• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 17 EASHL (PS4) | DISALLOWED GOAL SCORERS

Stat!

Yea sounds good. Post which jersey number you will be wearing.

The OP should be up-to-date with numbers except for

Rev - hes worn #17 in the past
And im going to wear #2

prob not regularly, my speeds arent that great and dont wanna cause any unneeded lag, but well see

Sounds good. I'll update the OP with the jersey numbers/highlights you posted later today when I have time to do it all at once.

We playin' Tuesday at midnight 0 1. ?

Not me. Unless Amazon somehow gets it to me on Monday. But I'll play Tuesday night for sure! If you guys are ready to go at midnight, feel free to create the team.

Delryk

Sounds good. I'll update the OP with the jersey numbers/highlights you posted later today when I have time to do it all at once.

Not me. Unless Amazon somehow gets it to me on Monday. But I'll play Tuesday night for sure! If you guys are ready to go at midnight, feel free to create the team.

Digital is the way to go for a game you play 90% of the time.. :p

you can always come chat so we can make you drool some more!

Stat!

Digital is the way to go for a game you play 90% of the time.. :p

you can always come chat so we can make you drool some more!

I know and I agree but Amazon E3 deals is worth disc swapping and its a game to reach the minimum since I know I'll purchase it.

I'll get it Tuesday during the day and practice my hand stretches so Im all ready to go Tuesday night.

Delryk

I know and I agree but Amazon E3 deals is worth disc swapping and its a game to reach the minimum since I know I'll purchase it.

I'll get it Tuesday during the day and practice my hand stretches so Im all ready to go Tuesday night.

All good... like I said.. i'm off all week. though, I have a recall on my car and it's Tuesday at 1pm.. lol!

Yea sounds good. Post which jersey number you will be wearing.

The OP should be up-to-date with numbers except for

Rev - hes worn #17 in the past
And im going to wear #2

prob not regularly, my speeds arent that great and dont wanna cause any unneeded lag, but well see

Since #9 is already taken I'll take #19. Thanks.

Welcome to the team. Or as we say around here "Welcome to the team."

You gotta work on the humor via forum posts my friend. You've had way more misses than hits lately.

Sign Nozdeuce up for the club as well, he will prob want #91. He can post in here if he wants another number.

Delryk

You gotta work on the humor via forum posts my friend. You've had way more misses than hits lately.

Sign Nozdeuce up for the club as well, he will prob want #91. He can post in here if he wants another number.

Stat cant give a hit even if it meant his life!

Stat!

Real talk: I won't be able to play till 8 PM on Tuesday. But at 8 PM EST, I'll be ready to go and play.

If you guys are already to go and want to make the team, by all means. If you want to wait, your call as well!

Real talk: I won't be able to play till 8 PM on Tuesday. But at 8 PM EST, I'll be ready to go and play.

If you guys are already to go and want to make the team, by all means. If you want to wait, your call as well!

Ill make the club at the midnight launch when me, Delryk and anyone else is around will play our first games

Not sure if you saw my post awhile ago but Nozdeuce let me know he will be playing this year #91.

RS4 posted in the NHL 17 OP that hes not getting the game for awhile until it goes on sale

Stat!

Ill make the club at the midnight launch when me, Delryk and anyone else is around will play our first games

Not sure if you saw my post awhile ago but Nozdeuce let me know he will be playing this year #91.

RS4 posted in the NHL 17 OP that hes not getting the game for awhile until it goes on sale

Ahh, I must have missed it but I'll add Nozdeuce as 91 to OP.

I will be around on Monday night for midnight mania, but after that, I will be AWOL most of the time for a little bit until the 22nd, unless you guys are up really late. Every year around this time I'm really swamped but I'll be home free to play during normal people hours after the 22nd.

Stat!

10 1/2 more hours!

Its killing me that I won't be able to play till like 8. I still haven't received any notification from Amazon.

Here's to a good year!

giphy.gif

Stat!

PSN could be spotty at any day

And by spotty I mean, it doesn't even work at all for hours and hours

Correct. Like spontaneous maintenance. But now we have a heads up about it!

Ugh. Amazon is telling me my order might not be shipping to me until the 22nd at the earliest. In which case, I'll just buy it tomorrow and return my copy.

Firmware updates havent caused connectivity problems in the past that I can remember.

Thats a bit of an overreaction which means you might qualify for a GAF Gold upgrade. I will PM the mods and have them judge your submission for "Hyperbole of the Month"

Stat!

Firmware updates havent caused connectivity problems in the past that I can remember.

Thats a bit of an overreaction which means you might qualify for a GAF Gold upgrade. I will PM the mods and have them judge your submission for "Hyperbole of the Month"

Which is an overreaction? That I might not get the game till the 28th?!!?!?!? If I dont get it tomorrow, I'll just buy it tomorrow.

Which is an overreaction? That I might not get the game till the 28th?!!?!?!? If I dont get it tomorrow, I'll just buy it tomorrow.

That PSN might be spotty because of a firmware update was the overreaction

Btw the mods voted and you did not win the award. Better luck next time

ggs Delryk and ph33nix. We played really well except for that 1st game.

After about 6 games here are some things that stood out to me in EASHL

+no pregame freezes yet
+skating feels lovely. Players have a weight to them but still handle like world class athletes
+speed is back in the game as a factor and combined with more realistic turning and accelerating defenders can get beat if their body position isnt correct. I got toasted as LD a number of times for not getting out of backskating earlier enough
+the outcomes of hits/physical contact seem to make sense more. No more getting crushed by stationary players with no momentum or sucked into hits when you get by a defender
+A.I. defenders are more aggressive in the neutral and defensive zones
+The Player Summary screen that appears in postgsme is a nice addition
+I didnt see the slapshot whiff animation or the one where you shoot for a one-timer but the puck never gets to you or you try to shoot a loose puck and get locked into a whiff shot animation
-the chop seems to work more reliably when you are at the right distances. I didnt whiff any behind the net in the defensive zone like I did in NHL16 almost 50% of the time

-goalies still give up a lot of bad angle shots from the corner or from along the goal line
-A.I. defenders are useless against easy to defend cross crease plays
-the offensive builds are too good on defense. I dominated on defense with the Offensive Defenseman and my seemingly only weakness was that I couldnt lay people out with hits

Delryk

Ya except for that 1 game against crosscrease masters, most of our goals against were bad bounces off our D.. even if that means you Vis, theres no way its your fault. You're suppose to get in the lane and seems like the bounces into the net % is too high. Lol

RS4-

Sounds like Viz is chumping it up.

I might try and grab a copy today or the next few days. Why can't these fuckers just sell EASHL alone for $30, I'd buy this shit up for life.

I forgot that we play in an arena in front of 0 people lol

Soon the crowd will be roaring at disallowed goals!
I may be on tonight after my Madden date but probably not too long. Gotta fix my sleep schedule up...I've become a bit too nocturnal.

Top Bottom