• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 2 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alucrid said:
I hope the cgi is a bit better. Not asking for blockbuster-esque quality, but at least so that it isn't so apparent most of the time.

Yeah that final scene in last year's season finale was terrible.

I still enjoyed the entire season even though it got dull in the middle episodes

Plissken

Osietra said:
Mad scientist? Really? The whole first season was like a firework- up like a rocket and down like a stick.

I was referring to the fact that they actually went to the CDC in the show, where they didn't in the comic. It seemed weird for a comic set in Atlanta, where a strange plague turns people to zombies, that they didn't go to the CDC. As for the scientist, I think that was wasted potential. They could have done a lot more with it than "I am mopey, and we're all gonna die anyway, lets burn together!".

Alucrid said:
I hope the cgi is a bit better. Not asking for blockbuster-esque quality, but at least so that it isn't so apparent most of the time.

There shouldn't be any major big CG required shots in this series unless it deviates a ton from the comics (which is what they did with that silly CDC ending of last season).

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
vatstep said:
Like many, I thought S1 got worse with each episode after the excellent premiere, but I'll be giving this a shot — six episodes aren't really enough to make or break a series for me, especially considering it shows some promise. Glad to hear the the premiere is a good one. I just hope Dale dies soon.

I think Darabont will be taking more control this season. He made the pilot, so this is a good thing. I agree that the episodes after the pilot weren't as good, but I still enjoyed them quite a bit.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
BattleMonkey said:
There shouldn't be any major big CG required shots in this series unless it deviates a ton from the comics (which is what they did with that silly CDC ending of last season).
Some of the CG splatters in S1 were pretty terrible.

quadriplegicjon said:
I think Darabont will be taking more control this season. He made the pilot, so this is a good thing. I agree that the episodes after the pilot weren't as good, but I still enjoyed them quite a bit.
Yeah, I'm really intrigued about the last six episodes. I expect an interesting change in terms of writting after Darabont's departure, probably keeping things closer to the spirit of the comic (even if the show deviates from it).

Funky Papa said:
Some of the CG splatters in S1 were pretty terrible.

Incredibly minor issue compared to attempting big CG spectacular sequences that just fall on their face. Practically all big hollywood films are sadly using CG blood nowadays too which never looks good.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
BattleMonkey said:
Incredibly minor issue compared to attempting big CG spectacular sequences that just fall on their face. Practically all big hollywood films are sadly using CG blood nowadays too which never looks good.
I honestly don't remember any major fuckup in that regard besides the hilariously bad sequence at the end of S1.

Just save the budget for real explosions, folks.

Funky Papa said:
I honestly don't remember any major fuckup in that regard besides the hilariously bad sequence at the end of S1.

Just save the budget for real explosions, folks.

Thats exactly what everyone is referring to when talking about the bad CG. It also sticks out when your show is only 6 episodes long and it's your finale.

With them cutting the shows budget and they already were using CG for various gore shots, I doubt you are going to see them splurging on explosions any time soon.

The pilot was amazing, and there were other good eps as well; saying the entire season sucked outside of the pilot is exaggerating. But the quality definitely dropped, and there were some BAD scenes in nearly every ep (like the two sisterss fishing....)

I haven't read the comics, but my perspective is different. Personally I really liked Dale lol. AMC had to do something that appealed to people regardless of whether they like zombies; personally, I hate nearly everything that has zombies in it. I think they went overboard by apeing the worst aspects of Lost, but there's certainly potential in their strategy if the writing is good

Septy

quadriplegicjon said:

Didn't they fire him recently?

Zabka

The first season went off the rails so bad I don't think I'm going to watch this. Pretty much everything that was added or changed stunk. Kirkman's lost the plot a bit on the comic too. It's a damn shame.

I'll sound like an echo and say the first series had potential but got awfully shit.

I hope this one is of a higher and more consistent standard.

Darabont fired? Oh man. Interest is kind of dropping :/

I guess I'll watch and enjoy (hopefully) the first half of season 2. I dunno what I'll do about the second half. Fucking AMC.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
ENzou.gif

OG Kush

Don't why so many ppl hating. must be the guys who read the comic book. shit always happens like this. maybe i was just too high whenever i saw the show but it came across to me as the most badass show in a while.

Sadist

Btw, heres hoping we won't receice an episode like the season finale. I like the show, I didn't mind the fact they gave some sort of explanation of how the "disease" works (which Kirkman never gave in the comics; different medium and all that) but please no more episodes like the CDC one. I mean, the scene at the end of episode with Rick
casually given the grenade by Carrol
was/is plain dumb.

The whole CDC inclusion felt way to forced anyway.

GavinGT

Banned
Sadist said:
Btw, here hoping we won't receice an episode like the season finale. I like the show, I didn't mind the fact they gave some sort of explanation of how the "disease" works (which Kirkman never gave in the comics; different medium and all that) but please no more episodes like the GDC one. I mean, the scene at the end of episode with Rick
casually given the grenade by Carrol
was/is plain dumb.

The whole GDC inclusion felt way to forced anyway.

You mean "CDC".

Unless they retconned it and that was actually the Game Developer's Conference they went to.

A couple quick things:

- AMC is going to rerun a marathon of all of S1 before the premiere on Sunday. The marathon will start at 2:30PM ET.
- Also, they posted some sort of avatar generator thing for those of you that might be interested.
Survivor? Zombie? With The Walking Dead Avatar Generator You Can Be Either or Both

The world is over. The dead have risen. It's time to suit up -- on Facebook, that is. AMC is giving you the chance to see what you'd look like as a zombie or a zombie-hunter with The Walking Dead's Spread the Dead Avatar Generator. Decide whether you're alive or undead, male or female, then get to work on constructing your virtual self with physical features, clothing and, in the case of the walkers, wounds. Sound fun? Then get started with this Walking Dead Facebook app today!

GavinGT said:
You mean "CDC".

Unless they retconned it and that was actually the Game Developer's Conference they went to.
With the popularity of zombie games, GDC might be the perfect place for survival strategies.

Grisby

GavinGT said:
Does this qualify for "Haters gonna hate" or "Deal with it" status?

Oh my god. If someone could gif the glasses falling down on Lincoln and the horse that'd be brilliant.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
S1 wasn't bad, but it did let the awesome pilot down.

I hope they explain in the first episode this season what the cast did between the end of Season 1 (Shit blows up, nearly everybody escapes) to the theme/rural house of Season 2. If they just jump ahead it's going to be really jarring for continuity.

Grisby said:
Ready and waiting.
e8fmx.jpg

Nice thread Corn, can't wait for the second season.

This is the best thing to come out of the show so far. Never tire of that pic, the fucking horse is sitting down with the dude!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Probably should catch up to S1 so i can get ready for this. (dropped it at episode 4). I hope this season is a improvement!

SteveWD40

Am hype, the trailer for S2 looked amazing with just the one scene (under the cars).

Still weird to see Egg from This Life as a small town Sheriff.

Wanace

Season 1 was pretty good, I especially enjoyed Darryl and some of the surprises that differed from the comics.

Daleface is iconic though, I'm sure we'll be getting a lot more of that. Hope that this season can gain a lot of momentum for the show.

Radec said:
Awesome.

Will re-watch Season 1 again this week.
If you don't mind waiting a little longer, they'll be running all six episodes of S1 next week right before the premiere of S2.

I'll probably do that now that I finally have AMC HD

I don't read the comic so whatever. S1 was pretty good. I loved the first episode I liked all the episodes in the department store. I didn't like the Vatos episode and the finale was really hit and miss; the self destructing CDC building was way ridiculous but I appreciated when they explained how the virus works.

I'm excited, probably won't be back here this thread is way to critical. Its a usual GAF bummer.

kaskade

I'm kind of bummed it's on the same time as Boardwalk empire. From the schedule it seems like they play the episode a second time though. Sunday is going to be an awesome day for TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom