• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic Park 3D - They do move in herds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

what? plz tell me your under 25, cause i remember seeing this in theaters somewhere in toronto, think it was fairview mall.

I saw it at Fairview too! (RIP arcade)

Watched both JP and Robocop (the latter for the first time in theater) last year at the digital film fest downtown, shit was a riot. Probably one of the better theater experiences I've had in a while because you can just feel it from everyone, they all had a good time.

DjRoomba

Banned
Oh goodie another 2D movie in 3D to make going to the movies as uncomfortable as possible.

And no CGI upgrade from Spielberg guys, he aint no Lucas

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'm fucking PRAYING that the 2D disc is a good remaster. They threw the same old shit on the 2D disc in the Top Gun 3D release.

fuck CGI. This shit is real.

Sorry, but all of my favorite shots in this movie are CGI.
And I know exactly how literally every effects shot in this movie was done.

I'm fucking PRAYING that the 2D disc is a good remaster. They threw the same old shit on the 2D disc in the Top Gun 3D release.

Sorry, but all of my favorite shots in this movie are CGI.
And I know exactly how literally every effects shot in this movie was done.

which once?

strafer

dis aint CGI son.

rexblow7ucs.gif

dats Stan Winston brilliance

fuck CGI

Yamauchi

Banned
Kudos on the title, OP. My two favorite quotes from the film.

"They're moving in herds. They do move in herds."

"Some of them smell. Babies smell!"

Baskcm

Cant beat the line "hold onto your butts" and then the music kicks in so good.

will have to see where this is showing locally, loved it when it was shown at the cinema cant wait to see it on imax.

Am I the only one that teared up a little?
Reading the thread title got me too, haha

So excited! My favorite film of all time! I'm not exactly excited about the 3D part, but I can't wait to see it again in theaters. Saw it about three times when it originally was showing, and I think it's still the only film to date I've watched more than once in theaters.

If I had to guess, I'd say I've seen it over 100 times at this point. I was on a daily watching run there for a while when I was younger.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
which once?

The top two have to be the T-Rex going through the fence and the through-the-windshield shot of it walking by a few seconds after.
The award for Holy Shit... I Can't Believe They Even Attempted This In 1993 goes to the shot where the T-Rex climbs on top of the kids' jeep.

hobz360

One of my favorite quote from the movie:

"but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should."

Love Dr. Malcolm and I can't wait to watch this in 3D!!

TAJ

One of my favorite quote from the movie:

"but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should."

Love Dr. Malcolm and I can't wait to watch this in 3D!!

Best line is PotC, no question.

The top two have to be the T-Rex going through the fence and the through-the-windshield shot of it walking by a few seconds after.
The award for Holy Shit... I Can't Believe They Even Attempted This In 1993 goes to the shot where the T-Rex climbs on top of the kids' jeep.

image_medium.jpg

content_jurassic-park-t-rex-danger-blog-11.jpg

you know you want it.

Magnus

So, yesterday was a total blast. Was so awesome to finally see this in a theatre!

3D was generally well done. It's never annoying, never truly in your face awful, and used to great effect in 2 or 3 different 'shock' moments (fans of the film can guess which). Tons of gasps from the audience, even during non-3D moments, which made me think either tons of people haven't seen the film in ages and didn't remember many surprises, or there were a lot of first-time viewers in the crowd.

Either way, an excellent way to re-experience the film. Really felt like I was watching it for the first time. Found myself on the edge of my seat despite knowing exactly what was going to happen.

Also...like, damn...how was the CG that good in 1993? Or am I completely naive and were other tricks employed for the T-Rex in particular? Jesus Christ. Or was the CG retooled for the bluray/HD release two years ago? I dunno. It all still looks so fucking good and believable.

Great experience. Go see!

Favorite moment: the entire audience bursting into laughter at this shot:

strafer

So, yesterday was a total blast. Was so awesome to finally see this in a theatre!

3D was generally well done. It's never annoying, never truly in your face awful, and used to great effect in 2 or 3 different 'shock' moments (fans of the film can guess which). Tons of gasps from the audience, even during non-3D moments, which made me think either tons of people haven't seen the film in ages and didn't remember many surprises, or there were a lot of first-time viewers in the crowd.

Either way, an excellent way to re-experience the film. Really felt like I was watching it for the first time. Found myself on the edge of my seat despite knowing exactly what was going to happen.

Also...like, damn...how was the CG that good in 1993? Or am I completely naive and were other tricks employed for the T-Rex in particular? Jesus Christ. Or was the CG retooled for the bluray/HD release two years ago? I dunno. It all still looks so fucking good and believable.

How was the audience during the water ripple scene?

RS4-

Oh fuck, where did you see it?

Magnus

Expectant, silent, bated breath. One girl gasped on the other side of the theatre, lol.

People couldn't shut up during Ellie's elbow-deep-in-shit scene. I've never heard 'ew' so often and obnoxiously in 60 seconds.

Oh fuck, where did you see it?

Advance screening in Toronto, courtesy of Universal Pictures! I usually have extra passes for Universal films for friends if you live in TO; PM me!

So, anyone picking up the 'JP3D' toys? While they are more like spinoff toys (I do not think Hasbro retained the rights to the actors, etc) thry are very nice for JP and dinosaur fans.

Pachyrhinosaurus Clash

Allosaurus Assault

These are about 10inches long, articulated with removable dino-damage and battle features. On top of that they are the first new molds in 11+ years!

Hyped!

Seriously, its amazing how watching the movie on the big screen on in IMAX + 3D really does make things feel fresh.

Its funny that you ask that, because when I saw the IMAX preview before OZ all I could see in that scene was the guitar string under the cup. It was really evident at that quality and size, haha. Still an amazing scene..

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Well, I was just invited to a screening this week and now I can't focus on the dozen journal articles I have to read for Monday.

Memories keep flooding back. I remember gas stations (Esso?) in Quebec had dinosaur-specific Jurassic Park books available at the tellers. My dad took me on an hour long trip to Sherbrooke to pick up the Dilophosaurus one. I hope I still have them. :)

Well, I was just invited to a screening this week and now I can't focus on the dozen journal articles I have to read for Monday.

Memories keep flooding back. I remember gas stations (Esso?) in Quebec had dinosaur-specific Jurassic Park books available at the tellers. My dad took me on an hour long trip to Sherbrooke to pick up the Dilophosaurus one. I hope I still have them. :)

Jealous. Im dying to see this in IMAX.

Just great, my local BK doesn't sell people under 12 years Kids Meals unless you act like you're taking them out for your kids. Is this shit even legal?

Hm, don't say its for you I suppose.. If they ask say its for a child back at home or something.

They never did capitalise on the pure sex that was Ian Malcolm in The Lost World like they did in this oh so gratuitous scene. Damn shame.

That was one thing that bummed me out about TLW- He wasn't the sexy full of himself chaos theorist. Then again, he had more at stake with his daughter and girlfriend involved, so I get why he was more 'normal'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom