• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Antti Raanta has returned to NY to be with his wife, who is due to give birth to their first child. Magnus Hellberg has been called back up again to take his place on the bench.

calder

I imagine a bunch of teams put in claims on Barberio. There was no way he was getting through.

Sounds like at least a few did based on twitter. I hope the Jets were one, if only because it would be actually insane if they weren't interested on a free huge upgrade on Mark Stuart

Cake Boss

Banned
@Citizenkwarren: Lazar in, Neil out. Borowiecki in, Claesson out

180px-WHY.jpg

Chris R

We welcome all moderately-competent waiver wire players to this dumpster fire.

And we are going to make some stupid team take Iginla off our ice for the rest of the year.

Can't wait to see which team we sucker into trading him to lol. Dude is past washed up.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Healthy scratches tonight are apparently going to be Pirri and Clendening. Because it's apparently BRANDON PIRRI'S fault that we gave up 6 goals in the last game and not anybody on the defense.

I wonder if the expansion draft is causing all this waiver activity. Let the pricier veteran go and play a draft-ineligible young player instead.

calder

49% is it? As pessimistic about Americans as I am, that surprised me. They've been played.

Happily, the support has noticeably softened the past few days. I'm going to optimistically assume that means that once they started really thinking about what it meant (and seeing it in action) people were realizing it was a tragic mistake.

Parch

Can't believe Habs Regular Mark Barberio is gone and for nothing
Yeah, I figured it was going to be tough to sneak him through waivers. Should have gambled with a forward.
The cap and expansion draft reasons probably had a big part in the decision.

For SDP listeners, there's some cringey shilling in the radio-half of the latest episode.

It sounds like the company line is that people don't like Paul Romanuk because the Leafs aren't good. And people didn't give Strombo a fair shot.

Don't know if it was mentioned but the Flyers brain dead of a coach decided to, after a game of putting less than 20 shots on goal in a game, to scratch two of the more offensive younger players you have in Ghost and Konecny. Yet players like AMac and VDV go blameless and never miss a game. I swear, I fucking want Hak gone.

Top Bottom