• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA Vintage Collection: Monster World coming to XBLA!

Rlan

boxartlg.jpg

banner.png

Bring peace back to Monster World in these three classic action RPG titles: Wonder Boy in Monster Land, Wonder Boy in Monster World, and for the first time outside of Japan, Monster World IV! Now available for download on Xbox LIVE, the Monster World saga features all new achievements, challenging new trial modes, Xbox LIVE Leaderboards, and recordable and downloadable game sessions!

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/SVC-Monster-World/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b72

Also DEVELOPED BY M2 AND NOT BACKBONE OMG OMG

screenlg10.jpg

screenlg11.jpg

screenlg12.jpg

screenlg14.jpg

screenlg1.jpg

screenlg4.jpg

Be still my mother fucking beating heart.

Day 1.

BUT... where the fuck is Wonderboy III: The Dragon's Trap!?!?!?!?!?!?!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hope this comes to PSN since this was announced almost a year ago (Sega Vintage Collection, etc.)!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Seriously. What the fuck is up with that, Sega?

Awesome news for 360 owners.

Well, it's from XBLA marketplace so there's no reason for them to announce a PSN version. :p

Plus Sega hasn't actually announced this yet. I'll be shocked if this doesn't come to PSN.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Monster World IV in English? OMFG!!! Sucks about no Dragon's Trap as I fucking love that game, and I wonder why it wasn't included?

IrishNinja

what the...!? with this confirmed and the rumors in the other thread, this is like retro classic chrristmas!!
so bought its not even funny. so bought.

BUT... where the fuck is Wonderboy III: The Dragon's Trap!?!?!?!?!?!?!

yeah, i feel the same here too, but i'm not gonna fuss just yet, any of these (much less all 3) making it through feels amazing.

eXistor

Awesome, I played Wonder Boy in Monster World for the first time about a month ago and I loved every minute of it. Probably getting this.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
10 or 15?

I'm betting on 15...

Never been a "Monster World" fan, but i'll pick up once it goes on sale for sure.

Credo

I NEED to play these. I feel ashamed that I haven't already. Here's hoping Sega keeps rolling out collections on XBLA or PSN...
I will never lose hope for Saturn and/or Dreamcast!

Nice! Will buy when it eventually makes it's way everywhere else.

Waiting on my Phantasy Star collection or my Shining Force collection with lots of trophies.

Tain

I could finally stand to retire my PS2 import?

Will definitely do so, assuming it comes to PSN, as well.

The PS2 collection will ultimately contain better ports for SDTV owners (albeit without English MW4), and there's also the whole Dragon's Trap thing.

Gagaman

Wow, I recall them announcing Monster World IV aaaages ago, I assumed they had forgot all about it. Never expected them to do a triple pack like this though, darn!

Sega are absolutely rocking with their XBLA/PSN ports as of late. Daytona USA, Sonic CD, soon Virtua Fighter 5, Jet Set Radio and House of the Dead 4 and now this too? Phew!

ULTROS!

It was announced some time ago for said platform (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=429984).

I'm assuming that they decided to scrap off the Backbone-style porting (individual releases for $4.99) and rather went for a proper and decent porting, thus missing the late 2011 time-frame release? I wonder what happened to the rest like Super Hang-on and Shinobi.

I'm assuming that they decided to scrap off the Backbone-style porting (individual releases for $4.99) and rather went for a proper and decent porting, thus missing the late 2011 time-frame release? I wonder what happened to the rest like Super Hang-on and Shinobi.

Probably more Vintage Collections.

I'm expecting Virtual Console will still see the individual releases (like Japan).

Gaspode_T

Didn't some famous game journalist have some sort of Monster World IV homage or rant somewhere...? Am I hallucinating? Was it Christian Nutt?

Great to see this game, think I would pay 800 gates for it.

Are any of those the one where you change into a mouse/dragon/lion/water thing in the game?
That's Dragon's Trap, the 2nd game in the series and the only one not in the Vintage Collection. If you really want it the game's on the PS2 Sega Ages Complete Collection though and also on Wii Virtual Console (2 versions!).

Baron

After playing the updated Fantasy Zones on the PS2 Sega Ages, M2 became port/remake gods. They can do no wrong. Very excited for this.

DTJAAAAM

Sad to see the Dragon's Trap excluded, but I've already played the hell out of that one, so I'll still download the collection.

Top Bottom