• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crashmo is the first 3DS game to support reading QR data directly from pictures

Hobby

Basically, it works like this. Nintendo are offering developer produced Crashmo courses on Crashmo's official Japanese site. It's going to be updated with more in the future. This is the first of such:

eH1Nb.jpg

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/eshop/jauj/get/index.html

By accessing this page on 3DS's browser and downloading the picture, you can then load the picture in Crashmo and play the course. There's no need to take a picture of the QR code with the 3DS's camera.

This works with any QR codes that Crashmo supports that are saved to 3DS's SD card, and, obviously, it's not (afaik) just limited to Nintendo's official Crashmo stages, but any custom-made stages.

D-e-f-

Banned
Huh? What's the difference to how Pushmo did it? You scan the code from within the game and the level is right there.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It guarantees that players can download that content even if they only have a 3DS around, though.

I know, which is why it is cool.

I've done mass IR code reading with Kid Icarus, Pokédex 3D, Pushmo, Denpa Men and Kingdom Hearts though and once you have it set up right it goes really fast.

Huh? What's the difference to how Pushmo did it? You scan the code from within the game and the level is right there.

Use the 3DS browser go to the site, save the image. Load up Crashmo, you load the image up there. Saves you from taking a picture of your laptop/pc/smartphone screen.

I think I have some vitamin deficiency, because Crashmo keeps making me feel very stupid. I didn't have that much trouble with Pushmo a year ago.

D-e-f-

Banned
I know, which is why it is cool.

I've done mass IR code reading with Kid Icarus, Pokédex 3D, Pushmo, Denpa Men and Kingdom Hearts though and once you have it set up right it goes really fast.

Use the 3DS browser go to the site, save the image. Load up Crashmo, you load the image up there. Saves you from taking a picture of your laptop/pc/smartphone screen.

You don't scan anything with this; you save the image file to your SD card.

NOW it makes sense :) Thanks

original explanation was a bit weird.

M3d10n

Finally. It was a stupid restriction, probably done out of fear of having an unknown JPEG security exploit lurking around. Now the JPEG files themselves are the level format, kinda like Spore's PNG creatures.

Top Bottom