• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamnBoxes

I love Giant Bomb.

aef058d2a5c97edf0380e62e460bcbb9.png

2016 is in third place as the year with most content, first when it comes to run time.*

Edit: And then I remembered that the Bombcast is in video format now (padding the content).

As a person who didn't start following the community threads until May this year, I hope we continue the tradition of talking about content drought and that we continue/create a tradition of discussing Waypoint twitter/content in these GB threads in the year to come.

I'm curious what the numbers would look like if you cut video podcasts and best-ofs. They had to have recorded at least a few days worth of podcasts since they started taping them.

Also, premium is the actual issue when it comes to content.

god damn it you have me talking about content when I could be playing the game of the year

J_Viper

Jeff is gameplay and mechanics driven, for the most part. If a game that's 80% style and 20% substance has a style he doesn't like, of course he's going to hate it.

Right, right. I don't know why I didn't make that connection.

That's how Syndicate ended up on the GoTY list that year,
which was the right move because that game was awesome

Was it ever discovered why Jeff holds so much hatred in his heart for Inside?

Jeff is gameplay and mechanics driven, for the most part. If a game that's 80% style and 20% substance has a style he doesn't like, of course he's going to hate it.

And what is there also requires a bit of piecing together (if you're hunting for the full story) which is also not great if you already don't care enough about the style.

do you think an episodic skate game would be good

Something I always thought could work. At the very least I think a level based Skate game ala classic THPS would be cool. Some of my best Skate memories are from the demos and their limited areas and just mastering that space.

Do I think EA could make one without fucking it up? Hmmmmm.

I was going through some old videos on Youtube, then I skipped through Son'y Gamescom coneference in 2013.

While he revealed the date, 15th November in NA, Vinny said, so this is a week earlier then Xbox One, right?

And how fast Jeff and Brad said they haven't revealed that yet. Lol, good job guys on keeping it cool.

Mr. F

Banned
Yay new thread. Looking forward to catching up with Brad's stream this week (minus DOTA parts)

Edit; Finished this year's Beastcast special. There were some hilarious moments in there but the structure of the game felt a bit too loose in spots, and then suddenly it was over. The 40 floors bit was amazing, though.

Right, right. I don't know why I didn't make that connection.

That's how Syndicate ended up on the GoTY list that year,
which was the right move because that game was awesome

I also think he has a sliiight, sliiiiiight contrarian streak. Nothing major but dude digs his heels in hard sometimes.

Par Score

The Rocket League Rubber Match just made it plainer than ever how much the site misses Austin.

From across the country, while playing and intense multiplayer game, his interactions with Brad, Jeff and Dan were more interesting and funny than they had any right to be.

It goes without saying that Austin, Vinny and Alex did incredible work together and GBeast has been missing him, but goddamn if it hasn't had wider effects than that.

Obviously we all hope the best for whatever #NewHires happen, but lordy do they have some big shoes to fill.

I finally starting playing Invisible Inc on PS Plus, I think Austin was right about this game wow.

I know it got #10 that year due to the strength of Austin's debate skills, but was it nominated for best style as well? This game looks goooooooood

Hitman looks so much sharper on the Pro (and I assume the PC too)

I should buy the PC version now I got the rig to handle it but I am not sure I want to do the grind again to re-unlock everything + not have my elusive target suits.

Actually maybe replaying all of Hitman wouldnt be so bad...

TraBuch

Banned
I didn't even realize shortsFortallPeople got banned. Does that mean our avatar bet is over and I can change it?

sant

What was the colourful third person space resource gathering game that Brad was playing last night?

Astroneer looks cool but after playing a few hours of it, there's not much there. Unless there's a ton of stuff to be added or that hasn't been discovered, it really only takes a few hours to kind of build just about everything there is to build.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Astroneer looks cool but after playing a few hours of it, there's not much there. Unless there's a ton of stuff to be added or that hasn't been discovered, it really only takes a few hours to kind of build just about everything there is to build.

I got about 10 hours out of it. For the price, it's worth it.

I am debating starting a new playthrough of Stardew Valley... That game is so good.

The biggest issue with Skate 3 was you were given smaller selections of levels instead of a massive sprawling world to find spots in.

I dunno, I thought the level design was just not as good as Skate 2's, and that didn't really have anything to do with how connected the areas were.

Jintor

Yay new thread. Looking forward to catching up with Brad's stream this week (minus DOTA parts)

Edit; Finished this year's Beastcast special. There were some hilarious moments in there but the structure of the game felt a bit too loose in spots, and then suddenly it was over. The 40 floors bit was amazing, though.

Yeah it doesn't feel as nicely classic three-act as fiasco did (despite literally having three acts)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's crazy to me that it's cheaper to move to NYC than San Francisco

what the fuck

also has anyone made the clicker equivalent of loot crate games? just a game where you amass loot boxes with no gameplay and open them for jpegs

Tan

The best part of Dan singing is that I've never heard these songs before, so Dan's rendition of the song is only one I know

I like Dan, but man... Him saying "none of us experienced it so we shouldn't care about it." In regards to Hitman always online connection breaking the single player when it went down, is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard him say. That's like saying the PC port is borked, but I played on PS4 so whatever...

I like Dan a lot, but come on dude... Guess it makes since for someone that's a ball chaser in Rocket League ;)

I still like you Dan

Sincerely,

An internet stranger who's opinion shouldn't upset other people.

I got about 10 hours out of it. For the price, it's worth it.

I am debating starting a new playthrough of Stardew Valley... That game is so good.

One of these days I'll buy Stardew Valley. I loved the original Harvest Moon and HM64 but was incredibly disappointed by the GCN game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom