• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Redesign Cover Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

Just had to share this:
UpR4Z.png

Probably one of, it not the most awesome front-to-back MGS4 cover I've ever seen.

Printable Version: http://vgboxart.com/boxes/PS3/42226_metal_gear_solid_4_guns_of_the_patriots-print.png

demosthenes said:
This is what I need!

Thank you so much for the feedback will try Office Max tonight! Didn't even know they did printing!

Don't leave me hanging, let me know how the results are and what instructions you give them on getting them to print correctly for use!

brandonh83 said:
Don't leave me hanging, let me know how the results are and what instructions you give them on getting them to print correctly for use!

Will do!

Rengoku said:
Theres already so many in this thread. Anyway, I'll see what I can do.

In the mean time, here's

Bioshock

Can you rehost? NVM, got the downlaod link from quoting you :)

brandonh83 said:

Printed w/ no questions (regarding copyright) asked @ Office Max.

They used glossy photo paper w/ a laser printer.

The weird thing is, despite opening them here and seeing the print size for some reason at the print center they were a little smaller so he increased their size by a little (which didn't noticeably hurt the image quality at all).

He printed off 13, I spent some time cutting them to the edge and they look freaking great :D

If I can find my camera battery charger I'll get some before and after shots!

Just got back from Office Depot but they were BACKED UP and said that it may not be until tomorrow, BUT I took in my Bioshock case with the insert and explained very carefully what I was looking for and he actually kept the Bioshock insert for comparison. Pretty cool.

And then, since it's right next door, I went over to Gamestop asking for empty PS3 cases and the manager gave me four and said he would hold onto them as they came in, trade ins I guess. So that's cool.

Good service all around! Now I just hope they print correctly.

Quick

Banned
brandonh83 said:
Just got back from Office Depot but they were BACKED UP and said that it may not be until tomorrow, BUT I took in my Bioshock case with the insert and explained very carefully what I was looking for and he actually kept the Bioshock insert for comparison. Pretty cool.

And then, since it's right next door, I went over to Gamestop asking for empty PS3 cases and the manager gave me four and said he would hold onto them as they came in, trade ins I guess. So that's cool.

Good service all around! Now I just hope they print correctly.

I didn't have as much luck with empty PS3 cases at the EB Games near me. The ones they'd give me are the black ones they use for displays. :(

Quick said:
I didn't have as much luck with empty PS3 cases at the EB Games near me. The ones they'd give me are the black ones they use for displays. :(

He showed me those, but then said that as people brought in their old games that he would keep the cases for me, but then again I know him pretty well so I don't know if he would have did it otherwise.

Quick

Banned
brandonh83 said:
He showed me those, but then said that as people brought in their old games that he would keep the cases for me, but then again I know him pretty well so I don't know if he would have did it otherwise.

Probably because you know him pretty well. However, I do easily get spare Xbox 360 cases from them since there's plenty of them to spare.

Do you guys know where I can find/buy PS3 cases ? I have tons of press dics that comes with shity thin cd cases but I'm kinda the collectionist one, so I wanted to print covers and put the press dics into real cases to fit into my gaming library

Andrefpvs

UnluckyKate said:
Do you guys know where I can find/buy PS3 cases ? I have tons of press dics that comes with shity thin cd cases but I'm kinda the collectionist one, so I wanted to print covers and put the press dics into real cases to fit into my gaming library

In Europe PSN cards come in PS3 game boxes.

If you're not in Europe, I reckon it would be more difficult to get one. Maybe try going to a store and ask if they have spares? Or you could always buy the cheapest used game you can find just for the box.

Andrefpvs said:
In Europe PSN cards come in PS3 game boxes.

If you're not in Europe, I reckon it would be more difficult to get one. Maybe try going to a store and ask if they have spares? Or you could always buy the cheapest used game you can find just for the box.

Perfect. Thanks.

Andrefpvs

I have a request, by the way :(

I have a promotional copy of UFC Undisputed 2009 (came in a CD jewel case), but it appears that there's not a good quality cover out there for this game for me to print. This game is the black sheep in my shelf collection...

May anyone here please make a cover for me?

My only request if I may be this bold is that the cover sports the PS3 black stripe template instead of the transparent one. Also, my game is PAL, so no Region 1 thingie on it, please :)

Thanks in advance!

ombz

betweenthewheels said:
Looks good. Just fix the typo and it's golden. "Amoung"
Haha I guess I can't spell today. Sorry about that.
I had the game right in front of me too.
All well I fixed it.

Rengoku

SamuraiX- said:
You are THE fucking man!

Amazing work.

I hope that you'll keep returning to grace us with your brilliant box arts. :D

Thanks!

Actually the reason I've started posting in the thread again was because I recently picked up CS5, so I've been teaching myself how to use it by practicing on these box arts. :)

SamuraiX-

Rengoku said:
Thanks!

Actually the reason I've started posting in the thread again was because I recently picked up CS5, so I've been teaching myself how to use it by practicing on these box arts. :)

You've definitely been picking it up very fast. lol

Rengoku said:
Thanks!

Will you take requests XD

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Spiffy_1st said:
It would be great if all of Veritigo's images were re-uploaded, ESPECIALLY this one.

This is a great thread anyway.
I've made the same thing, way back when UC2 came out. Looking at what he's done, I think I've spent way more time color correcting, pulling out detail, and reconstructing the image behind the logo so that I don't have to put a giant opaque glow there like he did, but I like that he managed to remove that ugly red triangle successfully. I spent so much time getting other stuff right, that I couldn't bother with that anymore. *Edit* Nevermind that, my version doesn't have triangle anymore either :p

Btw, on the top side of this I have left just a bit more black gradient, so that when you're cutting, you can cut into black a bit so that you don't have the residual white paper where you could see it the most.

Print it on a nice glossy photo paper using a good ink jet printer, it looks very good.

Click for high res:

Raonak

Banned
These are amazing covers.

Does anyone know where I could print these, online maybe? don't have printer.

Rengoku

demosthenes said:
Will you take requests XD

Post your requests, and I'll see if I can fill them, if not, maybe someone else can.

Usually, I'll do it only if I can find some good high quality art assets for the game. I try to stay away from having to stretch low res stuff to fit as the image compression artifacts look really ugly when blown up.

Canova

Banned
Rengoku said:
Post your requests, and I'll see if I can fill them, if not, maybe someone else can.

Usually, I'll do it only if I can find some good high quality art assets for the game. I try to stay away from having to stretch low res stuff to fit as the image compression artifacts look really ugly when blown up.

any of these would be great

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
El Shaddai (in-game art asset is great, but the official art cover is terrible)
ICO HD Collection
Batman; Arkham Asylum

thanks

iNvid02

im gonna make an early request for the photoshop pros, assassins creed revelations. i'd like some to put in the official thread

Rock on. Office Depot accidentally entered the wrong dimensions and they came out smaller, so I went back and showed them and they redid all of them free of charge. They came out wonderfully, in excellent quality. Now I have my gf cutting them out; when I have some in the cases I'll post pics.

SamuraiX-

Canova said:
any of these would be great

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
El Shaddai (in-game art asset is great, but the official art cover is terrible)
ICO HD Collection
Batman; Arkham Asylum

thanks

I actually really like the NTSC version of the cover:
zYcnbl.jpg

Looks a helluva lot more legit than most default covers.

Canova said:
how much did it cost you to do all those? did you choose glossy paper just like regular PS3 cover?

She called it glossy text paper. Altogether it was $18 and some change, but again those aren't the only ones I had printed.

Also a tip, make sure that you get them to get the measurements as close to perfect as possible because even if they're just a bit too small, on the fronts you can see more plastic on the sides than normal. However, I'm not as anal about that and I already had them redo it once so I'm not going to bother.

Basically take a sample cover out of a game you own and get them to measure it as spread out as you can get it because if it's not flat, the measurements are going to be a bit smaller due to the indents on the side label.

Finally, the PS3 logo on the side label of the MGS4 cover, the little red stripe under the 3 is vertically lower in comparison to other side labels, not a huge issue for me but I still wanted to mention it. The cover is clearly fantastic though.

Canova

Banned
brandonh83 said:
She called it glossy text paper. Altogether it was $18 and some change, but again those aren't the only ones I had printed.

oh that's not too bad. I have 30 covers from this thread alone I want to print, some of them I don't even have the games yet

brandonh83 said:
Also a tip, make sure that you get them to get the measurements as close to perfect as possible because even if they're just a bit too small, on the fronts you can see more plastic on the sides than normal. However, I'm not as anal about that and I already had them redo it once so I'm not going to bother.

Basically take a sample cover out of a game you own and get them to measure it as spread out as you can get it because if it's not flat, the measurements are going to be a bit smaller due to the indents on the side label.

yeah I plan to take a ps3 cover sample to kinkos. this will be my weekend project

Canova said:
oh that's not too bad. I have 30 covers from this thread alone I want to print, some of them I don't even have the games yet

I think I had 26 covers printed. I'm not sure how much Kinkios charges though so it may be more than Office Depot. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom