• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive online pedophile ring (incl infants) busted in Norway with 150 TB+ of data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning: not for the faint of heart....this is absolutely sickening stuff.

Massive paedophile ring uncovered by police in Norway after arrest of 51 men
internetpic.gif

Police in Norway have filed charges against 51 men suspected of involvement in a massive paedophile ring.

Authorities seized 150 terabytes (150,000 gigabytes) of data, including photos, videos and chat transcripts between members of various paedophile networks.

Known as ‘Dark Room’, the police operation revealed sexual assaults against children as young as babies, according to The Local.

“The material shows the abuse of children of all ages, including infants,” Hilde Reikrås, head of Operation Dark Room, said at a news conference.
“The material shows, among other things, the penetration of toddlers, children being tied up, children having sex with animals and children having sex with other children.”

All of the men arrested live in Norway, but police confirmed they were investigating one individual living abroad. It is considered one of the largest sexual abuse cases ever in the country.

Ms Reikrås said those detained had met each other on the dark net; an ungoverned space online where users can surf with more anonymity.

One of the men who was awaiting the birth of his child with his girlfriend discussed plans to sexually abuse the baby once it was born, police said.
Some of those detained had live-streamed abuse of their own children. Those arrested include two elected officials, one teacher and a lawyer.

Norwegian police reportedly began their investigation after a tip-off from the FBI.

The 51 facing charges can receive a maximum sentence of 15 years in prison.
Great work by Norwegian police forces and the FBI.

Purdy

15 years is pathetic, especially for those alluding too or having abused their own or any children.

Fucked up weirdos

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
15 years is pathetic, especially for those alluding too or having abused their own or any children.

Fucked up weirdos
This. Two decades at the very least and that's being generous, these fucks are despicable.

Chariot

One of the men who was awaiting the birth of his child with his girlfriend discussed plans to sexually abuse the baby once it was born, police said.
I know this isn't worse that everything else, because that shit is already at maximum worse, but this line in particular makes me sick. These people shouldn't be allowed to have children in the future.

I know this isn't worse that everything else, because that shit is already at maximum worse, but this line in particular makes me sick. These people shouldn't be allowed to have children in the future.

They shouldn't be allowed to live in a free society at all.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
It disgusts me to know that there's enough of that shit out there to make 150TB of data

qcf x2

They need to extradite those dudes to American prisons. I know that doesn't really qualify as extradition, but they need 15 yrs MINIMUM in Rikers.

Also with all that data you know they were supplying people globally. I hope they all get caught and all do real time in real prison.

Jokab

It should be noted that the maximum sentence in Norway is 21 years, so a much higher sentence was not possible. That said I agree they should have gotten 21 years.

Harmen

Fucking hell this disturbs and angers me to no end. The sentence is pathetically short given how many entire lives they have ruined.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I read shit like this and death penalty crosses my mind. Jesus Christ. Maybe death is too good.

So fucked.

Symphonia

Banned
It disgusts me to know that there's enough of that shit out there to make 150TB of data
Exactly my thoughts. I can't wrap my head around that figure, it's disgusting. And to think that some poor soul had to go undercover and expose themselves to this? Just...I would literally kill myself if I was an officer put undercover on something like this.

whitehawk

Banned
Some of those detained had live-streamed abuse of their own children. Those arrested include two elected officials, one teacher and a lawyer.
i said holy shit, elected officials. Despicable.

ShyMel

These men are beyond redemption. 15 years is chump change, especially considering how many children were exploited, assaulted, and raped for there to be 150TB of it.

_Ryo_

15 years aint enough. Also 150TB of data between only 51 people? Or am I reading that incorrectly. Doesn't matter. lock em up, throw away the key.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Exactly my thoughts. I can't wrap my head around that figure, it's disgusting. And to think that some poor soul had to go undercover and expose themselves to this? Just...I would literally kill myself if I was an officer put undercover on something like this.

I'd be scarred, once I have kids they wouldn't be allowed anywhere.

kswiston

In principle, I think Norway has the right idea with their approach to prison sentencing, but I am not sure child rapists participating in these sorts of online communities are ever safe to release back into the public.

I'd be scarred, once I have kids they wouldn't be allowed anywhere.

It's mostly relatives, friends of the parents, and authority figures who abuse kids. Not just random pedos roaming the street in their pedo vans. That's why preventing abuse can be so hard.

jackal27

Banned
15 years what the hell.

These guys don't stop after 15 years. Put them away forever.

Also, good on the FBI for the tip off. Now if they could just bust the rings of elected officials here in their own territory, that'd be great.

Kthulhu

But..but we should be trying to understand them, and show empathy.

Except we actually should. These people need psychological treatment. No sane person would do these things.

The Norwegian prison system is extremely effective and short terms compared to other countries because they actually treat the prisoners like people and try and help them get better.

Miles X

I'm usually quite open minded about discussions and punishments on all types of crimes, but in this case. Just destroy them, like ferel animals. They'll never change, they'll always be a threat and what they've done is up there with the worst of humanity.

Just get rid.

Jokab

Except we actually should. These people need psychological treatment. No sane person would do these things.

The Norwegian prison system is extremely effective and short terms compared to other countries because they actually treat the prisoners like people and try and help them get better.

Yep totally agreed. It has one of the lowest recidivism rates in the world for this exact reason.

jelly

Yikes, that's horrific and quite a lot of people. Hope they catch others around the world because it can't just be them. I wonder what leads them down that road, abused themselves or just a bit screwed up somehow.

Symphonia

Banned
Based on what I've read of late, it seems like the perfect fucking place.

People like you enable these scum.
There's a difference between those who have offending thoughts and those who act upon those thoughts. I'm not enabling them - and I strongly suggest you refrain from accusing me of such acts - merely trying to point out that there are people out there who have negative thoughts about children (though would never act on it) but genuinely want help. Those are the ones we should try to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom