• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan rumors: HUGE Final Fantasy XV spoilers (plot, gameplay) + dev talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formless

I wouldn't be surprised if this or some of it was true. This game has been in such development hell, and they're not showing things for a reason

Some Nobody

Didn't Verendus admit that he sometimes post bullshit so that SE and/or his employer doesn't identify him?

Other way around. I distinctly remember (though he edited it away) him posting something to the effect of "not like they can do anything to me anyway".

Reading that + all the stuff he's leaked that's come true has led me to a handful of conclusions:

- he's not an insider at all and has just been incredibly, stupidly lucky so far (up to and including him predicting a "Marvel action/adventure IP" last year)
- he's a time-traveller
- he's so high up in the company being "caught" is irrelevant

More than most of his leaks I'd like for FF16 to be in the works, though. I'm not trying to wait until 2021 for that.

I highly doubt any of this is true. Square churned out the broken piece of software that was XIV 1.0; I can't honestly believe that they'd be stupid enough to release another unfinished product in the scale of what XV is looking to be, especially after how much that cost them (despite making it all back with 2.0 and beyond). I'd rather they delay it again if it's this much of a clustefuck. I've waited 10 years already playing other games so waiting a bit more is nothing to me.

For the $300 I dropped on this game, it better be worth it in some capacity.

Balls

Banned
I think the dude just got early access to all the E3 content and made up the story based around the e3 trailer and chapter 1 stuff. He didn't even mention those 3 figures seen on the NA boxart and they seem pretty important. They were also in the Dawn trailer.

rDnhUFi.png

z1ggy

All of this would explain why Tabata said (IIRC) that the PC version would come later to focus on it (if it's coming, i´m pretty sure it´s anyways)

IMO the story stuff sounds fine.
I'd rather have a simple but well told story than an over-plotted mess.

As for the tech concerns...man I hope this stuff isn't true.

wmlk

All of this would explain why Tabata said (IIRC) that the PC version would come later to focus on it (if it's coming, i´m pretty sure it´s anyways)

Let me paraphrase that part:

"It's fully playable on PC, but it's a mess on PS4 so they started redesigning and rewriting everything."

lmao. That's actually what it says.

Like where does that connection even begin? If you're gonna fanfic, please do it well.

But people on here have said to have faith that SE will do FF7 right, lol. SE has been fumbling Final Fantasy since XIII, I see no reason to ever think that they won't fuck it up. I hope XV I'd actually good, but I've thought it's looked iffy for a while. The platinum demo only enhanced my worries.

z1ggy

Let me paraphrase that part:

"It's fully playable on PC, but it's a mess on PS4 so they started redesigning and rewriting everything."

lmao. That's actually what it says.

It runs like crap on consoles even with the downgrade. But it got me thinking how the fuck God of War and Horizon look amazing (maybe Neo bullshit?) and this game is a mess.

But people on here have said to have faith that SE will do FF7 right, lol. SE has been fumbling Final Fantasy since XIII, I see no reason to ever think that they won't fuck it up. I hope XV I'd actually good, but I've thought it's looked iffy for a while. The platinum demo only enhanced my worries.
CC gives me hope. They know how to deliver quality on a schedule, and are working with an engine a few steps above "dumpster fire" :p

XIII-2 and XIV:ARR are great. Lightning Returns is interesting gameplay wise. They are definitely on a upward spiral, the question is if the development history of this game is too much to salvage. I think it looks good though.

wmlk

It runs like crap on consoles even with the downgrade. But it got me thinking how the fuck God of War and Horizon look amazing (maybe Neo bullshit?) and this game is a mess.

Just read over that bullet point and try to make sense of it. It doesn't make any sense.

Downgrade that shit if it doesn't run. That's typically how it works and they've done it. What was so strange about the writing that it taxed the console versions that much that things needed to be rewritten? When has that ever happened?

Just read over that bullet point and try to make sense of it. It doesn't make any sense.

Downgrade that shit if it doesn't run. That's typically how it works and they've done it. What was so strange about the writing that it taxed the console versions that much that things needed to be rewritten? When has that ever happened?
It's not unheard of. Like in Uncharted 4:

Games are a very iterative process, and the same thing can be said for pretty much every game that comes out. There was a huge set piece in Uncharted 4 that I was massively in love with, that had to get cut. Because it was either the game shipped broken and that scene is in there, or we put out a better game and that scene isn't there.

Could just be that S-E was more stubborn and is paying for it now.

Jimrpg

With SE botching FFXIII during the whole development process can't say I'm surprised if all this is true about FFXV.

SE never made a successful jump to being an HD games company. But then again very few Japanese game developers have... Maybe From Software is the most successful this generation.

I think the dude just got early access to all the E3 content and made up the story based around the e3 trailer and chapter 1 stuff. He didn't even mention those 3 figures seen on the NA boxart and they seem pretty important. They were also in the Dawn trailer.

Good catch. Probably fake then. Haven't read them myself anyway.

TrueOutlook

Neo Member
I think Tabata just touched on this directly in the E3 Final Fantasy XV live event, in the beginning he said something along the lines of "The console versions are running well, if you want to see how they run please test the demo booths as they are running directly on the PS4 and Xbox One"

So unless they spent months and months and months on the E3 demo as well, its fake.

Ray Down

Banned
I think Tabata just touched on this directly in the E3 Final Fantasy XV live event, in the beginning he said something along the lines of "The console versions are running well, if you want to see how they run please test the demo booths as they are running directly on the PS4 and Xbox One"

So unless they spent months and months and months on the E3 demo as well, its fake.

That comment have may have been said since he said the demo he's showing is running on PC.

He doesn't say how they are running. You just added that part.
All he says is basically to see for yourself at a booth.

benzy

Dark from Digital Foundry played the Xbone version & saw people play the PS4 version and said it looked really smooth. Was a drastic step up in performance compared to the demos we got.

Just a tad on Xbox One. The resolution was still very low, as expected, but the part of the demo I played was running very consistently at 30fps with no frame-pacing issues. Definitely a big step up from the demos we've received for download in terms of performance.

The section I played was on the way to the Titan as I only had a short time.

I did watch some of the PS4 version being played and it looked quite smooth as well.

I'm starting to feel confident that the performance will be taken care of by launch.

anaron

the company has been spinning its wheels since Sakaguchi's leaving. They rode off his great decisions and then suffered through Yoichi Wada milking/destroying the brand long enough to get us here where there's no telling what will happen.

benzy

Numerous impressions in this thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233627

Sounds like there are some technical issues still, but nowhere near as bad as the 4chan rumors make it out to be.
Can we close this trainwreck of a thread now, please?

The impressions there with technical issues where they played through the first chapter story is actually from the PC build too. The leaker makes no mention of PC build having problems

This can't be true... After all the years they spent hyping this game up only to come out a mess would ruin FF's reputation completely. No way SE would make the same mistake twice and churn out a turd.

Aters

Dark from Digital Foundry played the Xbone version & saw people play the PS4 version and said it looked really smooth. Was a drastic step up in performance compared to the demos we got.

Interesting. Easy Allies said the demo runs terribly. I don't know who to believe. Maybe the indoor demo is not as polished as the one in the booth? If they can polish one part of the game, I think they can do it for all parts of the game, even if it means a gigantic first day patch.

artsi

Interesting. Easy Allies said the demo runs terribly. I don't know who to believe. Maybe the indoor demo is not as polished as the one in the booth? If they can polish one part of the game, I think they can do it for all parts of the game, even if it means a gigantic first day patch.

Hmm personally I would believe DF regarding performance stuff in most cases. But it's possible they played different parts where the other wasn't as optimized yet.

sappyday

Did they say that for the E3 demo? I thought it was just for the demo they got to play the first two chapters for.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It was really rough... having played the demo yesterday myself.

KupoNut

They really should just have that first chapter up for people to play, instead of the Titan demo which is either way you look at it a chaotic wait-and-hold-out pseudo boss fight which doesn't even give a good look at what the gameplay is like.

I don't understand how they allow for something like this to happen.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
To think that if it released one day latter... It may have been required to use Neo's mode :")
Even though I wouldn't be worried. They have 3 months left of optimisations.
The demo seemed smoother but the image quality is really bad for a Final Fantasy game...

Ludens

Banned
I don't know. Months ago I posted the fact I wanted this game to be good, but for a lot of reasons it seemed like a mess. Now this leak emerges, it could be fake, of course, but considering the game was in development hell for 10 years, I can see how the whole thing could be sadly true.
Also there was one leak about the PC port, the movie etc, all the points of that leak were revealed to be true except the PC port one, but now this leak basically claims the full game was playable only on a high-end PC...dunno, we'll see.

As I wrote multiple times, I'm interested in the game, I tried both demo but still there's something which doesn't click, something missing.

Angel_DvA

The demo seemed smoother but the image quality is really bad for a Final Fantasy game...

it's not really a surprise though, everything they have shown so far was pretty rough, I'll take it on PC if it's good but from what I've played, I don't think it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom