• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Blockbuster UK lists 25 (speculative?) Wii U games in database

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I figured some people would want to speculate over this.

I suspect at least the Ubisoft data is quite accurate.

There are photos of monitors through the links.

VG247 said:
Go Nintendo received a couple of off-screen images of the alleged database from a tipster, showing 25 Wii U games as well as two hardware entries.

The games shown are:

Aliens: Colonial Marines
Assassin’s Creed
Batman: Arkham City
Darksiders II
Dirt 3
Formula 1 All Stars
Game Party
Ghost Recon Online
Just Dance 4
Killer Freaks from Outer Space
Marvel Super Heroes
Metro: Last Light
Monsters Party
New Super Mario Brothers Mii
Ninja Gaiden 3
Pikmin
Rabbids Party Land
Raving Rabbids
Rayman Legends
Shield Pose
Splinter Cell 6
Sports Connection
Tekken
Your Shape 2013
Zombie

The list may be entirely speculative as retailers are not always privy to release information.

Nintendo has promised to detail the Wii U at E3 2012, although launch details will be announced at a later date.
Source: http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/07/rumour-blockbuster-uk-lists-25-wii-u-games/

Update:

I was a Blockbuster store manager until a month ago. ALL of the Wii U games on the system are ENTIRELY speculated by the sales team, and are there purely as placeholders.

I even advised the games team on a few of those, including Killer Freaks when I was in Uxbridge with my DM and regional manager.

End of thread?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Though banned, Go Nintendo should be appropriately credited as the original source. EDIT: Oh, I see it has been.

And as I said in the Wii U thread, the list is composed of games I wouldn't get for the Wii U, so nuts to that.

Xav

Not very exciting to say the least, hopefully Nintendo have more than this to show off at E3.

Game-Biz

Nice. But no RE6 makes me a sad Panda.

sad-panda-podiatrist_medium.jpg

Kard8p3

I thought this was proven fake. Someone posted a link from last year that had one of the blockbuster pics being used for this rumor.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Retailer gets list from Wikipedia for Wii U games to drum up preorder support. This has never happened before.

Quite possibly, but before I lock a thread I actually need some kind of evidence showing here or it still stands as a rumor.

lol, it's from a banned site. Shouldn't the evidence be on you to show us why the banned site's info is worth posting?

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing surprising. If someone was faking this, why not list something possible, but still surprising like GTAV?

Reave

If that's true, which I'm assuming it isn't, it looks like the Wii U is going to be more of a 'Wii Can Too' system in the early goings. Meh.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
lol, it's from a banned site. Shouldn't the evidence be on you to show us why the banned site's info is worth posting?
I'm well aware of where it's from, which is why I went through the link and looked at photos first, which I feel brings it far enough along to postable rumor.

We even have PSLS banned, but they did have a legit trailer for Trico.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
If that's true, which I'm assuming it isn't, it looks like the Wii U is going to be more of a 'Wii Can Too' system in the early goings. Meh.

Are you expecting a lot of 3rd party hardcore exclusives? Do those still exist? While this list includes NSMB and Pikmin, I can guarantee you Nintendo will have more than that at launch "window".

LQX

If that's it I don't think it is enough for me to buy a Wii U day one. No real stand out exclusives.

Linkhero1

If that's it I don't think it is enough for me to buy a Wii U day one. No real stand out exclusives.

As I've stated in my previous post, the list is probably made up of placeholders by blockbuster. I'm pretty sure we'll get launch details at E3 aside from pricing.

Jafku

Hope it's not true. Most of those I"ve already played, and I can't justify getting a Wii U just for Pikmin

salpa

Banned
One of those demo minigames they showed off at E3. Not quite sure why it would be listed if this is legit.

This being legitimate =/= this being accurate.

A lot of these titles could be pure speculation on Blockbuster's part, as has been mentioned maybe 5 times earlier.

BurntPork

Banned
FYI, Ubisoft said that they have six games in development for Wii U, and I think that I saw eight Ubisoft titles on that list. Also, no way is Nintendo crazy enough to release Shield Pose and a standalone retail title.

Instro

This being legitimate =/= this being accurate.

A lot of these titles could be pure speculation on Blockbuster's part, as has been mentioned maybe 5 times earlier.

I understand that, but I personally think it is simply a fake. Even if it is instead speculation as you mentioned, then it is just as useless as a fake anyway.

kunonabi

Aliens: Colonial Marines - if Upad does indeed attach to the new zapper and works as a motion tracker I'll get it day one

Batman: Arkham City - Pick up if all DLC is included and detective mode is on the controller

Ghost Recon Online - maybe

Killer Freaks from Outer Space - maybe

Marvel Super Heroes - depends on what it is

New Super Mario Brothers Mii - day one

Splinter Cell 6 - maybe

Tekken - TTT2 or no sale

Not a great lineup but I could probably live with it if it turned out to be true.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
One of those demo minigames they showed off at E3. Not quite sure why it would be listed if this is legit.

For a long while many Vita digital $5-10 games were listed as full $40 retail games in store databases. So it's not completely out of left field.

Top Bottom