• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW G1 Climax 27 [OT] It's a Real-Life Tournament Arc!!!!!

did Kelly and Cyrus suddenly get good? They had a lot of passion on this first G1 show, and I enjoyed the commentary, which given the pairing with Cyrus had me ready to claw my eyes out last time I heard it, is saying something.

did Kelly and Cyrus suddenly get good? They had a lot of passion on this first G1 show, and I enjoyed the commentary, which given the pairing with Cyrus had me ready to claw my eyes out last time I heard it, is saying something.

They've always beem good for my perspective

tchocky

i gave up on them wk weekend around when Cyrus was perving, but he's kept the Jerry Lawler act to a minimum last night

WK was Steve Corino, I don't think Cyrus started until New Beginning. Cyrus does do the Lawler stuff a bit now and then but is mostly fine. Hopefully his voice recovers for the next show and tones down the anti-Yano stuff a bit.

WK was Steve Corino, I don't think Cyrus started until New Beginning. Cyrus does do the Lawler stuff a bit now and then but is mostly fine. Hopefully his voice recovers for the next show and tones down the anti-Yano stuff a bit.

oh, that's what i meant. I was a fan of the Corino Kelly pairing. Yeah, I didn't mind the Yano bit too much

Hasney

Think I climaxed at carious points during the last three matches. Brilliant how different they were with Ishii and Goto basically having to murder each other, Takahashi and ZSJ going for limbs (with ZSJ having that killer instinct at the end) and the main event just being bonkers. Wonderful.

Just watched Night 1 after missing it live. Amazing. Great matches all around but that main event, wow. Unreal match. Excited for the rest!

WHAT THE FUCK AT THE AVALANCHE PILEDRIVER

HOW IS THAT NOT THE FINISH

KICKED OUT THE DESTINO!!!!

WHASDFKLJASDFKLJSADFLKJ

got the second one

gahhhhhh

incredible

Ecliptor

LIJ vs LIJ, Chaos vs Chaos and Bullet Club vs Suzuki-gun were all really fun tag matches if you have time.

LIJ vs LIJ especially.
Thanks. I ended up watching the main event first because of all the good comments and then went back to watch all the tag matches. I'm gonna start the rest of the tournament matches now.

Just finished the 1st day.

What. The. Fuck. at the main event. That piledriver looked SOOOOOOOOO sketch holy shit.

Also, I was suprised by the Yoshi Hashi and Nagata match it was pretty fun!

Damn, Ibushi and Naito went crazy on each other. Those poor necks.

My only complaints are some brief moments of feeling spotty, like kicking out of a turnbuckle piledriver. It gave me flashbacks to Kendrick and Ibushi using the burning hammer but kicking out also. It's just unnecessary.

That fucking second Destino was money though!

Seijuro

Seen the show today. Great main event. Can't wait to see more Ibushi.
Just seen that he is up against Zack Sabre Jr on the 21st show. That should be an awesome match.

Syder

These might be the two best Destinos Naito has ever hit, that first one had me out of my seat.

4a5v7ei.gif

aJWixps.gif

Here's the card for the first night of Block B, from Korakuen, starting at 5:30AM EST/2:30AM PST

(1) Kota Ibushi & Hirai Kawato vs. Zack Sabre Jr. & El Desperado
(2) Togi Makabe, Yuji Nagata & Tiger Mask IV vs. Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii & Gedo
(3) Hiroshi Tanahashi & David Finlay vs. Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens
(4) YOSHI-HASHI & Jado vs. Tetsuya Naito & BUSHI
(5) G1 B BLOCK MATCH: Satoshi Kojima vs. Juice Robinson
(6) G1 B BLOCK MATCH: Michael Elgin vs. Tama Tonga
(7) G1 B BLOCK MATCH: EVIL vs. SANADA
(8) G1 B BLOCK MATCH: Kazuchika Okada vs. Toru Yano
(9) G1 B BLOCK MATCH: Minoru Suzuki vs. Kenny Omega

Jashobeam

G1 CLIMAX 27
DAY 2

THU. JULY. 20. 2017 | 18:30 (2:30 PDT) (5:30 EDT)

TOKYO - Korakuen Hall
t1500546600z1.png

1) Hirai Kawato, Kota Ibushi VS El Desperado, Zack Sabre Jr.
2) Tiger Mask, Yuji Nagata, Togi Makabe VS Gedo, Tomohiro Ishii, Hirooki Goto
3) David Finlay, Hiroshi Tanahashi VS Chase Owens, Bad Luck Fale
4) Jado, YOSHI-HASHI VS BUSHI, Tetsuya Naito

B Block Tournament Matches
5) Michael Elgin VS Tama Tonga
6) SANADA VS EVIL
7) Kazuchika Okada VS Toru Yano
8) Minoru Suzuki VS Kenny Omega

edit: Beaten like Ibushi in those gifs

Sheentak

G1 B BLOCK MATCH: Satoshi Kojima vs. Juice Robinson
Going with juice here sorry bread club but a early win will legitimise juice

G1 B BLOCK MATCH: Michael Elgin vs. Tama Tonga
Elgin needs some momentum and I see him as the Fale of the block.

G1 B BLOCK MATCH: EVIL vs. SANADA
SANADA, I feel like this could be his breakout G1.

G1 B BLOCK MATCH: Kazuchika Okada vs. Toru Yano
Yano with some Tom foolery that will make Okada look strong with a dirty finish. A good place for Okada to lose.

G1 B BLOCK MATCH: Minoru Suzuki vs. Kenny Omega

Even though Kenny's my boy I feel like Suzuki has the momentum and Kenny will win later matches

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why is okada in the G1 if hes the champ?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
As the kids say, Omega vs Suzuki is going to be "lit fam".

The kids say that still right? I'm down with the youths.

norm9

THese air times are crazy. I stayed up for the debut, but I'm cool with waiting till I get home from work the next day.

Hex

Banned
Caffeinated and showered , I think I am good now.
I want Sanada v Evil to steal the show, but Suzuki v Kenny will just be amazing.
Okada vs Yano will be fun.

Caffeinated and showered , I think I am good now.
I want Sanada v Evil to steal the show, but Suzuki v Kenny will just be amazing.
Okada vs Yano will be fun.

I think Kenny vs Suzuki is a really intriguing match because they wrestle with such different styles. I am sure it will be pretty amazing. Here is to hoping it turns out as good as Suzuki vs AJ from a few years back!

I always enjoy Yano's matches during G1. His match with Kenny last year was basically a DDT match in a NJPW ring so that is another one I am looking forward to.

Nekofrog

Banned
If only this had started two hours ago. I'll have to go to bed after the tag match. Maybe I'll take friday off just for the show tomorrow.

Top Bottom