• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full PS4 specs, console and controller [Blu-ray drive confirmed]

Elios83

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130221a_e.pdf

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130221b_e.pdf

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130221c_e.pdf

console.png

controller.png

Single chip custom processor
8 Jaguar cores x86 CPU
1.84 Teraflops GPU (18CU)
The GPU contains a unified array of 18 compute units, which collectively generate 1.84 Teraflops of processing power that can freely be applied to graphics, simulation tasks, or some mixture of the two.
8GB GDDR5 176GB/s unified

Immediate Gameplay
PS4 radically reduces the lag time between players and their content. PS4 features “suspend mode” which keeps the system in a low power state while preserving the game session. The time it takes today to boot a console and load a saved game will be a thing of the past. With PS4, gamers just hit the power button again and are promptly back playing the game at the exact point where they left off. Additionally, users can boot a variety of applications including a web browser when playing a game on PS4.
PS4 also enables games to be downloaded or updated in the background, or even in stand-by mode. The system takes it one step further by making digital titles playable as they are being downloaded. When a player purchases a game, PS4 downloads just a fraction of the data so gamers can start playing immediately, and the rest is downloaded in the background during actual gameplay.

DUALSHOCK®4 features a light bar on the top with three color LEDs that illuminate in various colors. The light bar illuminates to match the color of characters in a game to offer a simpler, more friendly way to identify players, even when playing side by side. The light bar also changes patterns during gameplay to provide useful information to gamers, such as when a character is critically low on health or has taken major damage.

Combined with the Mono Headset that will be bundled with PS4, gamers will also be able to chat with friends playing online, while hearing sound effects from the controller in hand.

8493790598_2828114625_h.jpg

8492689737_24e99d4c82_h.jpg

8492689591_27c4f81fd3_h.jpg

8493790392_db910ac4cc_h.jpg

8493790426_7aa90d4e13_h.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Some key info I found interesting:

Left/Right analog sticks improved as well as triggers

Face Recognition login

Recharge controller in stand by mode

Light bar gives information like health indicator warning

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
The camera has a nice big field of view. Up to 240fps at the lowest res, 60fps @ 1280x800.

Headset in the box too, it says.

Barakov

Some key info I found interesting:

Left/Right analog sticks improved as well as triggers

Face Recognition login

Control DS4 on stand by node

Light bar gives information like health indicator warning

Hopefully, the the sticks are tighter than they were on the dualshock 3

Necron

Very interesting. I'm glad that they continued with numbering their consoles.

It's a shame they didn't show the console... then again, it's probably not finalized yet.

Something to look forward to at E3.

so it's not only 4 cus for compute but all of them can be used for graphics and physics and stuff, pretty cool.

The GPU contains a unified array of 18 compute units, which collectively generate 1.84 Teraflops of processing power that can freely be applied to graphics, simulation tasks, or some mixture of the two.

oh headset included?

Combined with the Mono Headset that will be bundled with PS4, gamers will also be able to chat with friends playing online, while hearing sound effects from the controller in hand.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
You can add this in the OP.

Main Processor
Single-chip custom processor
CPU : x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores
GPU : 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeon™ based
graphics engine

Memory
GDDR5 8GB

Hard Disk Drive
Built-in

Optical Drive
(read only)
BD 6xCAV
DVD 8xCAV
I/O
Super-Speed USB (USB 3.0) 、AUX

Communication
Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth® 2.1 (EDR)

AV output
HDMI
Analog-AV out
Digital Output (optical)
*Specifications are subject to change without notice.

So we know the specs, any super tech-heads going to start crunching numbers to give an estimate? I can't imagine 8GB of GGDR5 coming cheap...

Tagg9

In addition, DUALSHOCK®4 will come with a built-in speaker and stereo headset jack, enabling PS4 users to enjoy high-fidelity sound effects of games from both the TV and also from the controller. Combined with the Mono Headset that will be bundled with PS4, gamers will also be able to chat with friends playing online, while hearing sound effects from the controller in hand.

ironcreed

Banned
It's going to be a beast of a console. Don't see how anyone interested in games could be let down. It's just February they showed a lot for just a reveal. The stage for the rest of the year is set.

Durante

Good on Sony for including optical, gigabit ethernet and USB3. I love me some ports.

Does it have some new component which makes the remote play better, like Nintendo Wii U does?
They did mention dedicated encoding hardware during the presentation.

Top Bottom