• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lionhead Video Diary 6 (Fable II)

SamVT

So finally, it's here. It's taken quite a while but the latest in the Lionhead Video Diaries is now available for download from our site and the Xbox Live Marketplace!

Furiously scribbling away and glued to their monitors all day, Lionhead’s artists are light at heart but hard at work on the Xbox 360 exclusive “Fable 2,” the highly-anticipated sequel to the best-selling Xbox exclusive “Fable.” In Episode 6, the team shares their thoughts on the importance of concept art and technical animations in the creation of “Fable 2” and challenges that they must overcome. In a game that allows players to truly live the life they choose, where every choice continually defines who the character becomes, the art of morphing the hero also cannot be missed. Hear the artistic crew explain the morphing of the hero and customization features that will be expanding leaps and bounds beyond the scope and depth of the original Xbox classic. The lads on the team also take a break from their desks to answer the question: “What would you do if you were a woman for a day?” To see what kind of zany responses they concocted, head over to Xbox LIVE Marketplace to download the video diary.

Check out Episode 6 at http://www.lionhead.com/diaries/ and on Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

Hope you like. :D

SamVT

Nha it's the same bandwidth (i.e. all microsoft servers) but the number of downloads is a factor to take into account to measure 'success' by my overlords. So Marketplace downloads are good for that, if I want to continue making them....

Oh and that other video Vinterbird is never going to be released hahahaha.... :D

SamVT said:
Nha it's the same bandwidth (i.e. all microsoft servers) but the number of downloads is a factor to take into account to measure 'success' by my overlords. So Marketplace downloads are good for that, if I want to continue making them....

Oh and that other video Vinterbird is never going to be released hahahaha.... :D
Ah, in that case I'll download it off marketplace later on as well. We can't have enough of these!

SamVT

Thanks Banzaiaap, quite a bit of snippets of information in this video.

Anyone notice Peter writing something in his black book (it's in the intro). :D

SamVT said:

Yep, tried to screencap it.. Photoshop started acting up, ill try again. (Had some nice information! :p)

Edit: I've never had this much trouble trying to get a screenshot from a video, it's all acting weird.. When i do a prnt scrn and paste it in Photoshop and close down the video player, the playwindow from the video player turns black in the screenshot.. :lol

pr0cs

SamVT said:
downloads is a factor to take into account to measure 'success' by my overlords. So Marketplace downloads are good for that, if I want to continue making them....
Great video, will watch the HD version on Marketplace as I just watched the streamed one this morning.

The one fellow that was talking about "adding polish to the male hero" has an insane amount of toys at his/their desk. Crazy.
Inspiration I guess.

DarkJC

Banzaiaap said:
Yep, tried to screencap it.. Photoshop started acting up, ill try again. (Had some nice information! :p)

Edit: I've never had this much trouble trying to get a screenshot from a video, it's all acting weird.. When i do a prnt scrn and paste it in Photoshop and close down the video player, the playwindow from the video player turns black in the screenshot.. :lol

Does your video player not support screencaps? Mine has an option build into the player to just take a capture of the current frame.

jet1911

SamVT said:

206lkxv.jpg

Loved the video. :D

DancingJesus said:
All I got from that cap was the word October boxed. October release?! :lol

N
Build ??Stabeltys??
Fitting on D.V.D. Can't ?...?
Planning on size

F2 (Fable 2) accepting ?CliH?
??Sacrhong?? $750.

?Deception? ...???
October

Lol decyphering Peter's writing is fun :p

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone tell me if this vid is SFW, as far as language?

Cocopjojo said:
Can someone tell me if this vid is SFW, as far as language?

Yea it's safe. Pretty harmless.

Edit: I do have to say this game looks a bit rough around the edges for a game that would be released in October. The framerate is still not locked and animations/combat look a bit wonky. Hope it pulls together soon.

pr0cs

Banzaiaap said:
N
Build ??Stabeltys??
Fitting on D.V.D. Can't ?...?
Planning on size

F2 (Fable 2) accepting ?CliH?
??Sacrhong?? $750.

?Deception? ...???
October

Lol decyphering Peter's writing is fun :p

Build Stability
Game Fitting on DVD Can't XXX
Planning on Size
Fable 2 accepting Cliff
Sacrificing $750
Detention ??

Can't tell if there is anything worthwhile in the EULA / Product information sheet in the background.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
I think maybe it says "cont." like "continue."

Did I understand the last part right, that when you die it's not game over, but you use part of your experience points to win the fight anyway?

pr0cs said:
Build Stability
Game Fitting on DVD Can't XXX
Planning on Size
Fable 2 accepting Cliff
Sacrificing $750
Detention ??

Can't tell if there is anything worthwhile in the EULA / Product information sheet in the background.

I think its suppose to say ' Game Fitting on DVD Cant Interfere :)

Overall, it looked good,but I don't know about the "last heroic push" idea that they were talking about. It seems like it would make the game too easy.

EDIT: So Fable 2 in October, release date announced during E3?

BrokenSymmetry said:
Did I understand the last part right, that when you die it's not game over, but you use part of your experience points to win the fight anyway?
That's what I understood of it as well. That you use some exp for a extra energy burst to make a heroic comeback.

jet1911

BrokenSymmetry said:

IIRC in the first previews of the game it was either you lose XP to make a comeback or you get beat up for a certain amount of time and then get up but with bruises and scars.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
snack said:
Overall, it looked good,but I don't know about the "last heroic push" idea that they were talking about. It seems like it would make the game too easy.
Eh, I don't know. Maybe. I used to play a MUD back in the day, and when you died you only lost EXP, and it sucked a lot worse than being able to just restart from an earlier save point. If anything, this might make the game harder. It just depends on how much EXP we're talking about here.

Wow that was really nice. Love the idea of gradually morphing into another being.
Also, I really hope you can become a werewolf this time... it was always a rumor with the first game, but nothing more.

FFChris

DrBaalzamon said:
I think its suppose to say ' Game Fitting on DVD Cant Interfere :)

Looks more like cont, as in continue to me. Since the second letter joins at the top like an o, instead of the bottom like an a. Although, it could mean anything given the fact that it's almost illegible scrawl. :lol

Line before October says something like,

"Deteration in doth..."

I think the first word is supposed to deterioration.

Could be the outline of the speech he is going to give at E3? Maybe April is a bit too early for plans like that.

FrankT

snack said:

EDIT: So Fable 2 in November, release date announced during E3?

More like October. Better fitting with Gears in November. I doubt MS wants both out in the same month. Possibly December, but everything seems to suggest more likely October.

Aaron

These videos are always great. Concept art is fantastic. Hope the final game will catch the feel of that in motion.

eve241

I dream of working in rural England in a game dev team.That or in the Washington state/Canada forest-ridden regions.

Ahh, one can dream....

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I really can't wait for this game.

Jtyettis said:
More like October. Better fitting with Gears in November. I doubt MS wants both out in the same month. Possibly December, but everything seems to suggest more likely October.
I meant to write October. :lol

Gorki247

I think the bit about DVD size says:

Game fitting on DVD contingency
planning on size

And October? That would be great.

pr0cs

Agent Icebeezy said:
Fable 2: September
Banjo: October
Gears 2: November

Fable 2 - October
Gears 2 - November
Banjo - December

Though I thought this was the year that Microsoft got out of the gaming business?

Top Bottom