• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Birds Space |OT| Deal With It

I don't really like Angry Birds at all. The regular one.

But this seems much more interesting, with much more puzzle components, that give more space (no pun intended) for tactic and lateral thinking.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I like the Mario level. Hit the top stone and a pig drops out then moves along like a mushroom, hit the others and turnips and tomatoes fall put. Haha.

Yi12t.jpg

Majanew

Banned
Just downloaded for free on my Android. I've had my smartphone for a year and just tried Angry Birds for the first time a few days ago. Not into mobile gaming, but Angry Birds is pretty addicting.

kaskade

Think I'll get the iPad version. I just want to see how pretty it looks on the big hi res screen. I carry my iPod with me more though. I wish they would use iCloud so I can go back and forth.

Rovio not using icloud is rather dumb, but so is charging for per use of the mighty eagle, which is more annoying to use now and retrying a level after using an eagle (and missing your target) still uses one up.

Fox Mulder

For a franchise that gets shit on for casual appeal and lazy design, rovio really goes for great production value. I like the improved animation on little things like backgrounds and new expressions on the pigs faces. The music and sound effects are also great for the space theme, the bomb bird makes an appropriately deep bwhaaaam noise right from a sci fi movie.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Like a dumbass I didn't read that I would need a US iTunes account to download Angry Birds Space off of FreeMyApps. If I make a US account will it let me sync apps from both my accounts to my iPhone or what?

Pastry

Banned
Angry Birds Space is a lot of fun so far and the added gravity mechanics definetly make this feel more like a sequel than Rio or Seasons.

I agree. It's 2012 folks. It's the exact same game on both devices.

I'm fine with paying them $3 for the iPad version, and $1 for the phone version, but let me sync my progress and high scores.

Sword and Sworcery did it right. There is a more expensive universal version and then a cheaper iPhone only version.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
GG, Vita.

Seriously, is this just more of the same? I grew bored of AB after 100 levels.

Like a dumbass I didn't read that I would need a US iTunes account to download Angry Birds Space off of FreeMyApps. If I make a US account will it let me sync apps from both my accounts to my iPhone or what?

When you have to update just change accounts. ITunes also can synch various accounts at once with one device.

GG, Vita.

Seriously, is this just more of the same? I grew bored of AB after 100 levels.
Many new mechanics in this one. It is not a cash in, like Seasons and Rio. Get it.

is freemyapps legit ? really thinking about doing with for my mom

Yeah. I've gotten a bunch of apps from it. You do need a US account though. Also, if you own multiple iDevices, you can get even more since it tights to the device ID instead of the Apple ID.

Top Bottom