• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Sessler leaves G4/X-Play

RPGCrazied

I'd rather him go to gametrailers. Love for him to be the new voice of the video reviews. GaintBomb is ok I guess. They seem less serious and play around more, and Adam seems to be a pretty serious guy.

zroid

Banned
I'd rather him go to gametrailers. Love for him to be the new voice of the video reviews. GaintBomb is ok I guess. They seem less serious and play around more, and Adam seems to be a pretty serious guy.

I don't think he would fit in at GB any less than Tricky does.

CyReN

HUZsc.png

Kf7hX.gif

mrplaid

I always figured he kept his hair because of some kind of contractual BS. If you've ever seen him in person or pictures of him where he's not directly facing the camera, you could see that his hair was almost completely gone anyway.

Neiteio

I remember when G4 interviewed Reggie about the WiiU right after Ninty's conference, Sessler was the only one asking any questions worth a damn. While the other two clowns were like, "Reggie, lemme suck yo deek" (paraphrasing here), Sessler was all aggro with the hard journalistic questions: "1080P? IS IT 1080P, GOD DAMN YOU." That's how we got that confirmed, iirc.

In other words, Sessler does his job. Charming personality, too; I don't agree with him on everything, but he's a cool guy in my book. Best of luck to him!

I don't think many people on GAF do.

The Shane hate is pretty unwarranted. The guy is pretty reasonable whenever he's on Bonus Round and it rarely feels like he's pulling a fanboy for any particular system. Some journos that I absolutely adore definitely get overly enthusiastic about certain subjects, but at the end of the day, Shane - even on IW - comes off pretty even keeled. Maybe a little overbearing for some, but definitely fair.

zroid

Banned
I am perfectly ambivalent about Satterfield. Although, he did vote SMG2 for GOTY in 2010, so I like him for that. ;P

I haven't watched G4 since it became a COPS re-run network. Olivia Munn is gone, but I see Kevin Pereira is still on the network so thats......thats pretty much it

Holy shit I remember those days. I havn't pulled up Gamespot since they fired him for his review. So I'd hate to see Sessler go there. He deserves better. I'd rather see him go to GT.

Edit: FUCKING CHARTER AD messing up gaf.

Really? What review?

Always liked the guy and thought his reviews were fair/honest - Hope he lands on his feet!

You see, I've never really noticed this. AAA games get 5/5, everything else gets 4 or less. If it's Japanese it can't get higher than 3 unless it's super-hyped like FFXIII or Xenoblade Chronicles. X-Play's reviews have always been formulaic. Whether a game is good or not, I know how he's going to review it beforehand. It's the same problem that inundates the rest of the field.

You see, I've never really noticed this. AAA games get 5/5, everything else gets 4 or less. If it's Japanese it can't get higher than 3 unless it's super-hyped like FFXIII or Xenoblade Chronicles. X-Play's reviews have always been formulaic. Whether a game is good or not, I know how he's going to review it beforehand. It's the same problem that inundates the rest of the field.

Well, that's G4's reviews not his. And so you're saying only JRPG's that are popular here will get good review scores? That seems about right...

Big One

Banned
Adam Sessler doesn't review the games, he just hosts the show.

1-D_FTW

The Shane hate is pretty unwarranted. The guy is pretty reasonable whenever he's on Bonus Round and it rarely feels like he's pulling a fanboy for any particular system. Some journos that I absolutely adore definitely get overly enthusiastic about certain subjects, but at the end of the day, Shane - even on IW - comes off pretty even keeled. Maybe a little overbearing for some, but definitely fair.

I don't have issues with him either. Most of the guys gaf likes tend to really annoy me, so I guess I like somebody who's not waving pom-poms for one side or the other.

Slappers Only

I stood next to Morgan Webb for a very hot second in an elevator in Vegas last year.

Adam has always done us well. Looking forward to the next phase of his career.

zroid

Banned
I stood next to Morgan Webb for a very hot second in an elevator in Vegas last year.

Adam has always done us well. Looking forward the next phase of his career.

What was it like to see the infamous manjaw up close?
I'm only teasing, Gaf, relax

Slappers Only

What was it like to see the infamous manjaw up close?
I'm only teasing, Gaf, relax
It's incredible how vibrant and youthful she looks in person. Seemed to have a real pleasant disposition. And yeah, she does have a badass jawline, and that's cool with me.

Patryn

Kevin Pereira is leaving Attack of the Show.

Between this and Sessler, I'm guessing one of two things:

A.) G4 is about to have its image made-over once again. This is naturally something it's desperately needed, because I think it can be universally agreed that the whole imitation-flavor Spike thing isn't really working out.

2.) G4 is about to go out of business.

I just heard about this in the Kevin Pereira thread.

I haven't watched G4 in years but I'm also anticipating a channel make-over. Back to Tech TV

Kevin Pereira is leaving Attack of the Show.

Between this and Sessler, I'm guessing one of two things:

A.) G4 is about to have its image made-over once again. This is naturally something it's desperately needed, because I think it can be universally agreed that the whole imitation-flavor Spike thing isn't really working out.

2.) G4 is about to go out of business.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are slashing costs as much as possible. They probably will just hire a bunch of people fresh out of college to host their shows to stay afloat for the time being.

Top Bottom