• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Hope Left (?)

fernoca

January 19: Confirmed!; it is Resident Evil 6!
Nohopeleft.com updated with links to the trailer in multiple languages.
Now you need to put your date of birth to verify your age, before entering. (there's a message saying "What the hell is going on" too.)

GjnO2.png

Original post: (January 17)
Searched around, couldn't find anything.

There's talk online about this viral website, having possible ties to Resident Evil (6?).

It points to a January 19, 2012 date.
There's an event on the 20th in Japan regarding the anniversary of the series and the teaser of the upcoming 5th movie (Retribution) will be revealed between the 18th and 19th online and will be with Underworld Awakening (in 3D) on the 20th.

So, sorry if this has been discussed....anyone knows something else? Some thread already discussing/dissecting/solving this?

EDIT:
There's a video of a woman speaking in mandarin like sending a video message about how things will be alright if they stay inside... and some of the rumors pointed to RE6 been on China too.

Updates/Summary:
January 17:

January 18:

January 19:

At the moment, is still unknown if it is about a new game, movie, application, related to Resident Evil..or something completely different.

iykid.png

fernoca

Noticed also that the first few pics are apparently from China, then the pic/update of today made mention of the "biohazard logo", followed by pics of Johannesburg.

Guess we'll see. Seems kinda similar to the rumors/leak based on Wendy Mok's stating that she plays a "Chinese villager/zombie" in the game; on her resume.

Jintor

Can we find out the owner of the domain !?

Domain ID:
Domain Name: nohopeleft.com
Created On: 10-Nov-2011 00:00:00
Expiration Date: 10-Nov-2013 00:00:00
Sponsoring Registrar: WEBFUSION LTD. (WEBFUSION LTD.)
Status: client_delete_prohibited,client_transfer_prohibited,client_update_prohibited
Name Server: ns.123-reg.co.uk
Name Server: ns2.123-reg.co.uk
Registrant ID: Unknown
Registrant Name: Unknown
Registrant Organization: Unknown
Registrant Street1: Unknown
Registrant Street2: Unknown
Registrant Street3: Unknown
Registrant City: Unknown
Registrant State/Province: Unknown
Registrant Postal Code: Unknown
Registrant Country: Unknown
Registrant Phone: Unknown
Registrant Fax: Unknown
Registrant Email: Unknown
Admin ID: Unknown
Admin Name: Unknown
Admin Organization: Unknown
Admin Street1: Unknown
Admin Street2: Unknown
Admin Street3: Unknown
Admin City: Unknown
Admin State: Unknown
Admin Postal Code: Unknown
Admin Country: Unknown
Admin Phone: Unknown
Admin Fax: Unknown
Admin Email: Unknown

Well that's the extent of my detective skills

Really excited about the potential unveil even though I have yet to really play RE5. Having the villagers all speak in Mandarin would be a great change of atmosphere in a game for me.

I got this from the godaddy whois web site:
Domain Name: NOHOPELEFT.COM
Created Date: 10-Nov-2011
Expiry Date: 10-Nov-2013
Nameserver: ns.123-reg.co.uk
Nameserver: ns2.123-reg.co.uk
Registrant Name: Identity Protection Service
Registrant Company: Identity Protect Limited
Registrant Address: PO Box 795
Registrant Address:
Registrant Address:
Registrant Address: Godalming
Registrant Address: Surrey
Registrant Address: GU7 9GA
Registrant Address: United Kingdom
Technical Name: Identity Protection Service
Technical Company: Identity Protect Limited
Technical Address: PO Box 795
Technical Address:
Technical Address:
Technical Address: Godalming
Technical Address: Surrey
Technical Address: GU7 9GA
Technical Address: United Kingdom
Technical Email: nohopeleft.com@identity-protect.org
Technical Tel: +44.1483307527
Technical Fax: +44.1483304031
Administrative Name: Identity Protection Service
Administrative Company: Identity Protect Limited
Administrative Address: PO Box 795
Administrative Address:
Administrative Address:
Administrative Address: Godalming
Administrative Address: Surrey
Administrative Address: GU7 9GA
Administrative Address: United Kingdom
Administrative Email: nohopeleft.com@identity-protect.org
Administrative Tel: +44.1483307527
Administrative Fax: +44.1483304031

fernoca

I got this from the godaddy whois web site:
Domain Name: NOHOPELEFT.COM
Created Date: 10-Nov-2011
Expiry Date: 10-Nov-2013
Nameserver: ns.123-reg.co.uk
Nameserver: ns2.123-reg.co.uk
Registrant Address:
Registrant Address:
Technical Address:
Technical Address:
Technical Email: nohopeleft.com@identity-protect.org
Administrative Address:
Administrative Address:
Administrative Email: nohopeleft.com@identity-protect.org
Administrative Fax: +44.1483304031

Interesting..
The 'Operation Raccoon City' viral site (insertedevil.com); has the same/similar info:

Domain Name: INSERTEDEVIL.COM
Created Date: 16-Jun-2011
Expiry Date: 16-Jun-2012
Nameserver: ns0.flipsidedata.net
Nameserver: ns3.flipsidedata.net
Registrant Address:
Registrant Address:
Technical Address:
Technical Address:
Technical Email: insertedevil.com@identity-protect.org
Administrative Address:
Administrative Address:
Administrative Email: insertedevil.com@identity-protect.org
Administrative Fax: +44.1483304031​

Both also appear as "Sponsoring Registrar: WEBFUSION LTD. (WEBFUSION LTD.)", like Jintor posted.

No "expert" so not sure if it's just generic/random info. :p

No hope left-- every game reveal from here until the crash of the industry will be proceeded by a viral campaign that will lead up to an announcement of an announcement coupled with a 10 second cutscene trailer.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Who lets people spraypaint this crap (if not shopped) around their town? :/

Also I extremely hope it isn't a Bio6 after Bio5 left a horrible terrible taste in my mouth
even though I platinumed and 1000'd GS'd it three times each
with what they did with the established villain of the series. I don't want anymore if that's what they're going to continue to do.

Teknoman

On an unrelated note, anyone else catch that CNN ticker news about a woman in california biting two kids in a library all of a sudden?

Who lets people spraypaint this crap (if not shopped) around their town? :/

Also I extremely hope it isn't a Bio6 after Bio5 left a horrible terrible taste in my mouth
even though I platinumed and 1000'd GS'd it three times each
with what they did with the established villain of the series. I don't want anymore if that's what they're going to continue to do.

Resident Evil 6 is going to happen at some point, so might as well end the generation with it. Besides Revelations is getting good ratings/better than 5 impressions all over, so it might not be that bad. Besides, they had to move away from Wesker at some point right?

EDIT: Surprised Miamiwesker and CVXfreak havent posted yet.

fernoca

On an unrelated note, anyone else catch that CNN ticker news about a woman in california biting two kids in a library all of a sudden?
Yeah, tough it apparently turned out that it wasn't a bite, but she just "pinched" them and the investigation agreed that the marks didn't' matched with bite marks. She was arrested anyway because she fled the scene and one of the kids was bleeding.

Teknoman said:
Resident Evil 6 is going to happen at some point, so might as well end the generation with it. Besides Revelations is getting good ratings/better than 5 impressions all over, so it might not be that bad. Besides, they had to move away from Wesker at some point right?
Though keeping in mind that is the rumors a true:
-The direction will be quite different to RE5 (but no word on how different)
-The game is not developed by Capcom, but by a "western developer"

Guess we'll know for sure, by Thursday/Friday; since 14PST of the 19th is 6-7AM in Japan of the 20th. The "15th anniversary thing" is on the 20th, but apparently not until 7PM.

Teknoman

Yeah, tough it apparently turned out that it wasn't a bite, but she just "pinched" them and the investigation agreed that the marks didn't' matched with bite marks. She was arrested anyway because she fled the scene and one of the kids was bleeding.

Though keeping in mind that is the rumors a true:
-The direction will be quite different to RE5 (but no word on how different)
-The game is not developed by Capcom, but by a "western developer"

Better than surprise zombies I guess :p

Either way, i'd be fine with a direction different than RE5 as long as there isnt any forced co-op style scenario (option co-op local/online would be great though). A western developer make me pessimistic on the game's outcome though. Its already happened to Silent Hill...dont need it to happen here. Dead Rising 2 might have been a fluke (and even thats still up for debate).

Vamphuntr

Those graffitis don't seem to be photoshopped on pictures at all.

Excited for RE6 if this is what's it's going to be about.

fernoca

Better than surprise zombies I guess :p

Either way, i'd be fine with a direction different than RE5 as long as there isnt any forced co-op style scenario (option co-op local/online would be great though). A western developer make me pessimistic on the game's outcome though. Its already happened to Silent Hill...dont need it to happen here. Dead Rising 2 might have been a fluke (and even thats still up for debate).

Haha.. :p
But yeah. In any case, as long as it's good and if the changes are for the best, then bring it. :p

Do hope that is not just RE5 with another setting. As much as I loved and played RE5, all this years waiting for just the same but in China would be just..disappointing.

Vomiaouaf

Isn't that just another viral campaign for Raccoon City? Same style than their Inserted Evil blog: purposely crappy production values and "testimonial videos". Just seems like the continuation of the same thing.

Isn't that just another viral campaign for Raccoon City? Same style than their Inserted Evil blog: purposely crappy production values and "testimonial videos". Just seems like the continuation of the same thing.

would suck if all this is for a ORC demo releasing this week :(

fernoca

They apparently stopped doing viral websites for Operation Raccoon City some months ago, right around the same time they announced the delay from 2011 to 2012.
This one was recently spotted and has a relative focus on China and Europe; instead of the more Raccoon City/Umbrella centric viral sites of ORC.

But guess well know for sure in a few days..or maybe sooner.
Though yeah, would be funny if it was just or ORC. Then again, for Revelations a few viral stuff was also made, but less stalked about (like the recent video of the creature found in a beach).

So it seems that Capcom likes using viral stuff for RE.
Kinda similar to the Regenerate commercial for the second movie; which ended been one of the most downloaded trailers of that year. They did something similar for the third one, didn't for the 4th one..but the 5th one's teaser will apparently have one too (rumors point to:
a cellphone commercial and people talking about the world united and peace, etc.
)

Coxy

the tags on the videos are a bit weird, maybe they're just going for maximum exposure or something but still

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I actually saw that site linked by JohnTV yesterday, and didn't know what to think of it. I figured it was viral to some capacity, but the whole thing creeped me the fuck out.

fernoca

I actually saw that site linked by JohnTV yesterday, and didn't know what to think of it. I figured it was viral to some capacity, but the whole thing creeped me the fuck out.
Yep.
In the end, wouldn't surprise me if it ends been just for some random movie and not related to RE at all. But still interesting. :p

Fredrik

This is sick, I don't like this at all, I saw Buried just recently, and this one goes under my skin, looks real, way too disturbing for my taste :(

Top Bottom