• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2.5 demo available!

TunaLover

You need Homebrew and Riivolution to play this hack, as well as a retail Super Mario Galaxy 2 disc.

The installer download will walk you through the process of downloading and properly placing the downloaded folders, while the direct download will give you the two folders which you will need to manually place on the root of your SD card/USB drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iatTKUw00Vo

Bob-omb Battlefield and that one Bowser level looked nice, but the others seemed way too big and empty, or not that special looking.

Sorry to be the party pooper, I guess.

Zomba13

o_O

I have no words except want.

you guys really think it looks that good?

guess it's the music that's hyping you or something

I'm hyped that this is possible for SMG2 and people are working on something like it. Also for Bob-omb's Battlefield.

GimMick

Spectacular progress since the last time I've taken news of the project a few months ago.
Now it really feels like a SMG3 game, with more open levels this time.

Very tempted to try the demo !

Seik

Banned
Holy shit!!! D:

Can't wait for the complete version, shit will be good.

Can't believe someone actually did this, that's great!!!

TunaLover

I hate to be that guy but what is this about exactly? A fan-made sequel?
It's just one planet demo, it's more to demostrate the edit/create features and how they were able to import 3D model objects from other Mario games, for example Sunshine =)

Boney

Banned
it also really goes to show the beauty that Galaxy 2's camara pans were, while, naturally, this falls way short

BD1

Banned
Awesome!

This video also makes me jump full on the DLC Era Nintendo. World expansion packs from EAD Tokyo every six months...drool

ohlawd

It's sad that a fan-made game has better levels than the real Galaxy games :/

you're not saying this with a straight face >_>

The game looks like it's trying to be 64 (and failing) and less like the Galaxy games. That's a negative point to me. Still got hyped thanks to that awesome music.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
It's sad that a fan-made game has better levels than the real Galaxy games :/

ibgaBXkw2a95eA.gif

blamite

Wow, that's so cool. This is exactly what I wanted after seeing Another Super Mario Bros Wii. Looks pretty good to, for the stage of progress they seem to be at.

Top Bottom