good enough for me. The time I really hate it is when the boss is far and away more difficult then anyone you face beforehand on the same level. Steamroller every AI and then die a million times to the boss isn't much fun.

Village

China and Mexico (and to some extent Brazil) got a team because they're really really into KoF.
Maybe the US needs to appreciate KoF a bit more - or maybe Terry counts as Team USA all by himself.
"Kof to never get a usa team ever again"

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Does anyone knows how to set the stage messages?
Before release, i saw some screenshots with custom messages on the Esaka stage.

China and Mexico (and to some extent Brazil) got a team because they're really really into KoF.
Maybe the US needs to appreciate KoF a bit more - or maybe Terry counts as Team USA all by himself.

Terry asks you if you're ok before destroying the shit out of you. If that's not American as fuck, I don't know what is.

Can someone with the LE say how big the artbook is? I'm on vacation right now and I won't get it for a week.

its pretty damn big, around the size of A4 bond paper,softcover. it's the sole reason the damn box is so big!

Atlus really cheaped out on the LE packaging IMO, they used a very thin kind of cardboard. Since all the package contains is the artbook, the game and the soundtrack, the box is "unbalanced" and tends to warp easily.

Menitta

its pretty damn big, around the size of A4 bond paper,softcover. it's the sole reason the damn box is so big!

Atlus really cheaped out on the LE packaging IMO, they used a very thin kind of cardboard. Since all the package contains is the artbook, the game and the soundtrack, the box is "unbalanced" and tends to warp easily.

Great! It looked big, but I just wanted to be sure. I hate those small art books that are the same size as a case. They're just super lame IMO.

Renkax

Just an hour ago I was trying to practice the game with Joe vs terry on the esaka stage and the game ran super slow . I couldn't really do anything the frame rate was just really bad but when I went back to the training stage everything went back at regular speed. Other stages (the art of fighting) that I also tried right now it runs good but the supers go at a slow speed. What's going on?:(

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yup, classic Kyo is a release week freebie bonus.

This 1 cent theme though... lol. Coco breaks the theme, apparently being a male Toucan in an all Gals theme! (The music is nice and chill, and the pics looks quite nice drawn up like this.) Wow, it took forever for me to finally see Vice!

kunonabi

Game is out for delivery so I should be seeing it around 7 or 8 this evening. I also got wired high speed internet installed in my room this morning so I've done all I can on my end and it's all on the netcode now.

Kireek

fyi if you have a HK PSN account the theme is free on there. Didn't feel like adding funds to my wallet just for a 1 cent theme lol

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
anyone know what it looks like?

Here's a tiny sample from SNK's Korean Website:
dlc_kr.jpg

Basically all the female character's Chara-Select screen art, done in that same style. Triangular Sakura-blossoms-like things breeze by on the screen before it switches to another best girl.

The music is nice and chill, probably something remixed for a team ending or something?

So far, I really like this game. Obviously knew I would from the demo, but man is it fun. It won't replace SFV, since I'm such a stan for that game, but it's definitely going to be in my top three fighting game rotation and probably never leave (Gundam and Tekken 7 alternate, with VF possibly getting in there if people played it locally).

I'm feeling Ramon, Hein, Love, and Mui so far. Geese feels like he's gonna take a lot of work to get right. Tung could be enjoyable, but I'm too linear with him to use him right.

Also, I hate Xanadu. Dude is a chump. Get him outta here.

Edit: Oh and the story mode is straight booty in terms of actual story. What's coming in the future is far more interesting.

Top Bottom