• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

hadareud

The Translator
Did the same on Friday.

I'm quite happy with the Note 8, it's a great phone. Android has also come a very long way in the last few years and with the Microsoft launcher it's quite nice to use. I'd still come back in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself, which it won't.

gamz

Did the same on Friday.

I'm quite happy with the Note 8, it's a great phone. Android has also come a very long way in the last few years and with the Microsoft launcher it's quite nice to use. I'd still come back in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself, which it won't.

That foldable Surface might come next year. Don't lose hope.

hadareud

The Translator
If it really has a holographic display as rumoured, I can't see it happening before 2019.

Of course, by that time progressive web apps might have taken off and it could be a viable option.

Nero3000

Resetting my 950 for my dad (currently on my old 930) - wow the bezels seem huge and screen small (coming from Note 8).

Oh the Iris sensor on the Note 8 is mint. I use it so much more than the finger print sensor (that may be conditioning from the 950 though).

Went for a Nokia 8 as it is only £400 in the UK at the moment. Zune HD, surface 2 and windows phone. Done with Microsoft. A surface phone wouldn't change anything at this point.

Anyway a few things that are annoying me about android so far.
- Why doesnt android read aloud incoming text messages over bluetooth in my car?
- Why no forward/back swipe in Chrome?
- Why do I need to press confirm when entering my pin, one extra needless press.
- Why does Facebook not contact sync pictures?

Other than the above I'm liking the much quicker and more up to apps and the ability to customise everything. Already moved chromes url bar to the bottom for example.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
It was funny seeing a Windows Phone is the last episode of Brooklyn Nine Nine. Not sure why they're still doing product placement. Although only the screen/UI was shown, not the device name.

hwalker84

So I've been with the iPhone for a few years and wanted to wash myself of Apple every once in awhile so I bought a Lumia 950 XL as backup device the other day. It's used but was mislabeled as a 950 and came with the dock and everything.

Now brings me to my question. Everytime I buy used makes me realize how much I hate used stuff. The phone is really scratched and I was wondering if anyone knows an extremely cheap way to get the screen fixed?

Nikodemos

Not really, as far as I know, unfortunately. I think you can have it polished, but only very fine scratches will truly disappear.
A screen film would be the cheapest, but that does nothing about the visual aspect.

Top Bottom