• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 leaking white stuff as well? (Pics inside)

MRORANGE

From the RUMOUR: Xbox One leaking liquid? thread

wtf! (not my console)

ly27A51.png

and a gaffer as well:

My console(PS4) has that white stuff on back in vents and I have yet to take to the cover off. I thought it was from running my humidifier with vicks vapor rub(which I run 8-10 hours at night time 7 days aweek) but now that I see that somebody else has it so Im not sure about that.

You may have to zoom in since I took a quick pic but up close it looks like dry liquid and thats why I assumed it was the humidifer.

88BFE4E8-4DFC-415F-B4F5-684CCC4EEA0F_zpsssanxyux.jpg

Cover off
F8695FD3-1C35-4981-9FED-BFBBC55954F0_zpsrejoadom.jpg

And me wiping it off which in fact comes over very easy and seems powder like. Has no smell also to it lol.
55536A67-1115-43FF-929C-D89F4B2C7FD8_zpsf9gicmlm.jpg

Edit: The white stuff was also not there on the day that I received it from Amazon on launch day. Noticed it about a week ago but as I said above thought it was the Vicks Rub in the humdifier and just moved it to another room. I'v wiped it down now and will see what happens in another month or so.

PSGames

I doubt this gets the same amount of attention but this should be interesting to figure out what exactly this stuff is?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
does either system have liquid cooling?

i have to think it's the humidifier. theres nothing going on inside the system that could produce liquid.

BY2K

Membero Americo
We need to ask these guys where they put their PS4s and Xbox Ones... This shouldn't be happening.

legacyzero

Banned
does either system have liquid cooling?

i have to think it's the humidifier. theres nothing going on inside the system that could produce liquid.

This. If it's a "COOL MIST" humidifer, that shit will leave a white, powdery residue all over the fucking place. I one running in my daughters room for a while. Everything had a chalky white substance all over it.

Padinn

That is most likely from hard water in the humidifier. Used to have this happen all the time in my old home - took forever to figure it out. Try adding a small amount of distilled vinegar to the humidified and see if it helps (not responsible if your humidifier explodes :))

THIS IS A RESIDUE FROM A LINE WASHING MACHINE ? SOMEBODY CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG BUT PRETTY SURE THEY CLEAN, WASH PARTS AFTER MANUFACTURING/ MOLDING ?

Two things that I get out of this story (and the other):

1.) There are liquids in consoles? (Capacitors or whatever else.)

2.) People put Vic's in humidifiers?

Both are brain twisters.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
THIS IS A RESIDUE FROM A LINE WASHING MACHINE ? SOMEBODY CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG BUT PRETTY SURE THEY CLEAN, WASH PARTS AFTER MANUFACTURING/ MOLDING ?

Why are we yelling? Are you in that manufacturing facility right now?

Nibel

There seems to be some kind of shit going on in the tech industry - maybe it has to do with the manufacturing?

Who puts vicks Vaporub on their air humidifier?

Dafuq.

I used it when my kids were babies and would get a cold or congested or something. It has to be one of those hot humidifiers though, can't be a cool mist one.

Regarding the humidifier, does the OP have hard water?

Top Bottom