• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

She is the only thing i need.

36554509107249k65eof9y1p.jpg

Yeah I want clayface to. The only complication may be the fact he doesn't historically have any cool aesthetic items they can use for gear/armor pieces.

There is one Batman villain with lots of different appearances that would work really well in this game. He'd fit right in.

latest

However, I think Red Hood will be the only new Batman character. They could fill in half the roster with Batman characters if they aren't careful.

MattXIII

There is one Batman villain with lots of different appearances that would work really well in this game. He'd fit right in.

However, I think Red Hood will be the only new Batman character. They could fill in half the roster with Batman characters if they aren't careful.

True true. Never enough character slots...

bunkitz

Gimme Lady Shiva, please. With a design more like Arkham Origins' version.

Also, Deathstroke. Please don't replace him with Deadshot. Differentiate them somehow. Slade is a lot more versatile than just his guns and sword of course, so they should easily be able to do that.

I'd be surprised if Red Hood didn't make it, considering Ed Boon teased the character. However, my friend's made me consider the possibility that he might just be DLC, the same way Manta likely is. I really hope that's not the case. His fighting style can be a mix of Batman's martial arts as well as Deathstroke's more lethal moves using his guns and knife (if he'll come with it, anyway).

Non-Batman character I want the most would be Black Canary. Hell, they can bring her back in the story somehow. Maybe Doc Fate brought her and her new Ollie in for help or something. She'd kick so much ass. Oh, and yeah, considering the popularity of Green Arrow thanks to the awful show, he's likely a shoe-in, right?

.la1n

I know Boon is a big Swamp Thing fan next to Martian Manhunter. Combine that with him being one of the most requested next to Blue Beetle last go around seems like odds are good he'll make the initial roster. I really want them to dig into some of the more interesting line up DC offers besides the main comic sellers.

If it's one thing I've always enjoyed DC for over Marvel is their line of darker and monster type characters.

JazzmanZ

My wants

Plastic Man
Ambush Bug
Lobo
Detective Chimp
Etrigan
Mr.Mxypltz/Bat mite
Martian Manhunter
Darkseid
Guy Gardner
Animal Man

why yes I watched a lot of Batman the Brave and the Bold.

Dr. Fate news makes me excited.

Hoping Shazam and Black Adam both make it in, either one of them could be on the chopping block. Black Adam has the Rock playing him so he could make it in before Shazam, but Shazam's movie is titled after him so...

I want to see Beast Boy in. Disappointed that Deathstroke probably replaced by Deadshot. Would like to see Manta. Grodd is ok, would rather have him than Bane, Doomsday or Grundy.

Would like to see Ares, Bane, Doomsday, Hawkgirl, Killer Frost, Raven, Scorpion, Zod, Batgirl, Lobo, Grundy cut.

Swamp Thing, Darkseid, Etrigan seem like a must. MMH should be base roster.

Yeah we need some Vertigo and supernatural characters in here.

Doom Patrol
Constantine
Dream
Swamp Thing
Deadman
Madame Xanadu
Animal Man
Lucifer and the Spectre as secret characters.

tim1138

My wants

Plastic Man
Ambush Bug
Lobo
Detective Chimp
Etrigan

Mr.Mxypltz/Bat mite
Martian Manhunter
Darkseid

Guy Gardner
Animal Man

why yes I watched a lot of Batman the Brave and the Bold.

In for the bolded. Etrigan, Animal Man, and Stargirl are biggest wants.

delSai

Twitter vote: Blue Beetle vs. Captain Cold vs. Swamp Thing

Boon likely held that poll to determine which character to reveal at Comic-Con. We can probably count on Swamp Thing making the roster.

Thanks, added it to the list. Swamp Thing seems like a good choice for a "big" character.

Hoping Shazam and Black Adam both make it in, either one of them could be on the chopping block. Black Adam has the Rock playing him so he could make it in before Shazam, but Shazam's movie is titled after him so...

From the characters that were in Injustice, Shazam and Black Adam are the two i want to return the most. I mained both of 'em and did pretty alright online. Green Lantern's the third one i want to return. Every now and then i still play the game and a while ago i picked him up, he's not bad either.

I want to see Beast Boy in.

And yeah, that too. Starfire and Beast Boy are on the top of my wishlist.

Khezu

Shazam and Black Adam could potentially be condensed into one character depending on how significant the gear stuff can be.

If they just ported all of one of their animations over, it could be a total conversion to the other.

But then you would run into situations on how the hell that would work for tournaments.
Unless they had all the presets unlocked in a tournament mode, but it would still be kinda wonky.

So I'm assuming you will see:
Captain Cold, Swamp Thing, Dr Fate, Red Hood, Black Manta, Cyborg, some other Young Justice & Teen titan ( Star fire, robin) Green Lantern ( Not hal Jordan), Black Adam, more Batman Villians ( Rhas Al Ghul, clay face, Hush, or manbat) Darkseid, and Brainiac. Dlc maybe granny good witch, death stroke, Red Tornado, Vibe. Reverse flash.

Third party dlc like tmnt,a robot terminator, Spawn,

Khezu

Grundy and Doomsday both have such a low chance of returning, which is such a shame.
I guess visually they were both kind of boring, but they had such fun play styles, I'm really going to miss them.

tim1138

Grundy and Doomsday both have such a low chance of returning, which is such a shame.
I guess visually they were both kind of boring, but they had such fun play styles, I'm really going to miss them.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Doomsday sticks around due to BvS and his appearance in the Rebirth comics.

The Light

There has to be a GL so it is probably going to be either Simon or Jessica since Hal can't be one.
Rather see black lightning than static since Jefferson just disappeared without explanation from the comic.

Tabby

I hope they limit the amount of "mindless monsters" to one.

Khezu

You know, I could actually see Hal being cut, but not because of any DC stuff.

Because his VO is that one crazy ass gamergate dude.
They may want to like avoid him like the plague, and it would be easier to just have a different GL then replace his VO.

Tabby

You know, I could actually see Hal being cut, but not because of any DC stuff.

Because his VO is that one crazy ass gamergate dude.
They may want to like avoid him like the plague, and it would be easier to just have a different GL then replace his VO.

Who? Adam Baldwin? Could they not just get Nathan Fillion?

Fordfx2

I honestly don't care who they put in it, just not a fucking Mortal Kombat character dammit! what a fucking waste of potential for someone that would've been way more fun.

If I wanted to play Scorpion, I'd go play MK!!!! Fuckin' "noob" aka Boon!

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FHades.gif

Tabby

I honestly don't care who they put in it, just not a fucking Mortal Kombat character dammit! what a fucking waste of potential for someone that would've been way more fun.

If I wanted to play Scorpion, I'd go play MK!!!! Fuckin' "noob" aka Boon!

Well apparently he says it was the most downloaded out of all the DLC characters, but yeah I agree.

That won't be a problem. They had Dick Grayson Nightwing but only Damien appeared in the story.

And there was the whole thing with Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Kitana in MKX, where they were completely different in the story to their main costumes in the regular modes.

Fordfx2

Well apparently he says it was the most downloaded out of all the DLC characters, but yeah I agree.

If that's true, they should've made it separate from the season pass. Personally I wouldn't have downloaded Scorpion bc that's why I own MKX.

I would absolutely love to see Deathstroke come back with a slightly updated move set. More sword/staff moves, that sort of thing... But with Deadshot in there I somehow doubt he'll show up again.

vg260

I just want any Green Lantern (as long as he keeps his ring slam move), Black Manta, Swamp Thing, and Dr. Fate. I think they all have a very good chance of making it.

fernoca

If that's true, they should've made it separate from the season pass. Personally I wouldn't have downloaded Scorpion bc that's why I own MKX.
Is also the reason MKX had more guests.
MK, Freddy was the top seller.
Imjustice, Scorpion was the top seller.

So the message people sent was: we want characters not related as DLC. :p

Booster Gold seems unlikely. In the footage revealed at Gamescom, we could look at some of the gears for WW, Supergirl and BB.

One of the sets for Blue Beetle had Booster's color scheme and it was named "Boosted"

bunkitz

So, so far, the confirmed characters are:

• Superman
• Batman
• Wonder Woman
• The Flash
• Aquaman
• Supergirl
• Atrocitus
• Gorilla Grodd
• Blue Beetle
• Harley Quinn
• Deadshot

Captain Cold and Doctor Fate are also pretty much confirmed from those, err, "blueprints?" Ah, I guess "wireframes" would be more appropriate. Then there were the other characters mentioned in polls.

• Joker
• Red Hood
• Constantine
• Starfire
• Black Manta
• Swamp Thing

Hopefully, all those mentioned in the polls would end up in the game. It's highly unlikely that Joker won't make it.

DC's supposed recent-ish push for Red Hood could cement his slot in the game too, although they'd have to make sure he plays very differently from Deadshot or Deathstroke (if he makes it, and I really hope he does) since all three use firearms and blades in addition to their hand-to-hand combat.

Constantine could replace Zatanna, I guess...? Although, from what little I know of the character, their magics are very different, so maybe not. The more spellcasters and other types of characters, the better. It would be great to have them both, as I love Zatanna and I really liked Constantine from the show. And it would be just amazing if we could have Matt Ryan's version, and voiced by him too. I wonder how they would do his armor pieces, though.

Starfire would be pretty cool, what with her Star Bolts and all that. Although, NRS's design for Raven wasn't exactly good, so they might end up butchering Kori too...

I'm desperate for Black Manta to make it into the roster. He's fucking badass and we need more arch-nemeses in the game. Aquaman doesn't have his yet, and again, Black Manta's just fucking badass, so he should be in the game. Keep his default the same as his look in the stage transition and I'll be one very happy customer.

Swamp Thing would probably be the coolest among all these potential characters because of his powers. He'd also be a larger character, so that would make him even more unique and unlike the other characters. I really hope he makes it into the game, to add more to the mystic side of things.

I'd be crushed if Martian Manhunter didn't make it into the game. He's one of my favourite DC characters and he's incredibly powerful and versatile, so it would be a huge waste to not include him. He's dead in the story, but they added him in the game anyway, so there shouldn't be any problems. They ought to simply have characters that aren't participating in the story. Or, they could do flashbacks. Grab another Earth's version, maybe. Plastic Man would be really cool too because of all the shapes he could make. He'd be a fun character for sure. What makes me really want him is the Annual issue he was in. It's easily one of my favourite stories in the entire comic, and it had great art too, so I'd love to see them move forward with Pat. I'd like to think that since he was in the comics, he has a decent chance of making it into the game.

Ryce

Aquaman's the only main Justice Leaguer without a villain, so at the very least Black Manta better make it as DLC.

Ryce

He's in the Atlantis stage transition though, it'd be a bit weird to have Manta fight Manta.
The stage transition model could be replaced with Ocean Master in a patch or something, or maybe they could just change his costume. Doomsday still appeared in the background of Injustice 1's Fortress of Solitude if you played as him.

Johndoey

Banned
In my dream world instead of Deadshot we got Grifter. And maybe worked Tao in somehow.

Or if they bring back Batgirl using Cassandra Cain would be cool.

Ryce

Fun fact: This doesn't mean anything, but 3 of the 5 revealed newcomers (all of the new villains!) have models in the first Injustice.

Atrocitus - He's fighting Kilowog in the background of Metropolis, and he also appears in one of the S.T.A.R. Labs missions.

Deadshot - He's in the background of Stryker's Island, exchanging fire with the prison guards.

Gorilla Grodd - He's an interactable background object in Stryker's Island.

Among the other cameo characters, I'd say Darkseid has the best chance at being playable.

Top Bottom