• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

ryuen

Man Niketalk is confusing. Anyway...I'm starting my (Jordan) collection and can't figure out whether to start with the 1s or the 13s.

Wearing my 13's right now. Quite possibly the most comfy Jordan! To me, III's and XI's are staples of any good Jordan collection.

Man Niketalk is confusing. Anyway...I'm starting my (Jordan) collection and can't figure out whether to start with the 1s or the 13s.

Numerical number count doesn't really matter. Like the Jordan 2's are among the least liked Jordans & the later numbered Jordans are less sought after by Jordan fans.
Start with what you think looks the best.

Mr.Fresh

I'm so ready for the Black/Blue Jordan Is.

And the NIKE Air IIIs. <3

lol I hope i can get the 3's but The Royal 1's will be a great Birthday present.

For everybody that like batman or the green and purple colors, the Joker 3's come out this month too.
iFuJPyAWAKczw.jpg

Model: Air Jordan 3
Color: Black/Electric Green/Canyon Purple/White
Release: Feb 16, 2013

Wearing my 13's right now. Quite possibly the most comfy Jordan! To me, III's and XI's are staples of any good Jordan collection.

Funny thing, I just flipped a pair Black Cement IIIs that were too big for me.

Go with what designs you like best. Personally, I love 4s, but I do like the 1s coming out as well as a few others but not all.

I'm a plain dresser so I won't buy anything too loud. As far as Jordans go I like I, III-VII, then XI-XIII. I like the Royal Blues but I can't rock with blue for real.

I'm a plain dresser so I won't buy anything too loud. As far as Jordans go I like I, III-VII, then XI-XIII. I like the Royal Blues but I can't rock with blue for real.

I hear you, I normally pick plain/complimentary shoes too but sometimes, you gotta go with something fun.

P1010140.jpg

I rock these if I'm wearing a single color palette (like navy, black or gray) and want something to break it up.

Look at the whole range; buy what you like. Don't start with a shoe based on "advice"!

Right now, you can probably (relatively) easily find some 1s, 4s, 5s, 7s, and 9s. Try those!

Any body else trying to catch the Air Jordan 3 88's coming this wednesday? I seems like it'll be tough but I'm hoping to get em. Finishline and Nikestore both confirmed theyll have em, thats about it.

Mr.Fresh

Any body else trying to catch the Air Jordan 3 88's coming this wednesday? I seems like it'll be tough but I'm hoping to get em. Finishline and Nikestore both confirmed theyll have em, thats about it.

I was gonna try but im not gonna have the Money in time. :(

beat

I still browse the shoes. I am underwhelmed.

They seemed to be slacking and just whore out the Air Max 95 and 97.
I like what Nike did with the Powerlines sneakers from last year. The stripes actually kind of remind of AM95s in a way, actually. (the Powerline II's are way less interesting.)

They look like either Nike SB Bruins or Nike SB Blazers Low, though I'm leaning towards the Bruins since I own 2 pairs of them and they look like that.

Here's my gray pair:
P1010096.jpg

I really like the color combo on those. Looks like you take good care of them too.

Nike SB Fluff Bruins. My brother got them for me. There were only like 250 released. They go for about $300.
Usually don't spend that much on casual shoes but I am all over this. Thanks for the ID fellas.

People pay $200 plus for a old ass game to play on an old ass system. People pay $300 for a picture to sit on a wall. If people like it enough they will pay.
This isn't lost on me. I simply think limited for the sake of limited is kinda lame. $350 gets you retail common projects suede/canvas lows, which are across the board much nicer sneakers, hype appeal aside.

ryuen

Are 13s still available at a decent price? Those were my favorites. I would love a pair.

Some Foot Lockers/Foot Actions are re-releasing them tomorrow for Superbowl Sunday. Might be one of the last times they restock I feel in a B&M.

LJ11

This isn't lost on me. I simply think limited for the sake of limited is kinda lame. $350 gets you retail common projects suede/canvas lows, which are across the board much nicer sneakers, hype appeal aside.

Nostalgia.

When Nike started to retro the Jordan's they were dirt cheap, msrp was lower than the mainline J of the current year. The IIIs were 110, the XI were 110 to 120 and you could just walk into a store and pick up a pair. Then the cult following kept growing and growing. People want the royal blue js even though Nike released better color ways 10 years ago at an 80 dollar price point.

Hype, low quantity relative to demand, everyone wants a piece of their past. I know that's why I started, wanted to wear the kicks I had when I was a kid.

Mr.Fresh

don't worry, i feel you

so like...why don't any of ya'll branch out into non nike sneakers?

Not sure about every else but Nike has a lot of good shit so I look there but I also like the reebok kamikaze line and superstar Adidas.

Edit:whoops double post :/

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I kind of want the black/pink foams that were released recently. Just to match with my pink/black Mad Catz shirt :/

So I like a lot of different sneakers but have never really delved into any kind of community around them or thought of myself as a collector. Also never really been excited about Nike as a brand. But goddamn, what is the story with that Nike Foamposite in the OP? Looks amazing, but what the hell is a foamposite?

DominoKid

So I like a lot of different sneakers but have never really delved into any kind of community around them or thought of myself as a collector. Also never really been excited about Nike as a brand. But goddamn, what is the story with that Nike Foamposite in the OP? Looks amazing, but what the hell is a foamposite?

Foamposite is some some space material shit Nike invented for shoes. the most iconic Foam shoe is the one in the OP, or the one i posted up above (copper foams). called the Foamposite Pro/One (price is a little different), or Foams for short. everyone will know what youre talking about.

basically they're basketball shoes, even though folks these days swear they're SO heavy (superlight shoes are the new move). i play in the Cough Drops and it truly is a great shoe to play in and they look fucking awesome. they hurt like shit to wear at first because of the plate and the rigidity of the shoe (although some releases have had "soft foam" which folks didn't like).

they're durable as shit. they stay clean better than most shoes. they feel wonderful once you've broken them in and they sort of mold to your feet. also they're really unique & eye-catching.

there's other -posite shoes. skyposite, flightposite, hyperposite, total foam max, etc.

i've got 4 pairs of Foamposites and i'd have more if they didn't cost so much. i still need to get the Red Foams. not too fond of how whored out the line has become in the last 2 years tho.

Tekniqs

I miss my 2k4 Huraches! i let my cousin borrow them one day...never got them back LOL! I ain't even mad though...I would have done the same.

LJ11

Foamposite is some some space material shit Nike invented for shoes. the most iconic Foam shoe is the one in the OP, or the one i posted up above (copper foams). called the Foamposite Pro/One (price is a little different), or Foams for short. everyone will know what youre talking about.

basically they're basketball shoes, even though folks these days swear they're SO heavy (superlight shoes are the new move). i play in the Cough Drops and it truly is a great shoe to play in and they look fucking awesome. they hurt like shit to wear at first because of the plate and the rigidity of the shoe (although some releases have had "soft foam" which folks didn't like).

they're durable as shit. they stay clean better than most shoes. they feel wonderful once you've broken them in and they sort of mold to your feet. also they're really unique & eye-catching.

there's other -posite shoes. skyposite, flightposite, hyperposite, total foam max, etc.

i've got 4 pairs of Foamposites and i'd have more if they didn't cost so much. i still need to get the Red Foams. not too fond of how whored out the line has become in the last 2 years tho.

First pair I got was back in 97 or 98, can't remember. They were all black with a neon yellow swoosh, think they were a Footaction exclusive but may be wrong. One of my favorite pairs of sneakers. Still have a pair of flightposites, but nothing compares to the foamposites.

Top Bottom