• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront II: You made it DICE, you made me content

keraj37

I had chance to play 2h after midnight this night, and I am very happy with this game.
Basically I feel that DICE was hearing my voice in terms of SP content - especially custom team deathmatch with bots which was main issue for me in BF1. And now we have it! Was it that hard?

This game is dream come true for me - particularly with vorpX and Oculus Rift it is the best VR game I have played so far - the stereo 3D effect is crazy good.

I wanted to make a thread out of my feelings now amid all controversials with p2w policy.
I simply don't care and enjoy this game like teenage funboy with pastries on face and smile like bannana.

good-job-585196d68366d35f71711a0f-g.gif

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
So playing a game not made for vr is still ok to play?
Cool didnt know that! With free gun movement? Like touch controls?

Woo-Fu

Banned
I wanted to make a thread out of my feelings now amid all controversials with p2w policy.
I simply don't care and enjoy this game like teenage funboy with pastries on face and smile like bannana.
That's why they chose a Star Wars game to jump firmly into pay to win. Lots of Star Wars fans who'll put up with it. EA is a lot of things, stupid isn't one of them.

Battlefront 2 just looks like the long time phrase wide as an ocean shallow as a puddle.

Played the beta and I’m just not impressed. This is just not the kind of Star Wars game I can support.

I’ll wait to see what the Respawn Star Wars game is.

I love dice for battlefield games but battlefront I can’t support. It’s clearly all controlled by EAs decisions.

radewagon

I had chance to play 2h after midnight this night, and I am very happy with this game.
Basically I feel that DICE was hearing my voice in terms of SP content - especially custom team deathmatch with bots which was main issue for me in BF1. And now we have it! Was it that hard?

Out of curiosity, do the bot deathmatches allow you to earn credits? If so, how do they compare to the amount of credits you earn in online modes?

DonF

So you are praising ONLY the single player stuff?? You know the controversy is about the multiplayer, progression and micro transactions ?

I don't think anyone is disputing the fun to be had in this game.
The problem is lootboxes essentially making the game P2W. I can't count the number of times I'm quickly killed by someone, only to see them decked out with all purple cards. And they claim the matchmaking takes card rarity into account lol.
Out of curiosity, do the bot deathmatches allow you to earn credits? If so, how do they compare to the amount of credits you earn in online modes?
Well, Arcade mode limits the amount of credits you earn per day (a measly 500 per day), so I imagine Bot matches have a similar restriction.

keraj37

So you are praising ONLY the single player stuff?? You know the controversy is about the multiplayer, progression and micro transactions ?

You have same progression in SP modes - you can use only what you have unlocked - but yes, I play only SP. I don't want to put myself on any of the sides of that conflict - like I said, I have fun and that is what games are made for.

I don't think anyone is disputing the fun to be had in this game.
The problem is lootboxes essentially making the game P2W. I can't count the number of times I'm quickly killed by someone, only to see them decked out with all purple cards. And they claim the matchmaking takes card rarity into account lol.

I think I am just lucky that I don't like MP, that is why that obvious problem doesn't concern me.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
That's why they chose a Star Wars game to jump firmly into pay to win. Lots of Star Wars fans who'll put up with it. EA is a lot of things, stupid isn't one of them.
Anyone who buys this game no longer has the right to complain about EA and their DLC/micro transactions strategy ever again. Thanks for feeding these bullshit systems to become the norm.

homelol

Neo Member
You seem to be like the Spanish citizens who rob them in the face and continue to vote for the same politicians year after year....

Krakn3Dfx

Enjoy your game op. I haven't bought an EA game for years, Battlefront II definitely isn't going to get me back on their side, if anything, it's the worst manipulation of the F2W market I've seen in a game yet, and they're constant need to try and defend their decisions with bullshit lines like 'providing players with a sense of pride' can fuck right off.

Gamers keep letting these publisher push the line between a $60 title and a $60 title where you have to throw in money to get the full experience, saying 'it doesn't affect me'. Eventually it will, I look forward to the salt.

OP is not the only one on this form to indicate they just dont care and bought or will buy the game anyway at launch. So there is a big chunk of GAF that is ok with it, so with that said the general public will be perfectly fine with it. Enjoy the P2W lootboxfest future everyone !!! Also what the OP is talking about has nothing to do with MP or the progression system.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
GAF still shilling for Star Wars it seems.

Joke post?

Have you had your eyes closed on here the last week or so? Several threads existed and probably still do where people were shitting all over Battlefront 2 and/or EA about the lootbox, pay to win, blah fkn blah blah.

If anything, GAF is far from shilling for Star Wars in my observation.

This isn't really the topic for it... but i can't find the OT, & this is the first Battlefront topic that's talking about the game and not the surrounding PR or meta.

I'm playing the campaign and im playing the level called Cache Grab.
I'll spoiler the rest to save people who don't want to know:
You play as Lando and i cant make his pistol shoot... i can do the mark and execute stuff, but not regular shooting.
Youtube videos of this level don't seem to have a problem so i don't know what I'm missing.
Ive googled it... but most of the answers are talking about Landos pistol being OP in the 2015 Battlefront

Any help would be appreciated.

ok..so i loved bf1..but this shit is a joke. i did have a few questions for those that own it..just to understand what type of package does it have when it comes to offline support (since they got so much heat for it for pt 1)

how many maps are available offline? and are all modes playable offline?

is there a leveling system offline?

how long more or less is the single player?

This isn't really the topic for it... but i can't find the OT, & this is the first Battlefront topic that's talking about the game and not the surrounding PR or meta.

I'm playing the campaign and im playing the level called Cache Grab.
I'll spoiler the rest to save people who don't want to know:
You play as Lando and i cant make his pistol shoot... i can do the mark and execute stuff, but not regular shooting.
Youtube videos of this level don't seem to have a problem so i don't know what I'm missing.
Ive googled it... but most of the answers are talking about Landos pistol being OP in the 2015 Battlefront

Any help would be appreciated.

Figured it out.
My god it's just the dumbest thing.
Had my triggers on my elite controller set for short pulls... which it was apparently reading as no input... on this gun only... near the end of the campaign...

keraj37

ok..so i loved bf1..but this shit is a joke. i did have a few questions for those that own it..just to understand what type of package does it have when it comes to offline support (since they got so much heat for it for pt 1)

how many maps are available offline? and are all modes playable offline?

is there a leveling system offline?

how long more or less is the single player?

I had just scratched the surface, but...
1. I could start custom deathmatch on all maps. There is also second mode that I have no clue what is it about. There are plenty of options to customize the match.
2. Progression is common for MP and offline. So if you unlock weapon, you can now use it in MP and SP.
3. You can play arcade levels that are unlocked once you beat lower level - but I didn't play it much.
4. And of course you have campaign which I haven't even started.

OP sounds like he works at dice :lol Terrible.
Oh man, I really have great employer now, but working for DICE would be so great anyway. Thanks for thinking that direction ;)

MDSLKTR

Figured it out.
My god it's just the dumbest thing.
Had my triggers on my elite controller set for short pulls... which it was apparently reading as no input... on this gun only... near the end of the campaign...
Lmao fuck this controller feature, I have to remember to deactivate it in any game that has driving.

AlanAwake

I wanted to make a thread out of my feelings now amid all controversials with p2w policy. I simply don't care and enjoy this game like teenage funboy with pastries on face and smile like bannana.

People like you - people who simply don't care - are the reason why Battlefront 2 is built around loot boxes and star cards with p2w microtransactions. This thread is a shame.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
OP is not the only one on this form to indicate they just dont care and bought or will buy the game anyway at launch. So there is a big chunk of GAF that is ok with it, so with that said the general public will be perfectly fine with it. Enjoy the P2W lootboxfest future everyone !!! Also what the OP is talking about has nothing to do with MP or the progression system.
Not caring and not giving in to the distraction (loot crates) are two totally different things.

I had just scratched the surface, but...
1. I could start custom deathmatch on all maps. There is also second mode that I have no clue what is it about. There are plenty of options to customize the match.
2. Progression is common for MP and offline. So if you unlock weapon, you can now use it in MP and SP.
3. You can play arcade levels that are unlocked once you beat lower level - but I didn't play it much.
4. And of course you have campaign which I haven't even started.

Oh man, I really have great employer now, but working for DICE would be so great anyway. Thanks for thinking that direction ;)

thanks man..last thing, are walker assault and galactic assault available offline?

Garnbag

Neo Member
How long is the SP campaign?

Yeah I’d like to know this too. I don’t care for multiplayer games at all, but I don’t want to spend £50 if it’s going to be a short experience.

I’m just too old to care about multiplayer games but I’m of the view that if you’re paying for a game, you should get the full experience whatever that entails. I think this stems from my experiences during youth ie you stick the cartridge in the Master System and you play the game, you stick the disc in the Amiga, you load it, you play the game. DLC was a non issue.

I’m not overly familiar with this loot box setup to be brutally honest, does it affect the single player game?

You're part of the problem.

This guy's post was a bit low-effort, but essentially I agree with him. By giving money to publishers that use these practices you're helping to make gaming a little bit worse for all of us. I'm not going to get all sanctimonious and say I would never do the same for a license I'm really passionate about, but I still think it needs to be said. You can ignore the posts saying this if you want, but it will still be true.

Johnny M

This game is dream come true for me - particularly with vorpX and Oculus Rift it is the best VR game I have played so far - the stereo 3D effect is crazy good.

What the fuck is this shit? You are shilling like a mad man

keraj37

What the fuck is this shit? You are shilling like a mad man

Am I? I just liked what I have seen in this game, and I think DICE/EA deserves also positive feedback.

thanks man..last thing, are walker assault and galactic assault available offline?

That I don't know - I just got back from work, so I will check, but from what I have seen - no. Unless these second custom match option was what you are asking for.

I really hope EA's predatory monetization makes this game flopp hard. Even though it will be bad news for DICE this needs to fucking stop already.

Would not be sad if EA and the other scumbag publishers went out of business.

OP the bot support they added to bf1 is actually better since it supports the large scale modes and the campaign is a boring slog with really uninteresting characters.

This is why they get away with it. Star Wars is awesome and Star Wars will always sell. It’s a shame they can take advantage of our childhood dreams. But I get it.

Blam

It's sad he had to mention this at all in the comments

I don't support the loot crate system.
I say the crate system was a mistake in this video before the 4 min mark
I bought crates to test how much of an advantage I could get
The answer is "a significant advantage for certain classes"
I do in-depth game videos, so spending money in game is often part of that process
This is a business expense
I don't recommend that you spend your money as I do
This video is not sponsored
All sponsored content is clearly labeled sponsored
I haven't participated in a paid event for EA since 2016
This is a game review
I make game reviews
Game reviews review games
This means that I look at all aspects of the game
Not JUST Dice's dumb ass crate system
I like MOST of Star Wars Battlefront 2
I don't like the crate system