• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Party Party: The End of Giant Bomb

KingV

I liked it too but not 50 turns.

50 turns is way too much mario party.

Also it destroyed your hands on the n64.

It's also not as fun when you are not a kid anymore.

We used to play it as a drinking game, shotgun a beer every time you got a star. Honestly, it can be fun as an adult, if you are inebriated enough

This series really crushed any nostalgia I might have had about Mario Party. I can't believe how long some of those 50 turn games took, yet I watched every single one with glee.

Forkball

There is fun to be had with Mario Party if you have three other friends and some pizzas. But 50 turns is absolutely insane. MP9 and 10 have a different format, but these guys have played at least 400 turns of Mario Party throughout all the games. That is enough to break even the most hardened soul.

Blues1990

Have they already gone through the majority of the entries in the MP series? If so, doing 50 rounds for each is batshit insane.

TheGrizz

Ah yes

2664055-8295345992-iDIMY.gif

2664056-6189018407-fyS4P.gif
2664058-0298306966-Ja74l.gif
2664059-2495977891-HXOuW.gif

DAMMNIT GAF! I was browsing this thread while at my desk, someone stops by, then slowly walks away. I have a feeling I'll be seeing HR on Monday morning. lol

Blues1990

They did all of them, including a bonus episode for the Animal Crossing Amiibo game.

And it's all fantastic
Oh, god. I would think they'd die of boredom with Amiibo Festival, but they must be made of resilient stuff to survive playing that party game.

Can't wait for them to play Wii Party U & have their respectable Mii's go insane from the wrath of Party Phill.

Stopdoor

Oh, god. I would think they'd die of boredom with Amiibo Festival, but they must be made of resilient stuff to survive playing that party game.

Can't wait for them to play Wii Party U & have their respectable Mii's go insane from the wrath of Party Phill.

The (good) thing about Amiibo Festival is you can't play the equivalent of a 50-turn game, mercifully.

Revven

How people include 1 and leave out 4 is beyond me.

Because 4's board design and items are blech. 1 has really good boards (that are prime for dicking over everyone else) on top of being able to turn on random dice blocks like warp blocks, 1-3 dice blocks, 8-10, minus and plus blocks, boo/koopa/bowser block, etc etc. More RNG on top of the already punishing stuff 1 does is great.

Inviusx

The best series behind Metal Gear Scanlon. It's a shame knowing that Mario Party will never reach that level of depravity again.

Mario Party is a series I always assume is going to die out from its sheer mediocrity or straight up terrible iterations, until I remind myself that a good chunk of people still buy them religiously for whatever reason.

Top Bottom