• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Lufia (Estpolis) will be announced soon

neo2046

EDIT:

homepage
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/est/
Trailer 01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeYscQUHWnc
Trailer 02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rzyc3y3Rl8

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1229437_1124.html
according to Famitsu, new Lufia will be announced soon
the game will be developed by the original team and published by SQEX
details will be in the next issue of Famitsu

qhbyyngijl5mi41gds4b3ra.jpg

tn3kc11mjxvl9h65946vyu4.jpg

Well unless things have changed significantly, it isn't going to be a turn based RPG, and it makes me very sad.

I don't think, despite what neo is saying, that Neverland Co. is working on the game at all. I think Famitsu is wrong there.

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
Dragona Akehi said:
Well unless things have changed significantly, it isn't going to be a turn based RPG, and it makes me very sad.

I don't think, despite what neo is saying, that Neverland Co. is working on the game at all. I think Famitsu is wrong there.

Much, much sadness.

*sigh*

Perhaps better now than later.

Also, even if it is Neverland, I don't think the dungeon designer from Lufia 2 is there anymore, so it can't actually be the original team. I haven't seen him in the credits to any Neverland games since Lufia 2 was released in 1996.

The most I hope for from this project is that it gives SE a reason to finally put the Lufia games on virtual console.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
I hope they remake the third one and replace all of the stupid dungeons with real ones like Lufia 2, but I know it won't happen. Disappointment: here we go.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh my god

oH mY gOD

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

EDIT: I have Lufia 2 as my second best game ever created in human fucking kind history.

This is going to be amaziiiing

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
GET THE MOTHERFUCK OUT OF HERE

Dragona Akehi said:

No no no no no no, why does the OP say it's the original team then? It's not like they're doing anything interesting. They've realised playing with salad crops is boring and finally back on their A-game. IT HAS TO BE

GaussTek

Is there a reason why Neverland wouldn't be working on this game? Do they have another project or it is something related to the franchise rights?

Hey I could be wrong and they scrapped the original premise, which would make me exceedingly happy. I'm just not counting on it at all.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ActionRPG ala SD3 = Yes please.

Or just go identical to the system in Lufia 2.

ethelred

Dragona Akehi said:

Neverland does make pretty good action RPGs, though.

ethelred said:
Neverland does make pretty good action RPGs, though.

This is true. But, unless some miracle happened, I think Famitsu is wrong. Maybe they mean the original GBA Lufia (aka NOT a Lufia game) team is working on it? If it's Neverland Co., then things have actually changed... for the better.

Night_Trekker said:
Here's hoping is has some resemblance to the SNES classics.

I never played the GBA Lufia... I should probably pick that up sometime.

If you truly love the franchise...do yourself a favour and don't pick that game up.

GaussTek

Even if the dev team were the ones that made Lufia GBA, I don't see why it would be an Action RPG considering that (the GBA game) is still Turn-Based.

duckroll

Dragona Akehi said:
This is true. But, unless some miracle happened, I think Famitsu is wrong. Maybe they mean the original GBA Lufia (aka NOT a Lufia game) team is working on it? If it's Neverland Co., then things have actually changed... for the better.

Famitsu can't be wrong. They're just a mouthpiece for the PR provided to them by the publishers. It says specifically that the original staff members of the classic RPG Estpolis, released 15 years ago, is developing a brand new Estpolis game. No one said anything about Neverland, but yes the bulk of the "original staff" would be Neverland, so.... :p

I advice you don't throw a LOL-THEY-HAVE-TO-BE-WRONG fit again like you did when they announced FFIV DS :p

Gravijah said:
So basically I should still try out the old games, right?

Lufia 1 is a bit "archaic" in that it's completely an homage game to DQ. I love it. Lufia 2 was definitely a more ambitious and better designed game. So I'd play them in order.

duckroll said:
Famitsu can't be wrong. They're just a mouthpiece for the PR provided to them by the publishers. It says specifically that the original staff members of the classic RPG Estpolis, released 15 years ago, is developing a brand new Estpolis game. No one said anything about Neverland, but yes the bulk of the "original staff" would be Neverland, so.... :p

I advice you don't throw a LOL-THEY-HAVE-TO-BE-WRONG fit again like you did when they announced FFIV DS :p

I haven't seen the Famitsu text, just what Neo said. If it says that, it says that.

Dragona Akehi said:
If you truly love the franchise...do yourself a favour and don't pick that game up.

And that's why I haven't played it. I keep hearing things like this :lol

I'll continue to avoid it then. Though I did play and actually enjoy the GBC game, which I recognize is not actually a good game (cool battle system aside).

Tenbatsu

I remember when I was young, the owner of a gameshop where I frequent love the original Lufia to death. He was like playing it for a year, god knows how many times he completed the game.

duckroll

Dragona Akehi said:
I haven't seen the Famitsu text, just what Neo said. If it says that, it says that.

Of course, "original staff" could also mean some random Taito manager from the first game. :lol

ReyBrujo

I really liked the first one, specially because of the opening (never before a game _I had played_ let me start in the final battle). The pace is somewhat slow, and the amount of random encounters is a tad higher than in other games, but it was a pretty good experience overall. Unfortunately, never managed to play the second. If it is for DS, I will be picking it up!

Tamanon

Banned
Also remember Lufia 2 was almost one of the earliest random loot games on the console. You could get some wackily overpowered gear at random sometimes, even if it's just an overpowered IP ability.

Jonnyram

duckroll said:
Of course, "original staff" could also mean some random Taito manager from the first game. :lol
Famitsu wouldn't say that though - that would be a trick from the publisher.

I quite liked the "from the makers of Mr. Driller, comes this shittly PS3 puzzler, Qruton" myself.

Johann

manueldelalas said:
I hope they remake the third one and replace all of the stupid dungeons with real ones like Lufia 2, but I know it won't happen. Disappointment: here we go.

While a lot of people hate it for the randomized dungeons (and the consequent removal of the puzzle elements), Lufia 3 is my favorite installment. The game has an ingenious battle system and character growth system. It's some of the most in-depth mechanics I've seen in a RPG, let alone a handheld RPG.

duckroll

Jonnyram said:
Famitsu wouldn't say that though - that would be a trick from the publisher.

I quite liked the "from the makers of Mr. Driller, comes this shittly PS3 puzzler, Qruton" myself.

Famitsu would say it if the publisher/developer told them to say it. Like when they said Kunihiko Tanaka was the character designer for World Destruction.

Top Bottom