• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioware wants your feedback on gameplay to make Dragon Age Inquisition fun

Evy8nQJ.png

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DAIcombatgameplay

I'd recommend filling it out. Fairly in-depth survey, thought it'd be helpful to pass it along.

Level variety, less loading between areas.

Take the ideas and scope of DA:O, and the combat of DA2.....and give birth to an awesome game.

Chaplain

Please add an option/mode where the best items are automatically equipped for non-action/rpg players. I do not want to have to go through inventory screens to figure out what I need to equip. I just want to play through the game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kiss my ass, bioware social
mUYoC2W.jpg

Please add an option/mode where the best items are automatically equipped for non-action/rpg players. I do not want to have to go through inventory screens to figure out what I need to equip. I just want to play through the game.

or just don't play the rpg?

Omega

Banned
i can't wait until they do this for the next Mass Effect

I'm taking a week off of work and spamming them with "get rid of mac walters"

Derrick01

Banned
If you want action combat then just make action combat and try to make it as good and responsive as possible. This half and half with action and dice rolls drives me nuts and it results in a mess. A flashy mess, but a mess nonetheless. Go the Witcher 3/Dark Souls route with it.

After that I'll just hope they don't dumb any RPG elements down on the side. I don't really have a preference for this series because I didn't like either game for different reasons so I'm open to anything that doesn't remind me of Skyrim.

zoozilla

If they don't know themselves, they are truly doooooooomed.

Yeah, haven't they been working on this game for years already?

I can understand why Bioware would want to listen to fan feedback (or at least give the impression that they are) after the ME 3 fiasco, but I'd rather have a game that the DA team thinks is cool than a watered-down, lowest common denominator bore.

Mugatu

Controller support for PC and make it more like DA:O than DA2 (aka almost turn based RPG not button mashing action).

LordJim

Origins system with more abilities, cross class combos for skills, not just spells and generally better balanced. This leads to variety and does not limit your set-up per difficulties (except for the hardest one perhaps)

Taunting, backstabbing and generally positioning working better would be nice.

Faster movement/animations does not hurt.

Timeaisis

I think the problem is Bioware has very large gap between fans. For one, they have the hardcore RPG purists (like most of us, probably). And then, they've got those interested in the story/characters more and don't want to fuss as much with the systems.

I hope they can appease both of these fans, but I don't want another DA2. I'd like some RPG in my RPG.
My wife loved DA2, though.

Chaplain

or just don't play the rpg?

I want to play those type of games, but normally do not because of the menu systems. Mass Effect did an ok job of doing what I am asking Bioware to do, and because of this, my wife and I beat all three games together.

EDIT

The same applies to pure RPGs. What I want and assume would be easy to do is to give the player the option (at the beginning of the game) that would allow the user to just pick up and play through the game without having to grind at all. This would allow non-rpg players the ability to experience the game without any of the hassles associated with rpgs. I think it is money just being left on the table for developers. There has to be many of us who want to experience these type of games but not put in 50 to 80 hours.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Don't fucking try to be something you're not. Don't try to make it like Dark Souls. Don't try to make it like Skyrim. Don't try to make it like Witcher.

I want to be pausing constantly. Sometimes I wish DAI was delayed until Eternity was out just so they can see that and go, 'Oh, we should do something like that but make it more accessible' because that's what DA:O was
:O

Alistair, Morrigan and Shale for life, yo
Sten, Zevran, Morrigan, and my snobby Tywin Lannister-esque Dwarf Noble. The Tsun crew.

Necrovex

....I don't remember them mother fuckers. I remember the Awakening crew more than them.

I actually remembered my party combination for DA2: Varreric, Merill, and Isabella.

Completed the survey, hope to see Inquisition more like DAO rather than a DA2.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Do they really expect people to remember the party member's names? For Mass Effect, ok I remember but DAO was one game ages ago and ME is 3 games.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The first game had such a dreadful lineup full of boring characters. The only semi-decent one it had was held back as DLC.

Nope. Sten and Zevran were both upper tier Bioware characters once you went through their story. Shale was always overrated.

Awakening had some fun characters too. I would have rather seen a bunch of them over Anders, like Nathaniel, Sigrun(?) and Justice.

Sheroking

console player? because Origins for PC is great in that regard.

I would never play a 30+ hour RPG with a mouse and keyboard, but even if I did, it's still that same KOTOR bullshit where you watch your character attack. But wow, I can press a button and watch him attack four people if my arte has recharged!

I don't get the hype at all. It's about as deep as a puddle, too. Four areas in the game with the same fetch/persuade quests over and over again, same quest structure as every other (better) BioWare game. Only it's somehow five times uglier than Mass Effect, a game that predated it by two years.

But hey, at least it's really buggy and there's an incredibly cliche storyline about overthrowing a tyrant to fight an army of orc.. I mean orc.. I mean Darkspawn.

(/angry rant).

Top Bottom