• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokédex 3D announced for eShop (Free). Gotta 3D 'em all!

ryan-ts said:
It most definitely is gray, Pokemon Gray ftw.

Pokemon Gris

Neiteio said:
Where is it confirmed that the starters are among the 16? Are you assuming that because the one shot shows Snivy's evolutionary tree?

That being said, I'd be down for the starters and their evolutions.

Just assuming.

AceBandage said:
Well, there's a little movie button, so maybe there's some kind of animation.

Already happened.
Suicune--screenshot_large.jpg

Surprinsingly, the 3DS models looks to be of higher poly-count (smoother).

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I wonder what the little movie icon does?

Also, it'd kind of suck if this, cool as it is, ends up being the CoroCoro announcement. :p

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
phillax said:
Remember Pokemon toys were given with Burger King Kids Meal when the first movie came out here in the states.
Haha, yeah. They sure went all out with that stuff. I remember all my friends (myself included) fawning over that Golden Ancient Mew card-thing. I wasn't even a card!

Fernando Rocker said:
Surprinsingly, the 3DS models looks to be of higher poly-count (smoother).
This 3DS Pokedex is likely to only show a single model on screen at a time.

Linkup

use the 3DS' built-in Augmented Reality capabilities to display Pokémon in pictures taken via the 3DS Camera.

What a waste, should have had pokemon battle on our desks and tables.

Probably have to pay for that AR pokemon game.

So, since NWR is getting eShop info from official NOA sources, that means we should be getting a press release with the complete lineup and details tomorrow, right?

Linkup said:
What a waste, should have had pokemon battle on our desks and tables.

Probably have to pay for that AR pokemon game.

You can bet that we'll get a Pokemon Stadium game that has AR battles.

Trojita said:
I wasn't talking about a Magazine. TGS = Tokyo Game Show.

Which Nintendo really doesn't go to.

Ydahs

Those models look great.

A bit of texture refinement and some solid animations will replicate the feel of the sprites.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
SalsaShark said:
but that didnt really replaced anything

i was watching a lovely Suicune sprite as well
Proposal: They didn't model all these Pokemon in this much detail for a free gimmick.

AceBandage said:
You can bet that we'll get a Pokemon Stadium game that has AR battles.
It may be a bit difficult, as the 3DS camera is slow in average light conditions, and so is the processing for AR. That's the impression I got when doing AR Games.

phillax

Banned
Serenade said:
Haha, yeah. They sure went all out with that stuff. I remember all my friends (myself included) fawning over that Golden Ancient Mew card-thing. I wasn't even a card!

Ah the ancient Mew card.
Does anyone still own either the one sold in Burger King, or the given with the purchase of A ticket of Pokemon Movie 2000.

Father_Brain said:
So, since NWR is getting eShop info from official NOA sources, that means we should be getting a press release with the complete lineup and details tomorrow, right?

Seems likely we'll get a release list and prices sometime in the next day or two, yes.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I'd say Creatures Inc are making the Pokedex, going by this hit on my site just now.

62LIT.jpg

KamenSenshi

So Monday night is the day that our worlds combine and I can become a real poke trainer? I think I may be a little too pumped for the next Pokemon game after seeing this. Thoughts of AR battles and battles using the ccg cards are almost too much to take.

phillax

Banned
ColtraineGF said:
It may be a bit difficult, as the 3DS camera is slow in average light conditions, and so is the processing for AR. That's the impression I got when doing AR Games.

Well, at E3 Nintendo could announce a revision of the 3DS that could fix that.

Neiteio

Guess once this comes out I'll be obligated to thank Nintendo by taking an AR pic of Whirlipede in the real world and making that my avatar.

<3 Whirlipede. BEST. METAPOD. EVER.

Refugio

VOOK said:
I'd say Creatures Inc are making the Pokedex, going by this hit on my site just now.

makes sense. they did all the 3d models for the stadium games and genius sonority games

ColtraineGF said:
You know, I think GameFreak might just resort to using PBR/PokéPark models for whatever Pokémon they don't have time to model, sort of like how they used older sprites as an animation base in BW.
I wouldnt mind that

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Fantastical said:
Probably. That and everyone is linking to them.

I really hope in this day and age no one would be leeching off other sites any more.

BooJoh

If I had to guess, I'd say the 16 Pokemon you start with will probably be randomly selected, perhaps only from the low end of the Pokedex, that way there's enough variation from person-to-person at the start to make StreetPass swapping viable. Then future expansion would come from QR codes, and if we're lucky, future updates to add the other generations of Pokemon.

KamenSenshi

This is too good of a freebie though isn't it? Wonder if this could be Nintendo's first big "push" into trying dlc for the 3DS. $1 per 3 pack of Pokemon or something. Either way still a cool surprise title/app.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
VOOK said:
I really hope in this day and age no one would be leeching off other sites any more.
It happens, plus I just meant everyone reporting on this new is linking back to them. I bet they got huge amounts of traffic.

The Lamp

Screw your Gray. Nintendo would never name their Pokemon game "Gray". It's bad marketing. It just sounds bland.

Pokemon Chrome ftw.

Yea, I don't expect AR battles with this as it's not a full game. Pokemon Gray should have them. Pack them with a card and take on some bitch-ass elementary punks

markot

Banned
KamenSenshi said:
This is too good of a freebie though isn't it? Wonder if this could be Nintendo's first big "push" into trying dlc for the 3DS. $1 per 3 pack of Pokemon or something. Either way still a cool surprise title/app.
Dont make me vomit >_<

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Gravijah said:
i'm the guy who is paranoid of accidentally posting an image from another site that turns into a giant penis :(
At least you aren't the guy who copies the directory of an image straight from his hard drive.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
KamenSenshi said:
Not if they're just the models for the upcoming 3D Pokemon game.

At that point it's just an advertisement that incurs almost no extra costs.

phillax

Banned
KamenSenshi said:

You take that back.

Top Bottom