• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

Does anyone have any recommendations one way or the other for Magic 2012? I played the original Duels of the Planeswalkers for XBLA when it came out and liked it a lot, but I haven't really followed the franchise much beyond that.

HoosTrax

Reviews seem mixed -- terrible voice acting and plodding, uninspired gameplay, but decent from a historical perspective. The history buff in me is sort of interested.

For that price sure! Bought!

Wait is it developed in germany? Does that mean no swatizkas in a game about nazis?
Seems doubtful if, according to one review, the voice actors they hired didn't know how to pronounce Goebbels correctly. As far as swastikas, again, the presence of them seems to confirm that this wasn't made by a German dev:
The first thing that I noticed is that A Stroke of Fate tosses aside any political correctness. Swastika flags are seen everywhere, and casual references to what the SS thinks of the Jews and anyone else who doesn't fit the Aryan standard are floated in conversation with many characters. It's almost tragically obnoxious, given to whom they blurt it and its attempts to present an oppressive air of paranoia.
source

Spwn

I have a hard time to take a game seriously when it's product page has this on the feature list:
Photorealistic high-definition graphics.

I haven't heard anyone use "photorealistic" as a definition for video game graphics since the 90's/early 2000, excluding BF3.

PaulLFC

Does anyone know when the AoE Online DLC sale ends? I'm thinking of buying the £10 pack, but I'd prefer to try the free version for a while first to see if I like the game enough.

HoosTrax

Does anyone know when the AoE Online DLC sale ends? I'm thinking of buying the £10 pack, but I'd prefer to try the free version for a while first to see if I like the game enough.
aoeo.png

Helmholtz

Witcher 1: Enhanced Edition for $10. Never played it. Good game? I've never played any Witcher game.
I got it for ~$5 during a sale (winter sale I think), and it was worth every penny. What to expect: a long (35-50ish hours I think depending on how much side stuff you do), slightly dated WRPG that does morality choices to perfection, offering choices that fall under gray areas rather than good/evil. Good story and characters, however it's a much slower paced game than most and has you questing in the same area for several hours before you move onto the next one. There are about 4 main areas iirc, each one representing a chapter of the game. Combat system is not so much actiony, but more of a point and click system where you have to click at opportune times to pull off good counters/chains (this system was switched to an actiony one in Witcher 2, but the first game's combat system is serviceable). So yeah, it's a good game, worth 10 dollars imo. But if you can wait for the summer sale or something you'll probably be able to get it cheaper. Plus, the second game is also awesome and much more technically impressive, and it's coming to 360 if your PC isn't beefy enough to handle it. Story wise, the first game's story is mostly separate, aside from its ending which ties into the beginning of W2.

Sysgen

When someone makes a comment on your profile or on a screen you posted or a review are you allowed to delete it?

Also do keys expire if you don't use them. Have a quite a few from the various Indie bundles.

Oreoleo

When someone makes a comment on your profile or on a screen you posted or a review are you allowed to delete it?

Also do keys expire if you don't use them. Have a quite a few from the various Indie bundles.

Yes, you can delete any comment someone has made on your wall/photo/review.

I guess on a long enough timeline those keys might stop working (a matter of years)... but really they should be fine as long as no one else has used them.

vazel

Banned
I just created a Reddit account to get that key. I wonder if I'll get one. :D
Someone said in the comments that the bot will only give keys to accounts registered before the giveaway. This was pertaining to another giveaway using the same bot so maybe it's changed.

Here's my second key for anyone that wants to grab it: 92K5N-V6AC0-00NZC

Someone said in the comments that the bot will only give keys to accounts registered before the giveaway. This was pertaining to another giveaway using the same bot so maybe it's changed.

Grabbed it, thanks!

Quote for Gratuitous Space Battles and Cave Story+ Steam Key.

edit: gone

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Aw goddammit.

And it's also gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom