• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You think you can create a better Mascot than Sonic the Hedgehog?

Broach

Banned
Well now you're in luck cause Sega is holding a "illustrate a mascot" competetion.

They are looking for a mascot for a show called "SEGA Raw" hosted by Nagoshi on Nico Nico Douga. Requirements are something that has a "SEGA" spirit.

The Rules:
Application Period: Open until June 9th 2013.
Picture Format Accepted: Any resolution in JPG, GIF, or PNG format no larger than 10MB.
Contest Tag: セガなまマスコットキャラコンテスト
URL: http://sega.jp/seganama-character/

How to enter:

Create a NicoNico account
Create your design of a mascot character that represents Sega.
Visit this page
Enter the following from top to bottom:
Upload your image.
Image Title
Image description
Tag: セガなまマスコットキャラコンテスト
Image type: キャラクター (6th selectable from the top)
Click the submit button (black button at the bottom)

Credits goes to Segabits

inb4 sonic recolors

kazebyaka

Banned
tumblr_md3addNfeH1ryzyswo2_500.jpg

i won

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I always wondered if Japanese artists made their own versions of ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL

A mascot that represents Sega? Okay, somehow i've got to throw together a design that embodies the qualities of Sonic, Football Manager and Total War.
I'm guessing Aliens has been dropped from this equation.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
A mascot that represents Sega? Okay, somehow i've got to throw together a design that embodies the qualities of Sonic, Football Manager and Total War.
I'm guessing Aliens has been dropped from this equation.

So a hedgehog in medieval armor holding a football coach's tablet?

So a hedgehog in medieval armor holding a football coach's tablet?

I was thinking of a Football Manager brandishing a spear and shield (adorned with the Sega logo) with hair styled like Sonic's Quills and also his trainers.
Such a majestic beast would be a one man army with supreme speed, strategy and combat prowess!

I would first need to step inside the mind of someone with a severe mental illness and observe their fascination with Sonic and his shitty friends.

1279333764854.png

PokéKong

All you have to do is make a character with the combined style, personality and charm of Barack Obama, Elvis Presley and the Easter Bunny.

Triple U

Banned
Yes that is what's happening.

Even though it totally should be what happens.
The only reason if agree that it should happen is that they've tainted the series so badly that its a mere shell of its former glory. Other than that, meh.
I would first need to step inside the mind of someone with a severe mental illness and observe their fascination with Sonic and his shitty friends.
Tails and knuckles are cool. I can tolerate shadow and I honestly don't know anything about the rest of them. But super sonic is literally the best thing to happen in video games.

Here's the thing. Mascot characters don't live and die by their design alone. Mario isn't exactly an appealing character, when you break it down, but his games are generally great so he's popular. Sonic would be a fine mascot if the games didn't suck.

Top Bottom