• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening [3DS] coming to Europe in 2012

This deserves a new topic! NoA will probably announce it later today.

fire_emblem_awakening_europe.jpg

And the trailer they showed during the stream:

Better quality trailer here.

I am so happy. They didn't actually ditch it!!

Loved the trailer! waiting for a HQ version of it!

Finally, a reason for me to get a 3DS!! T_T

Boerseun

Banned
Awesome news! There's no way I'm missing this game. Thanks to the OP for reporting it.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but this will be Fire Emblem 11, right? With Path of Radiance being Fire Emblem 9, Radiant Dawn being Fire Emblem 10, and not counting the remakes as new entries.

Finally, a reason for me to get a 3DS!! T_T

Don't miss buying Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars when you do. It's brilliant, probably one of the best games on the platform, and I'm sure you'll like it with strategy clearly appealing to you.

This is the only thing I wanted from the conference (well, for NA specifically). Worst case scenario this game doesn't come stateside for some reason and I import it.

Nicely done, Nintendo!

Lausebub

Banned
Going to be my first Fire Emblem ever! I think that I would really like that kind of game. I hope it doesn't come out at the end of 2012, I want it pre E3!

Peff

I guess I should have worded it better. I'm talking about gameplay from all the other stuff you do in FE. The battlefield, the menus, unit management, etc.

They probably wanted to make the trailer wordless, especially if they're going to make it downloadable for the eshop worldwide.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Duel scenes look a lot slicker than the previous footage, hope the rest of it has similar improvements.

It looked kinda crude if still desirable previously, now it looks like top stuff.

They probably wanted to make the trailer wordless, especially if they're going to make it downloadable for the eshop worldwide.
Fair enough, I'm just ready to see the meat and potatoes of this bad boy. I get unnaturally hyped from anything FE related, especially when it's new.

Volimar

Two sleeping dragons -- one a sacred ally of mankind, the other its sworn destroyer. Two heroes marked with the symbols of the dragons. Their meeting heralds the dragons' awakening -- and the world's ending.

moozoom

I loved the old character design, but now I'm used to it I like the new art style, and the battles look great even in polygons. I much prefer this than the ugly 3d rendered sprites of the last DS game.

The new designs have a modern look to them, reminding me of some Persona illustrations.

Can't wait for the Pal release !

Looks like Marth is in this game. The Shield of Seals is definitely shown at the end of the trailer. This game could possibly connect with Akaneia.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
A new Operation is needed, this is more important. I'm so sad NoA didn't even mention this. :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Do you really think this isn't coming to America? There has never been a European Fire Emblem game that didn't come to the US as well. They are probably just waiting till E3. If NoA can be arsed to release Spirit Camera, I don't see why they wouldn't release this.

Top Bottom