• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

GhaleonEB

Yeah I remember that as well.

Didn't they also confirm in a bulletin that 4 wouldn't have bloom on any weapons? At least nothing similar to Reach's bloom?

Yup.

Does the BR have spread? Is it hitscan? -xBrutaIity

The BR is a three-shot burst weapon. It is hitscan. In its current tuning, it has recoil (not bloom) which causes it to rise slightly (in a predictable and suppressible way). It is not a replacement for the DMR as has been discussed in the community. You will not see bloom as it currently exists in Vanilla Reach on any weapon, but there will be different methods for reticle targeting that vary depending on the weapon, and players will have a wide arsenal of weapons to choose from. More news about that later.​

http://halo.bungie.org/halobulletins/40

They said the DMR sounds like Zeus' lightning bolts being rained down from Mt. Olympus.
Reminds me of the beta version of Reach's covenant splazor. Nearly had a fucking heart attack when I was first hit by that thing. Sounded like the earth was grinding me between its teeth while a symphony of hacksaws scraped against blackboards.

I loved it.

Homeboyd

I will give 40 billion dollars to anyone who can provide me a single video, start to finish Slayer match on any map in Halo 4. $40 billion.

Computron

I edited the playdate picture for some clarifications.

HALO 2 Vista DOES NOT Work with windows XP.

It's got relatively low requirements, any PC with a graphics card from the last ~5-6 will play it well.

The tentative gather time is 5:00 CST.

Yup.

Does the BR have spread? Is it hitscan? -xBrutaIity

The BR is a three-shot burst weapon. It is hitscan. In its current tuning, it has recoil (not bloom) which causes it to rise slightly (in a predictable and suppressible way). It is not a replacement for the DMR as has been discussed in the community. You will not see bloom as it currently exists in Vanilla Reach on any weapon, but there will be different methods for reticle targeting that vary depending on the weapon, and players will have a wide arsenal of weapons to choose from. More news about that later.​

http://halo.bungie.org/halobulletins/40

Aye, thanks.

Reminds me of the beta version of Reach's covenant splazor. Nearly had a fucking heart attack when I was first hit by that thing. Sounded like the earth was grinding me between its teeth while a symphony of hacksaws scraped against blackboards.

I loved it.

:( RIP

As the Playdate Poster says, PM Me so that I can keep track.

The playdate is next weekend, unless you guys suggest otherwise.
Playdate Poster?

nd2x9.jpg

I got 7 potential players now. Lets get some another team for some BTB maybe?
Halo 2's BTB was my favorite of the bunch. Don't know if it that's nostalgia or what - it just seemed made for that mode moreso than later games. I was never very good at it, but it was always a good time. Maybe later games included more of that skill gap we've been talking about, along with people taking things a lot more seriously.

zap

I'm keen, but how will Halo 2 netcode cope with me being from NZ? I'll give it a try. I'll PM you, don't worry. :p

wwm0nkey

Halo 2's BTB was my favorite of the bunch. Don't know if it that's nostalgia or what - it just seemed made for that mode moreso than later games. I was never very good at it, but it was always a good time. Maybe later games included more of that skill gap we've been talking about, along with people taking things a lot more seriously.
A lot of Halo 2's BTB maps played very nicely with both objective and slayer games

2 flag containment was fucking AMAZING and so was 1 Flag Relic and Terminal

Don't forget zanzibar.
I remember Zanzibar and Headlong. And some other level that takes place on some pretty close knit streets. That and that I couldn't stand those bullet-sponge Brutes but that I also took great pleasure in watching those same Brutes fight it out with Elites. Hell, its been forever and a day since I last played.

And to think, I didn't actually grok Halo until Halo 3.

zap

2 Flag on Containment
1 Flag on Relic
BTB on Coagulation
Terminal, Headlong, Waterworks...

Man there were so many amazing maps in Halo 2!!

Computron

We got a full BTB squad's worth of players getting the game now. Join the Fun!

Just reposing this so It has the top of this page and is seen by more people, not everyone can keep up with GAF:

I want to play Halo 2 With GAF.

What do you all think about this?

Would you be up for this?

iblntwVy8yQbk9.png

Links:

Halo 2 Amazon

Wireless Controller Adapter

What we play depends on how many people participate and what we want to play. 

Does next weekend work for everyone or should I push it forward to allow for shipping time?

Like it says, if you want to participate, PM ME. 

If your considering it, PM me so I can get an estimate of how many of you there will be.

Any suggestions? Questions, about this or Halo 2 Vista?

Computron

Wonderful, once I get all the PMs I will send out for your GTags and invite for my lobby. All are welcome, except the flood, ew. All gross with their tentacles, nhuuuwww.

Computron

SHIT, how did I not notice that. The Spanish are conspiring against me.

How about the next weekend? Saturday the 12th? That will give time for shipping as well?

wwm0nkey

So Halo 2 Vista day will be streamed? Awesome.

Also yeah next week is probably the best idea, gives time for the items to arrive to people.

Computron

So Halo 2 Vista day will be streamed? Awesome.

Also yeah next week is probably the best idea, gives time for the items to arrive to people.

If anyone wants to, sure. I can't, don't wan to clog up my upload, I gotta host this shit. I'll see about getting a dedicated server. Already got one for other games.

Top Bottom