• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt Red's financial results and strategy

Adry9

"Well in my head we're not far away from the premiere".

Cyberpunk reveal at E3?
Don't count on it. I think CDPR said 2016 will still be a year of The Witcher.

The Witcher 3 has revised their approach to Cyberpunk 2077. They are now aiming higher, going for a more revolutionary, more complex game.
Oh boy, and here I am trying to contain my hype.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
All I want them is to officially announce Cyberpunk 2077 and give us an ingame screenshot or teaser trailer.

The announcement/trailer back in 2012 was just really to advertise for people to help them create the game. This time I mean they announce what year they aim to release it and what platforms.

Dmax3901

By "format" I think he means game type (for example, an f2p digital game like an f2p version of Gwent) versus a console platform.

I thought I heard something about unreleased platforms or something along those lines? And then said even if he knew he couldn't comment, NDAs etc.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Is this art from Cyberpunk?
At least I got my "screenshot" lol.

You do know that artwork isn't new, right? It's been out for years and on their website. check out http://cyberpunk.net/

1920x1080_TEASER_CP77.jpg

1920x1080_Art.jpg

Hmm if Blood and Wine isn't out I don't think they'll want to take the spotlight from that.
It is the final Geralt story ever right?

Isn't that probably coming out next month? Why would revealing Cypberpunk a couple of months after that impact sales of Blood and Wine?

Dmax3901

"3 months prior to a premiere"

He was using it as an example about why they're not in debt or going through the banks.

But it's June in 3 months... ;)

You do know that artwork isn't new, right? It's been out for years and on their website. check out http://cyberpunk.net/

Had never seen the second artwork before but thanks for the link.

Isn't that probably coming out next month? Why would revealing Cypberpunk a couple of months after that impact sales of Blood and Wine?

I thought Blood and Wine would be more summer time, just around E3.
If it really is next month then sure Cyberpunk could be revealed in 3 months.

Bruuh you're killing us lol

Dmax3901

Wait, what?

Someone asked a question about them going into debt to help out the buyback (I don't understand).

His answer basically said that banks don't necessarily understand the needs of game development and if they're three months out of a premiere and something goes wrong then that'd be bad etc.

Probably overthinking.

Makareu

I wish them the best. From a consumer / gamer perspective they are everything I can ask for (in the current video games industry context anyway). That's why I have begun to move from Steam to GOG when possible. It is time to put my money where my mouth is.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I don't know about you guys, but I'd for them to explore a third person action adventure genre..Get some known folks down who have worked on such games, such as esteemed combat developers, and develop a hard-hitting action game. We don't get a whole lot anymore.

tci

So glad they are doing good. And also fantastic for Cyberpunk which it seems they can really make their vision come to life. Instead of scaling down for budget reasons.

I think Cyberpunk could have potential of becoming a new franchise because of it.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hoping Cyberpunk doesn't slip beyond 2017. And that it will push whatever hardware I have that year to its limits.

No way the game will come out next year, we haven't even seen a single screenshot or trailer of how the game will look like, especially when you consider that Witcher 3 was delayed 2-3 times.

boskee

No way the game will come out next year, we haven't even seen a single screenshot or trailer of how the game will look like.

"I like the way Bethesda announced Fallout 4. We may want to try something similar with the Cyberpunk 2077." - Marcin Iwinski at E3 2015.

gwent in VR where you can sit at the table with yennefer..

hmmm count me in :D

Or a Cyberpunk equivalent of a Gwent type game. Would make more sense : VR tech more suited to a sci-fi/future experience, promoting/tie-in with upcoming release rather than an old one.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
"I like the way Bethesda announced Fallout 4. We may want to try something similar with the Cyberpunk 2077." - Marcin Iwinski at E3 2015.

That still doesn't mean we will get it next year, witcher 3 took two years to release since the first debut trailer came out and Cyberpunk 2077 is bigger in scope then the witcher where you only played a predetermined character with just one single class.

It's good to see CDP Red doing well after the immense success of Witcher 3 and that they are expanding, but I hope they don't grow to big.

Jumeira

Banned
I'm still playing TW3 and thinking to myself, how did these guys do it? The amount of detail in this open world is mind boggling, nothing I've seen from any game has achived this scale and quality. Still discovering new regions and land, im pretty close to the end too.

Looking forward to playing Heart of Stone soon. Happy to see them doing so well.

Auctopus

When is the Enhanced Edition of Witcher 3 coming?

They've said in the past that there probably won't be an "Enhanced" edition in the same spirit as the last games but I'd expect a GOTY version when Blood & Wine drops along with a hefty patch.

Vasili2K38

Deserved success, one of my favourite developers, they are not perfect but they are very passionate about making videogames, and it shows. I know its a long way, but bring Cyberpunk 2077!!

decoy11

I hope they don't turn out like Crytek and expand so fast that they collapse on themselves leaving them a shell of their former glory.

Top Bottom