• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stephen King's IT |OT| He thrusts his fists and then he posts (Unmarked spoilers)

_Ryo_

no need for spoilers. its in the OP.

This movie is the kids movie.

If I understand it correctly...

This film is only the children sequences, but a part II is going into production immediately, to feature the adult stuff.

Just the kids. Adults will be part 2. (Not a spoiler - it's been part of the pitch since the beginning)

Thanks for the info. Also just finished reading the Q&A. Good call on the sewer scene removal.

Is the second film even written yet? Last I'd read the screenplay didn't exist, but that was a quarter or two ago.

Shit, that's a good question.

I bet someone's working on it right now, or has been for the last month or so, when it became apparent this was going to make bank and it probably didn't matter how well it reviewed.

I'll have a two or three sentence (maybe paragraph if I feel strongly) review about it tomorrow evening/Thursday morning. Sneak peeks are fun!

I bought a few pallets worth of yellow rain jackets. Hoping to sell for premium in the next few week leading up to Halloween when people are too lazy for costume ideas/wait till the last minute.

javac

I bought a few pallets worth of yellow rain jackets. Hoping to sell for premium in the next few week leading up to Halloween when people are too lazy for costume ideas/wait till the last minute.

I just bought a nice expensive yellow parka for myself and soon after realised the horrible timing I have, damn it.

bitbydeath

OP has a blatant falsehood in the middle where it suggest the miniseries is at all worth a shit outside of Curry's performance.

It's trash. Not at all worth your time.

I'm actually sorta envious of people for whom this film will be their first IT adaptation.

That's not true at all, the kids scenes were all fantastic as well and mini-series overall had many great actors like Jonathan Brandis (The neverending story), Seth Green and John Ritter.

That's not true at all, the kids scenes were all fantastic as well and mini-series overall had many great actors like Jonathan Brandis (The neverending story), Seth Green and John Ritter.

It's absolutely true. Just because Jonathan Brandis and Seth Green were in it doesn't mean they did a good job in it. The director stranded em, as he stranded basically everyone who was in the thing, outside of Tim Curry, who just steamrolled everyone and everything with his personality and presence.

It was a poor choice for a miniseries, poorly directed on top of that. It should have never been on broadcast television in the first place, especially not in that form. It's an ugly, flat, bland, lifeless thing, which IT should never be.

(plus that music is awful.)

bitbydeath

It's absolutely true. Just because Jonathan Brandis and Seth Green were in it doesn't mean they did a good job in it. The director stranded em, as he stranded basically everyone who was in the thing, outside of Tim Curry, who just steamrolled everyone and everything with his personality and presence.

It was a poor choice for a miniseries, poorly directed on top of that. It should have never been on broadcast television in the first place, especially not in that form. It's an ugly, flat, bland, lifeless thing, which IT should never be.

They didn't just do a good job, they did a fantastic job, Jonathan especially. Tim Curry did not massively outshine them either, completely disagree with everything you wrote.

I've seen two trailers and that's more than enough. Really don't need to see any more of it. Tomorrow at midnight I'm seeing it in the cinema here and man I'm really looking forward to it. Please don't suck!

Voror

Is that rhyme of Bill's in the film actually? It's been years since I read the book so I can't remember if it was a thing in both parts or more on the adult side.

Cth

I could have swore they had January targeted for the completion of the script?

EDIT:
Yep. Probably start getting some suggestions floated for cast as people start circling the script.

They didn't just do a good job, they did a fantastic job, Jonathan especially. Tim Curry did not massively outshine them either, completely disagree with everything you wrote.

All the children were bad, not as bad as their adult counterparts, but awful regardless. Don't know what movie you watched.

Majmun

Loved the book. Also liked the tv series, but it aged really bad imo

Can't wait to see the movie today. First screening is airing at 11:59PM, and I'll be there.

Toa TAK

Banned

Tim Curry is worth all the pain, though.

Can't wait for another great adaptation of a Stephen King classic just like The Dark Tower!

Fukunaga (True Detective S1, Beast of no Nation) screenplay versus 'man who wrote the script for The Fifth Wave'... (and Akiva Goldsman for good measure)

It's not even a competition, man. Sony getting steamrolled, Maximum Overdrive style.
I love that shot.

To get in the mood for tomorrow night I'm gonna watch a clown movie. I've seen the movie Clown before and really liked that and now I'm gonna give Stitches a chance.

eso76

All the children were bad, not as bad as their adult counterparts, but awful regardless. Don't know what movie you watched.

I think Brandis and Green were rather good.
Adults were mostly awful, looked like a case of bad directing mostly, as they appeared to have no idea what they were supposed to do.

Still the mini series has this weird charm to it...

Spoo

Quite excited to see this on Thursday. Managed to convince a few friends and family to get in on it.

Is this a hard reboot or what? I saw the original ages ago, should I watch it before seeing the new one or no?

I don't know, is it?

tumblr_mwqahaR91Q1rh2tw8o1_400.gif

Top Bottom