• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Too bad we can't just have this as the thread title.

nCtxs.gif

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Quality Pinkie fan-art causes more diabeetus outbreaks annually than 2 For 1 Red Bull sales, Mega Pixie Stix, and Wilfred-Brimley-O's combined.

CHEEZMO™;35456247 said:
This is reminding me of a particular fic I read once.

Go on...

(although part of me MAY know what you are talking about)

EDIT: As for the video...I..still have the original airing..I won't freak out just yet. We shall see.

blamite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2CRjPO73Dg

Alright, that's it.

My Little Pony is over.

We had some good times.

Later guys, maybe we'll meet again someday.

321362382768069762.gif

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Giving in to the complaining minority only validates their complaints. I mean, if calling her Derpy had been a legal issue and they just cut out her name I would have understood why they did it, but changing her voice is just too much. Not to mention how badly recorded Dash's new lines sound. There was never any reason to change anything, and this proves why.

EDIT: Beaten
Not sure if this is official and Hasbro/DHX's work or a quick digital edit by iTunes staff. A shame they had to do this, but I honestly don't mind the "new" Derpy voice sounds a lot like the popular fanon voice, especially since Tabitha voiced Derpy thinking she was male, a changed voice makes sense.

blamite

Now MLP fans have a Canon versus "Canon" argument on the level of Greedo/Han shot first.

WE MADE IT GUYS!
You know what, as long as Deroy doesn't talk or have her name mentioned any more down the line, I don't even care about this new version, we can all just pretend it never happened and be happier for it.

brian577

Banned
WHAT THE FUCK! I redownloaded it and now I have thing THING talking. Rainbow Dash doesn't even sound right any more. If they were going to change her voice they could of at least put some effort into it. These VAs (if they're even the originals which I doubt) sound like they're phoning it in with none of the passion they normally have. I have the original on another system and I'll keep that.

blamite

WHAT THE FUCK! I redownloaded it and now I have thing THING talking. Rainbow Dash doesn't even sound right any more. If they were going to change her voice they could of at least put some effort into it. These VAs (if they're even the originals which I doubt) sound like they're phoning it in with none of the passion they normally have. I have the original on another system and I'll keep that.
Yeah, it sounds like they had Ashleigh record her new lines on my laptop microphone or something. This all seems like something you would expect from a cheap fake and not something official from Hasbro.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Right now, the best we can do is calm down, wait for official word from the people working on the show (hopefully Thiessen says something) and spread the original version of The Last Roundup around through Streisand Effect.

Though I would like to know which people complained in the first place and if they've ever seen a Disney cartoon with Goofy in their life. Just saying.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
is this your precious 'canon', forester?

where good and innocent ponies get carted away in the night and replaced?

Now MLP fans have a Canon versus "Canon" argument on the level of Greedo/Han shot first.

WE MADE IT GUYS!
In my mind, we already had one with S2E11-S2E13 airing out of order.

Well, in my mind, anyway... I think I'm the only one who cared, or even noticed. I'd love to spread the word to the Internet at large, but the few times I've tried I just get shut down, typically. I can't really point to any canon, because the iTunes numbers changed after the fact, "Hearth's Warming Eve" is constantly skipped in rebroadcasting (and "Luna Eclipsed", for some reason - why put all these holiday episodes in Season 2 if you won't air them?), and while the episodes on The Hub's site use the correct numbering, Hasbro can't be bothered to keep said episode up on their site for more than a week at a time (the best I've got are these thumbnail leftovers, and I doubt I'll turn any heads with that). Lord knows I've waited this long for some kind of bone to be thrown my way, but nope... The whole thing kind of makes me really depressed, honestly. :(

...anyway, Derpy. I actually think I prefer the new VA, although the lines are a bit phoned-in, I suppose. Butch Derpy really didn't work in my head, honestly... Also, aside from Rainbow's "careful" line, her lines sound pretty much the same. She only mentioned Derpy's name in that one line anyway... Still, if you're miffed at the executive meddling here, welcome to my world. Season One wasn't this mishandled, was it?

PBalfredo

I just hope no one at Studio B got in trouble for Derpy, seeing as how Hasbro evidently thought enough of the issue to go back and edit the episode.

Doesn't bode well for future Derpy cameos. Playing spot-the-Derpy each almost every episode has been such a fun little touch this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom