• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 Announced?

-viper-

Banned
I wonder who we'll play as.

I wonder if this is the last game in the series. I hope not. Despite hating Resistance 2 (single player), I still like the series and the epic alien invasion of the Chimera.

I hope the story, graphics, and music are better this time. I hope the guns have some feedback and proper sound. Shooting just never felt satisfying in R2, unlike KZ2 or even R1.

LQX

Statue of Liberty? I was just saying in that wish-list thread they should forget Europe and attack NY or some other US City.:lol

Dizzan

MINI Member
I'm confused.

Was this not meant for the public right now?

Is it just meant to be an ad in a movie that will be released after R3 is announced?

Did I just ask two questions in different tenses?

Ashhong

miked808 said:
Nice Catch! Gas is expensive down there.

the heck? thast below average for LA..

Dizzan said:
I'm confused.

Was this not meant for the public right now?

Is it just meant to be an ad in a movie that will be released after R3 is announced?

Did I just ask two questions in different tenses?

yes

Shurs

As I said in the other thread. I hope they go the open world route with drop in drop out Co-Op. An evolution of what they did in Resistance 2, spread into the single player campaign.

V_Ben

Banned
could be along the same lines as that prince of persia film poster in that bloody chick flick. you never know :lol

DigiMish

Those that think they're already advertising don't know how things work. The movie is probably a few months off. The general public was never supposed to see this advertisement this early.

By the time the movie hit theaters, an announcement should have already been made, and that's exactly what's going to happen. Expect Sony and Insomniac to be completely mum about this.

And I mean c'mon - it's not like anybody is surprised here. Insomniac is on a one game per year plan - taking turns between Ratchet and Clank and Resistance.

Dizzan

MINI Member
I loved the first two, especially the first but I hope that there is something new brought to the table for R3. Maybe integrated co-op in the story, or more open world, exploratory based. FPS are starting to become a little stale

i heard google maps will be rolling out brand new high resolution satellite technology soon. hopefully insomniac can get a hold of it before it's too late

Shurs

DigiMish said:
Those that think they're already advertising don't know how things work. The movie is probably a few months off. The general public was never supposed to see this advertisement this early.

And I mean c'mon - it's not like anybody is surprised here. Insomniac is on a one game per year plan - taking turns between Ratchet and Clank and Resistance.

I expect the movie, and Resistance 3, will come out in fall 2010.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Oh shit!! Statue of liberty!!!

This is really early to announce it though. Resistance 2 isn't even a year old.

I hate that Insomniac feels compelled to release a game once a year. I hope R3 gets some serious time in the oven and delivers something fresh.

jercruz

I wonder if Hale is still the star :D

I better start ramping up my playtime for R2... Just got the trophy for superhuman. I need to do a lot of online play to get platinum.

MikeE21286 said:
way to spend those marketing dollars wisely......a microcosm of how poorly PS3 titles have been marketed this gen....

Jesus christ! You too! DID YOU READ THE FUCKING THREAD? It's a fucking bannable offense!
This isn't an official announcement!! It's a billboard placed there to be advertised inside a movie that hasn't been released yet. By the time movie comes out, Resistance 3 ads will start rolling out.

After being so disapointed with Resistance 2's single player campaign, I'll keep an eye out for the game but i'm not near as hyped. R2 really ruined a lot of the mystery and intrigue setup in the R1 game. :(

Dizzan said:
I loved the first two, especially the first but I hope that there is something new brought to the table for R3. Maybe integrated co-op in the story, or more open world, exploratory based. FPS are starting to become a little stale

I actually want resistance 3 to be like retribution.

DigiMish

From wiki:

"Battle: Los Angeles revolves around a Marine staff sergeant (Eckhart) and his new platoon's battle against an alien invasion on the streets of Los Angeles."

Exciting. //sarcasm.

Top Bottom