• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Out of the Park Baseball 18 (OOTP18) - Official Thread and NeoGAF League

RA Dickey is a free agent

My owner wanted me to acquire a CY Young winner so I was looking for him in game and couldn't find him for some reason.

My draft seems okay. I think I made a list of 20 and still got my guys in round 4. I would have liked an impact college guy round one but I need help all over my minors. I overpaid a 13th round pick because he might have some slight potential and I just need bodies.

Oh damn didn't think anybody would sign him lol I didn't even mean to release him. I put him on waivers hoping somebody would pick him up and forgot about it.

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: June 21, 2017
Notes:

Indians on their way down. Have now lost Kipnis and CL Cody Allen.
On the bright side, Andrew Miller, over the last 18G has 10saves, 18.1 IP, 25K, and 0.00 ERA.

brentech

Date: June 28, 2017
Notes: Some big injuries this sim around the league. Tomorrow we only sim 4 days or whatever in order to make offers on International Free Agents. Just realize you can't over spend on them or you get charged further in the future as well. It will tell you the details on the offer screen.

It's always nice when the game gives you a clear, relatively early indication that the season is probably toast.

See ya in 2018, Kiermaier!

brentech

Date: July 2, 2017
Notes: IFA is now open and available to make offers. MAKE YOUR BEST OFFER, we are going back to 7 day sims.

It turns out the CBA changed last year, and you simply can't offer more than the $5M IFA cap. So there are no punishments, just a hard cap.

NYY sends:
LF Brett Gardner (GOBL)
RP Nick Rumbelow (AAA Scranton)
CF Clint Frazier (AAA Scranton)
2B Jorge Mateo (AA Trenton)

NYM sends:
SP Steven Matz (GOBL)
CF Curtis Granderson (GOBL)
2B Luis Guillorme (AA Binghamton)

brentech

Date: July 9, 2017
Notes: All-Stars announced.

NYY sends:
LF Brett Gardner (GOBL)
RP Nick Rumbelow (AAA Scranton)
CF Clint Frazier (AAA Scranton)
2B Jorge Mateo (AA Trenton)

NYM sends:
SP Steven Matz (GOBL)
CF Curtis Granderson (GOBL)
2B Luis Guillorme (AA Binghamton)

Trade was processed. I appreciate the exact formatting.
goodjob.gif

Also your assistant GMs also thought it was a good deal for both sides, which is rare.

Interesting, Clint Frazier was a good player for me in the oldGOBL. Didn't know he was in the deal for Andrew Miller last year.

Always a great sim when your closest pitching prospect loses a year+ to injury.

I liked the last league's Brent Honeywell better. :/

Went 4-1 and signed the IFA I wanted nice! Freddie Freeman was robbed! Should be in the ASG! I also should have voted lol.

Called up Ozzie Albies ready to see what he's gonna do. I wish all my pitchers were ready to call up. We're gonna be awesome in a couple seasons!

brentech

Date: July 16, 2017
Notes:

NYY sends:
2B Starlin Castro (GOBL)
SP Albert Abreu (A Charleston)

Houston sends:
SP Lance McCullers Jr. (GOBL)

I can't process this trade because SP Albert Abreu was injured on June 18th is is out for more than a week (set to miss 7-8 months).

chairon

Neo Member
I've added a number of players to the trading block. Current roster is built to win now, but isn't happening so need to unload. Donaldson, Bautista, Estrada, Martin, Happ, Liriano are all available!

Bren, could you check the most valuable of those assets - Donaldson - with the computer?

Thanks

brentech

I've added a number of players to the trading block. Current roster is built to win now, but isn't happening so need to unload. Donaldson, Bautista, Estrada, Martin, Happ, Liriano are all available!

Bren, could you check the most valuable of those assets - Donaldson - with the computer?

Thanks
We aren't doing CPU trades in newGOBL. If things really go downhill in terms of GM activity it might change, but for now I want to be able to concentrate on my team and just running the sims.

brentech

Date: July 23, 2017
Notes: NL WEST and AL WEST currently have tight races, but no division is out of reach for the top 2-3 teams. We have a pretty competitive league at this point. The biggest lead is just 7 1/2 games.

chairon

Neo Member
We aren't doing CPU trades in newGOBL. If things really go downhill in terms of GM activity it might change, but for now I want to be able to concentrate on my team and just running the sims.

Oh, my bad! That is fine with me and totally understandable on your part. So, who wants some Jays?!

Ron Mexico

So despite our late charge to the heady heights of .500, Baltimore is looking to restock its farm system a bit. Essentially, willing to entertain offers for anyone not named Machado and possibly Britton.

The asking price will be heavily dependent on the contract/years of team control remaining.

I'll be at work during the day (so while I can check PMs, I won't have the game in front of me), so any deals would be starting next sim at earliest.

Thanks all!

brentech

Date: July 30, 2017
Notes: Won't be able to sim Fri-Sun, out of town and mostly driving.
League will advance as usual Monday.

chairon

Neo Member
Trade! - Still looking to move GOBL assets for minor leaguers if anyone interested!

TOR sends:
SP Marco Estrada (GOBL)
SP Francisco Liriano (GOBL)

COL sends:
SS Brendan Rodgers (PCL)
SS Jose Cicarello (EL)

chairon

Neo Member
Lots of action on Jose Bautista and Josh Donaldson. Tulo & Russ Martin also available for lesser prices.

It's a good old fashioned sell-off!

Rommel

Trade!

Nationals Sends:

Anderson Franco (A)
Juan Soto (R)

Colorado Sends:

Charlie Blackmon (GOBL)
Ryan McMahon (AAA)

Top Bottom