• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Factor 5 reacquires Turrican license (Interview with Factor 5 founder)

A new released Interview with Julian Eggebrecht, Co-Founder from Factor 5 (Star Wars Rogue Leader, Turrican,...).

It's in german but here are some things he said:

-Switch is performance wise between Wii U and Xbox One
-developing is as easy or even easier than on PS4
-all modern GPU Standards
-they got all rights back and Factor 5 is alive (Turrican!!)

Edit: all Turrican rights. NOT Star Wars :(

Maybe a new Turrican for Switch???

Here is the link to the Interview (begins after 20 minutes).
http://www.spieleveteranen.de/

And if Julian reads that...
DANKE DANKE DANKE und bitte veröffentlicht doch die Rogue Squadron Trilogie für Switch! ;)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Rogue Squadron Trilogy on Switch would be great. Also great to hear that they are doing better again - the Interview on IGN Voicechat podcasts a while back was amazing to listen to. One of the best episodes.

But yeah it being between WiiU and One is pretty much known.
Which is what is expected no?
Yeah.

Scum

jose.png

Hoo-doo

Banned
This means exactly nothing, because the divide between the Wii-U and the Xbox One is absolutely vast.

If you take it off the dock, the thing is basically a more modern handheld Wii-U. Dock it and it pushes a bit more power to up the rendering resolution to 900p or even 1080p. That's basically it.

I mean this is obvious right.

It has to be better than the wii u even slightly cause it runs Zelda at a higher rez but it aint as good as ps4 cuz of the downgrades in DQ Heroes and x1 is close to ps4.

Bluth54

Oh damn, I would LOVE Rogue Squadron on the NS! Don't want to get hyped....

Considering EA has the Star Wars license and they seem to be releasing the bare minimum number of games they can release with the Switch it's probably a good idea not to get hyped at the idea of any Star Wars game on the Switch

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Switch performance is somewhere between a TI - 82 and the large hadron collider.

Oreiller

But I thought The Last of Us couldn't run on the switch!
some people on this board have actually argued that...

Branduil

A new released Interview with Julian Eggebrecht, Co-Founder from Factor 5 (Star Wars Rogue Leader, Turrican,...).

It's in german but here are some things he said:

-Switch is performance wise between Wii U and Xbox One
-developing is as easy or even easier than on PS4
-all modern GPU Standards

Edit: all Turrican rights. NOT Star Wars :(

Maybe a new Turrican for Switch???

Here is the link to the Interview (begins after 20 minutes).
http://www.spieleveteranen.de/

And if Julian reads that...
DANKE DANKE DANKE und bitte veröffentlicht doch die Rogue Squadron Trilogie für Switch! ;)

Talk about burying the fucking lede.

Turrican3

I understand there is (or was?) some bad blood between Factor5 and Manfred Trenz... but a brand new Turrican with the involvement of both - and Chris Huelsbeck by the way - would be nice.

plufim

Somewhere between a NES and a supercomputer then.

......anyway, would love to see what they can do with it. They made the gamecube do incredible things.

Not everyone.

Plus this guy has a lot of credibility with h0ardware as his former studio were tech geniuses.
I dunno, after last gen he completely lost his credibility for me.

It's clear that he will say anything if he's paid to say it.

Edit: Not that I disagree with switch being more powerful than the Wiiu, just regularly speaking about his credibility.

jdstorm

Banned
Considering EA has the Star Wars license and they seem to be releasing the bare minimum number of games they can release with the Switch it's probably a good idea not to get hyped at the idea of any Star Wars game on the Switch

Honestly, assuming someone else mostly fitted the bill this would be perfect for EAs wants and needs on the Switch.

They get to test the market for their IP at minimal cost to themselves while avoiding a costly Frostbite port.

I dont think it will happen. But theoretically it somewhat makes sense.

Top Bottom