• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New PS Vita - Available for Pre-Order tomorrow

plake

Not very surprising if true. Although I still believe the OLED on the OG Vita is worth the improvements of the new, slim one.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Blech. I don't want a Vita yet but don't want to be stuck with a crap screen. Hopefully it sees some deep discounts.

viveks86

Still waiting for the image…

EDIT: Nice! Looking forward to the reveal tomorrow. Hope OLED still lives. One can dream.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I thought it was known that they're announcing a release date for it tomorrow.

5Nhna2v.png

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/126...e-imminent-as-suggested-by-playstation-invite

Glass Rebel

Does it come with a price-drop? I might consider a second one for better battery life, NA account and local multiplayer.

LAA

Sorry about that, image is up now.

Sadly no mention of a release date. Just available for pre order tomorrow.

Blech. I don't want a Vita yet but don't want to be stuck with a crap screen. Hopefully it sees some deep discounts.

Is the screen really crap? I've seen some people saying it has less ghosting, better colors, and that overall the new one is an improvement. I'm torn if i should wait or not.

Eh, don't see the point in this to be honest. Would prefer a sane pricing model for the memory cards and a 64gb announcement for the UK/EU...

Mrbob

I'm starting to think this isn't the new Japan model. Otherwise why hold an event? We have already seen it.

todd360

I hope for a price drop. I'd consider trading in my vita for a new one if its cheap to do so. Still not sure if I want to lose dat OLED though.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Really hoping that the memory cards get a sensible price drop, it's literary only thing stopping me from buying a vita.

LAA

Not sure if I want the new Vita either tbh...

Its simply dat OLED..., plus pretty happy with the quality of the original Vita too.

Not sure whether I want to get a spare Vita 1000 for if my Vita now gets too scratched up to use, or get a slim one and perhaps keep both?

It's cheaper to manufacture. That's the point.

Price will still likely be higher than the £129 it costs to buy a new Vita right now or the £89 it costs to buy a used one. Unless it's going to be priced at £100 new, I don't see the point.

Would have been better to focus on sane pricing for the memory cards as well as releasing the 64gb over here.

Massa

I'm starting to think this isn't the new Japan model. Otherwise why hold an event? We have already seen it.

The UK press didn't get hands on with the new Vita.

Price will still likely be higher than the £129 it costs to buy a new Vita right now or the £89 it costs to buy a used one. Unless it's going to be priced at £100 new, I don't see the point.

I believe the MSRP is £170.

todd360

Really hoping that the memory cards get a sensible price drop, it's literary only thing stopping me from buying a vita.

I just use a 8gb and buy every game physical. Its just not worth going digital at those prices. Digital only is really nice on vita though because the game file sizes aren't huge.

I'm cool with my Vita 1000. I even kept my Phat PSP for so long the 3rd PSP had come out before I even thought of upgrading. Pretty sure I'll be doing the same for my Vita.

Still holding out a tiny bit of hope the delay was long enough for them to work the OLED into the 2000 model, after getting feedback. Because otherwise, from what I've heard, the 2000 is a step up in pretty much every single way.

I'll probably bite even if it has an LCD screen, especially if they drop the price. I'm overdue for a Vita. But there's always hope
to be crushed

Kyoufu

They did? Let's hope they do announce it tomorrow. I'm getting close to filling my 32gb and would like to buy a sensibly priced 64gb...

Sensibly priced Vita memory cards? I wish. My 16GB card is begging to be replaced, but last time I looked the 32GB was very expensive. Can't imagine the 64GB being anywhere near sensible.

Top Bottom