• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridge Racer Vita is "next gen"

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I don't like the idea of buying a game with very little content and then having to buy the DLC to get a long play time out of the game.

If that's next-gen, I'm out.

Amen to that brother. Namco's smokin crack with this release.

$h@d0w

A patch for Ridge Racer (1.03) was released recently. It's a 350MB+ download.

It now supports full English if your Vita is not set to Japanese and the frame rate has been "stabilised".

Also available are the first car and course DLC. Both car and course are free.

MANGOD

Banned
I remember seeing a demo vid for this ages ago where on the title screen you could mess around with the music by touching the screen etc. Is this in the full game?

Jimrpg

i don't mean to troll but I don't have a vita yet, and I've been playing ridge racer on the PSP as I never played it that much at launch - it still looks amazing and it's got 12 tracks (24 reversed).... i can't believe ridge racer vita has 3 tracks.... reminds me of the old days when arcade games have three tracks and that's all you would get on the home console version.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
i don't mean to troll but I don't have a vita yet, and I've been playing ridge racer on the PSP as I never played it that much at launch - it still looks amazing and it's got 12 tracks (24 reversed).... i can't believe ridge racer vita has 3 tracks.... reminds me of the old days when arcade games have three tracks and that's all you would get on the home console version.

Pick up the sequel, RR2 for PSP. One of if not THE best portable racing game....in history!

The idea of getting new ghost data and having yours uploaded every day isn't exactly new, Mario Kart 7 did that before Ridge Racer Vita and I'm sure if we look back many more games have done it.

isamu

What makes it so much better in your opinion? Also, PSP games are region free correct?

It has the complete collection of tracks from Ridge Racer 1-4, and a couple from 5, unlike the first PSP game. This makes it a must have for Ridge Racer completists such as myself :)

Top Bottom