• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

killroy87

Man, I need to get good. I find the jump from level 3 to level 4 multiverse to just wreck me. That must be where my cheese bullshit won't cut it anymore.

FUCK YEAH Finally got Staff of Grayson. I had decided this was my last try, and I got it in last try lmao. Also got Cat Call and Reverse Omega Beams. Feels good man.

patchday

So far for top 8 we have already seen Scarecrow, batman, adam, aqua, Green Arrow, & supes

Trying to cheer this Green Arrow dude right now fighting against Aqua but its looking bad ;(

(damn he just switched to Black Adam since the Aqua shutdown his GA. But his GA shutdown Superman)

Altairre

So, something weird happened to me using the glitch. My profile leveled up (after about 60 runs) and suddenly I started to get a huge amount of credits and xp after every multiverse fight. I'm talking 50k credits and 100k xp just for one boss fight. Anyone else got that?

stn

Can someone please tell me this glitch? I definitely would love to have Cat Call so I can eventually get the full achievements!

Is this ability multiverse available to anyone or do I need the season pass? I can't seem to find it in the multiverse.

I'm only seeing a Diamond Motherbox event at the moment. It's the same price as the Diamond + Ability events normally are so I'm wondering if they've pulled the guaranteed random abilities as rewards until they patch the exploit.

patchday

Wow Scarecrow won this thing. Lol there goes all the complaining bout Black Adam vs Aqua. Granted, Sonic fox vs Slayer was weird (BA vs BA)

----------------

@HungOverOnATues, probably because you have all abilities unlocked. For someone else that still needs abilities, it appears like "Diamond box / Random Ability" still

JAXXX

DCpEcxiWAAA2Xzy.jpg

Q8D3vil

Wow Scarecrow won this thing. Lol there goes all the complaining bout Black Adam vs Aqua. Granted, Sonic fox vs Slayer was weird (BA vs BA)

----------------

@HungOverOnATues, probably because you have all abilities unlocked. For someone else that still needs abilities, it appears like "Diamond box / Random Ability" still
Not really, he played much better than opponent broken ass characters. not to mention familiarity with the matchup. Also, His spacing was amazing.
Black adam and aquaman are top 2 and only way to fix them is with nerfs.

2 Canadians in top 10. Nice.

patchday: Ah, that's probably it then. I barely got any from the diamond boxes after I stopped running the event. May have gotten the last one from those.

Xeteh

That Scarecrow was so fun and watching him run down the same boring heroes everyone plays was glorious. That was fantastic.

Dont waste crystals on colors. You will gain 'em until you reach level 60. Then you get some by finishing all character tutorials and for putting 5 Epics in a characters loadout.

After that you gotta pay real $ for 'em.

I want to ask, what should I use the crystals for? Also, will I be able to unlock colors and premium costumes through boxes?

ZeroX03

Banned
I want to ask, what should I use the crystals for? Also, will I be able to unlock colors and premium costumes through boxes?

Premium skins do not drop from anything. Spend your crystals on them. You'll run out after two and have to pay with real money though.

Regular shaders can drop, you can grind to 20 yourself easily and they'd transmog if you really want it I guess.

Ravelle

Do you guys play these 16+ towers? I see those diamond box rewards and think ooh! Nice! but then I see it's a 12 to 20 storied tower and get demotivated to start them. It's such a time investment.

I finally unlocked Cat Call from a Mother Box. It was literally the last ability I could unlock, as the random ability reward for Multiverse is no longer available. I grinded the ability glitch close to 80 times, but man, it feels good knowing that I have a complete collection now.

Getting abilities from random boxes was a dumb mistake.

Should have been getting all from level up your characters. Locking gameplay behind RNG is such a weird decision.

Getting abilities from random boxes was a dumb mistake.

Should have been getting all from level up your characters. Locking gameplay behind RNG is such a weird decision.

Someone posted a great idea a couple of pages back about gaining abilities by prestiging characters. I think that would have been a better approach.

delSai

The gear system definitely feels like it can improve. I like it, but by the next game they're using it in it'll probably be a huge step above what we have now.
They are already adding and patching stuff so thats a good start. Still props to NRS for trying something new.

bman94

Do you guys play these 16+ towers? I see those diamond box rewards and think ooh! Nice! but then I see it's a 12 to 20 storied tower and get demotivated to start them. It's such a time investment.

Yeah it's definitely a slow burn. Doesn't help that they require 15 level characters in order to survive.

Q8D3vil

Thats why i let ai do them while playing on my pc or watching tv/movie.

The gear system definitely feels like it can improve. I like it, but by the next game they're using it in it'll probably be a huge step above what we have now.
They are already adding and patching stuff so thats a good start. Still props to NRS for trying something new.

Yeah i hope thats their first step into this and if gear does come back for MK 11 for example its much improved.

Wish it would be less gear and much more unique instead. Would also reduce the stupid storage management.

Do it like Tekken where you have a list which you unlock the pieces from it.

That'd still make them useless for competitive.

Should just be something you can pick at character select.

Yeah abilities being like assists would be cool.

Since NRS always tries out new things i can see this happen eventually.

It would be the natural evolution without being so loose like the Injustice 2 abilties but at the same time not so big like the variations.

Well, I sort of got the exploit to work on XB1. Lets me do the event multiple times but I have to pay the 150k each time. Sadly I don't have that many credits saved up but useful for someone that does I guess.

It won't make a lick of sense for anyone that has not seen the auralnaughts Bane parody but oh how I wish the Bane voice in this game would say "finish him" or "toasty" :D.

Premium skins do not drop from anything. Spend your crystals on them. You'll run out after two and have to pay with real money though.

Regular shaders can drop, you can grind to 20 yourself easily and they'd transmog if you really want it I guess.

What do you mean?

ZeroX03

Banned
What do you mean?

Two controllers in VS mode, you can earn 600exp every 30 seconds.

AI auto farming in multiverse with turbo controller or PC remote play,

Manually farming very easy multiverse with no jump/perfect bonuses.

Lots of easy, quick ways to get to level 20 without spending 10k source crystals.

sinkfla87

Still no cat call and no staff of Grayson for me. I'm honestly getting burned out on the game but CEO actually reinvigorated me. I still think BA needs nerfs lol. Whiteboi just outplayed them, super impressive performance. I hope this gives people inspiration to try out more new characters!

Xeteh

Still no cat call and no staff of Grayson for me. I'm honestly getting burned out on the game but CEO actually reinvigorated me. I still think BA needs nerfs lol. Whiteboi just outplayed them, super impressive performance. I hope this gives people inspiration to try out more new characters!

For me it is just super boring to watch most matches at tournaments. Every time someone has some interesting character that doesn't get much use they immediately swap after losing a round to BA/Aquaman/Superman. Not only is Scarecrow fun to watch but holy shit was it nice to see someone different.

delSai

I looked at tier lists for some fighting games for the first time. All my mains are at the lower part lol

Not that it matters of course. Just thought it was funny

patchday

I'm far from bored with the game however I play Casual/Ranked so that's still crazy fun for me. There's still so many combo strings to master for my favorite characters

I have sort of branched out from Wonder Woman into Batman / Harley Quinn. Batman has really become my main dude though. Easy to pull off his combos and extremely rewarding.

ForeverKing (pro player) is a Batman main so been getting a kick out of watching him at CEO. Was already following ForeverKing though since Combo Breaker.

Requiem

Are there any guides or videos on how to lab correctly? I'm interesting in learning some new characters but at the moment all I do is go to TYM and learn some combos

I have no idea how to see what is safe/unsafe, what neutrals are better than others, etc.

Any help would be awesome!!

patchday

same here bro I been going to TYM for combos and stuff. Just been learning how to handle matchups on the fly in casual/ranked. I'm not really all that good; just good at murdering noobs so cant offer any advice lol

sinkfla87

For me it is just super boring to watch most matches at tournaments. Every time someone has some interesting character that doesn't get much use they immediately swap after losing a round to BA/Aquaman/Superman. Not only is Scarecrow fun to watch but holy shit was it nice to see someone different.

Yes exactly! I have to give even Sonic Fox props for using Joker against forever King haha. Slayer's match against SF was hype for me despite them both using Black Adam for the sole reason it would determine whether or not Sonic Fox would have gone to GF. I think it was probably the best NRS Top 8 I've seen in years. I wonder what Evo is going to look like this year...

I'm a GA main and seeing GA used effectively in top 8 was wonderful, too. When is the next major? Is it Evo? Is another major instead of Evo coming up soon? I really wanna go lol.

Requiem

same here bro I been going to TYM for combos and stuff. Just been learning how to handle matchups on the fly in casual/ranked. I'm not really all that good; just good at murdering noobs so cant offer any advice lol

haha I hear you

I mean I'm not trying to go Pro or anything but I just feel like practice mode is useless after I get combo timings down

Two controllers in VS mode, you can earn 600exp every 30 seconds.

AI auto farming in multiverse with turbo controller or PC remote play,

Manually farming very easy multiverse with no jump/perfect bonuses.

Lots of easy, quick ways to get to level 20 without spending 10k source crystals.

If you have two controllers you can set matches to 300 seconds with one round to win and go in to versus then just beat up the uncontrolled character for fast wins. Takes less than an hour to get to 20... it is just very monotonous.

Okay, thanks guys.

Xevren

It's not even tournaments that are like that for me now. Any time I get a win people immediately switch to them. Shit gets so boring.

Top Bottom