• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marie Callender’s introduces new Sausage, Gravy & Egg Pot Pie

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://foodbeast.com/content/2012/08/12/marie-callenders-now-serving-a-sausage-gravy-egg-meat-pie/

Breakfast in a pie. Is there really anything else that needs to be said?

Marie Callender’s frozen food products is now serving the new flavor of pie at most Walmart stores. Containing: Scrambled Eggs, Sausage, Potatoes, and just a bit of gravy all wrapped up in a golden flaky pie crust; this frozen delight is packed with 810 calories of pure breakfast goodness.

All you have to do is nuke em, maybe throw a little Sriracha on top, and chow down before heading out the door. Or maybe it’s date night and she’s sick of the pizza or pasta that you always make her. Boom! Breakfast Pie.

cR6b8.jpg

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Marie callenders food isn't appealing at the restaurant. Why would I buy something from them in frozen form?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Marie Callender makes some of the best damned frozen pot pies ever

I will buy 20 of these just to be safe

Marie callenders food isn't appealing at the restaurant. Why would I buy something from them in frozen form?

They have restaurants? I thought it was just a frozen dinner thing. Heh. It's like how everyone talks up Cheesecake Factory. For the price I could just go to a real restaurant.

Trouble

Banned
I can't eat frozen pot pies any more. The Whole Foods near me has fresh take&bake pot pies some times. They are pricey compared to frozen, but exactly 10,000% better.

Parallax

They have restaurants? I thought it was just a frozen dinner thing. Heh. It's like how everyone talks up Cheesecake Factory. For the price I could just go to a real restaurant.

Yeah. And all the ones I have been to sucked ass. the employees were curteous, but the food sucked ass everytime.

yes. THey are basically like Denny's, only you pay 50% more for everything, and they aren't open 24 hours so you lose the novelty of being able to go in when you are drunk as shit and have pancakes. I don't think I need to explain why they are filing for bankrupcy.

XiaNaphryz

Yeah. And all the ones I have been to sucked ass. the employees were curteous, but the food sucked ass everytime.

The only thing worth ordering at the restaurants are the pies. Pot pies included. Their frozen ones aren't as good, but are still pretty great in terms of microwavable frozen food options.

Valnen

You must have ridiculous standards or something, because when I went the food was pretty good. Better than low tier restaurants like Denny's and the like.

Parallax

You must have ridiculous standards or something, because when I went the food was pretty good. Better than low tier restaurants like Denny's and the like.

Id much rather eat at a dennys, or a local diner than marie callenders. The food isn't good.

foxdvd

I saw these in the store....wish they had one without pork...but my guess is it will be very salty and the eggs will be the weak part...

coldvein

Banned
my mom kept the freezer stocked with marie callendars pot pies at all times. love them shitz. will try this one day.

XiaNaphryz

It kinda looks like vomit in a crust. Seriously, would it kill them to put in a few veggies?
Most breakfasts don't really have a lot of veggies, which is likely why they didn't bother. Their other pot pies have veggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom