• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF BayGaf

Perfect timing for this thread! I'll be going to SF for the first time on Sunday. I'll be in the Financial District for some training.

If you all were moving out of the state, what are the three things/places you would eat before you do? I'll do Yelp and Tripadvisor, but nothing like some good GAF advice for foodies.

NINERS!!!

Anyways, grew up in San Mateo County, specifically Millbrae. I haven't lived there since the 90's so every time I come back to visit it seems more and more foreign to me...

Strangely wouldn't mind a post-Super Bowl meet-up in the Bay. Part of me wonders how many of us it would take to demolish the Kitchen Sink challenge at the San Francisco Creamery in Walnut Creek.

Strangely wouldn't mind a post-Super Bowl meet-up in the Bay. Part of me wonders how many of us it would take to demolish the Kitchen Sink challenge at the San Francisco Creamery in Walnut Creek.

Bi-Rite > everything.

also Walnut Creek is pretty far from San Francisco.

Al-ibn Kermit

Walnut Creek is not far from SF, about a half Hour during non-rush hour

but then again those of you that live in SF think the other parts of the bay are apart of another world sometime

Well I live down in santa cruz, just kind of weird that the San Francisco Creamery would be up in Walnut Creek.

Acid08

Banned
I was in town a couple weeks ago with a Baltimore Ravens fan. I'm surprised he didn't get shanked.

Anyway, I absolutely LOVE San Francisco. I live in Monterey about 2 hours away and would visit probably every weekend if I could afford it.

Monterey is a great city, love visiting there and Santa Cruz.

I had 8 friends at it and some of them were down for the count before we even finished. I, of all people, was the last one eating everything up.

GKWzr7H.gif

SCjnMMy.gif

zOysF8q.gif

Bi-Rite > everything.

also Walnut Creek is pretty far from San Francisco.

Bi-Rite is indeed awesome, but they have no stupid food challenge lol.

Well I live down in santa cruz, just kind of weird that the San Francisco Creamery would be up in Walnut Creek.

I'd be down for Marianne's Ice Cream, love that the junior is like the size of two regular scoops anywhere else. I miss Santa Cruz...

I had 8 friends at it and some of them were down for the count before we even finished. I, of all people, was the last one eating everything up.

GKWzr7H.gif

SCjnMMy.gif

zOysF8q.gif

Amazing pics...

Egnirys

I'd be down for Marianne's Ice Cream, love that the junior is like the size of two regular scoops anywhere else. I miss Santa Cruz...

In my opinion, Penny Ice Creamery > Marianne's but Penny's flavors rotate everyday depending on what they make and what's available.
I like visiting Santa Cruz, but I'm not fond of living here. It's too laid back for me and there are too many tourist trap shops. I normally go over the hill every weekend to visit my fiance and go out for food that isn't burgers or pizza.

I like visiting Santa Cruz, but I'm not fond of living here. It's too laid back for me and there are too many tourist trap shops. I normally go over the hill every weekend to visit my fiance and go out for food that isn't burgers or pizza.

That was the main problem when I was going to UCSC, I really felt like I was truly in a bubble. It wasn't until I had my car that I spent most of my time over the hill and was free to actually reconnect with civilization that wasn't "college town" living.

Mountain View

Sunnyvale here

I'd be down with getting a gafout going on.

Superbowl weekend is gonna be insane, but I have a huge ass tv to watch it on. Though I might be tempted to check out the game at one of the local movie theater's that's gonna be showing the game on the big screen. Or a bar depending on the crowd. I don't go to SJ or Oaktown bar's you're likely to end up with something happening to ya.

I'm a bayarea transplant, I came from across the pacheco pass and never looked back. Never in a million year's did I think I would get out from the san joaquin valley and it's horribly oppressive summers. Now if the mood catch's me I can just hop on the 17 and go to Santa Cruz. Or if I feel adventurous go to napa/sonoma area. There's so much to do and lots of stuff to see. And in the few year's I've been here I keep finding things to surprise me.

Blearth

Banned
The only two cities I've ever lived in are San Francisco and Daly City.

Currently living right by Balboa Park. Mission Terrace represent, boy!

wario

down for a meetup anywhere in the bay. i'd prefer not to have it superbowl weekend though. it's gonna be crazy packed everywhere.

so what's the usual meeting spot for these kind of things? bar/pub/lounge? some one say ice cream earlier? a gaf meetup at bi-rite creamery? haha

Wads

Banned
Perfect timing for this thread! I'll be going to SF for the first time on Sunday. I'll be in the Financial District for some training.

If you all were moving out of the state, what are the three things/places you would eat before you do? I'll do Yelp and Tripadvisor, but nothing like some good GAF advice for foodies.

Go to sausalito espresso on beale St for breakfast. Their breakfast burritos are awesome.I eat there just about everyday.Its right off market in the financial district.

Fjordson

Ohh, didn't see this thread until now.

Was born in England, but San Francisco has been my only home ever since I left 7 years ago. Absolutely love being here in the Bay Area thus far.

If we talking bfast in the city you should try Red's Java house. There's nothing like having a chorizo and egg bfast at the base of the bay bridge. Whilst drinking an "anchorchino" at 7am hearing all the honking of pissed off motorist.

Any place that uses liquid nitrogen to make icecream is awesome! Cold Stone Creamery had it all wrong. I'm gonna have to find this place and get me some.

If you want another good local bay area ice cream try three twin's. I love the "Dad's Cardamom" it's such a strange flavor but it tastes delish.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I lived in Alameda for 3 years. I met my wife there. Loved Alamed, except that it was very close to some of the shittiest parts of Oakland and they'd sometimes come over and cause trouble. Not to mention the fact that it always seemed like Oakland was look for a reason to riot. Though, my statement is a tiny bit sweeping as Oakland is big as hell. Once I moved away from the Bay Area, I started to miss it a lot. There is so much to see and do their, especially if you like arts, music, beer, wine, etc.

I used to be in SOMA, but I moved to nob hill. When I'm rich and awesome I'll move to the clocktower by the giants stadium. I pretty much spend my days arguing with people on the internet.

Fentons will forever be my fav (it's in Oakland). It's so awesome it's even featured in a Pixar film.

tumblr_m5vw3k2L371qzme8co1_1280.jpg

I keep telling myself to make it out there, but i'll end up at some fried chicken and waffle place instead.

Humphry Slocombe aint so bad either, but I've only had their Vietnamese Iced Coffee flavor and banana flavor.

Also to those meeting the best thing to do is to see who is available and in what region. The last one I went to was in Berkeley on Shattuck, we went from one bar to a pool hall and it was really fun.

Egnirys

Dear god do I miss Fenton's. I use to work in Oakland and at times the entire office would skip out on getting real food for lunch and we'd go to Fenton's instead. I also miss Sushi House in Alameda. Their bay scallop roll is heavenly.

Top Bottom